Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 05 Mar 2007, 19:29

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/682

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 05 Mar 2007, 19:29

Maltz, awesome job again. Very impressive work doing all of these in a very short time. I have one nit-picky question on this one. You tell us to give all of Raelag's troops to Isabel and then tell us to send him above ground immediately........with no troops?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 05 Mar 2007, 21:12

Yep. Just north of the stairway (I, surface) you can pick up a stack of minotaurs.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 05 Mar 2007, 23:39

Ah, got it. Thanks.

lolz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lolz » 10 Apr 2007, 17:49

At 7 i found a Unicorn bow....only me that found one??

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 10 Jul 2007, 14:17

Great. Well now its just to get it done :p

yeppados
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby yeppados » 15 Nov 2007, 20:00

Usually the green heroes give the troops to a stronger one that attack you.

If you manage to kill this one from the town AND let alive the 2 green with few troops....the green wont respawn and you will save troops and have more time to explore/flag. Even on hard and with some lucky neutral join, Thraslai come didn't attack my full build and enforded town when he had the chance... He only tried to avoid the hero outside to pass the dragon portal with the joined dragons. On normal Thraslai run away and with some trick i got all heroes visiting each stat bonus and the second town.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 07 Jan 2008, 16:05

Hmm, when I touched the 163 Black Dragons (who joined me), the mission ended. No boss (Thralasai) fight, nothing. Is that normal?

NOTE: I used Isabel to get to the Black dragons, not Ylaya.
May the Implosion be with you!

stachnie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stachnie » 30 Apr 2008, 11:06

I wasted too much time with Ylaya flagging mines etc. so I missed a few stat boosts (7' and 8) and I managed to get the dragons and TP to the town just before Thraslai attacked it but I think the battle was winnable (playing on Hard) even without the dragons - Ylaya's attack plus Mass Haste, Mass Righteous Might, Mass Endurance etc. were awesome (in my case he could cast only TWO Armageddons). I am not sure but Thraslai's army seemed to grow with time.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 03 Aug 2009, 16:55

Of incredible use at the start of this mission is Scholar, even if you get it on a hired hero. You can update everyone with spells, especially Town Portal.

On Normal, the enemy heroes ignore everyone and everything and go straight first for their rendezvous and army-joining point, then for the town. If they don't think they can pass a garrison or the dragon stack on the right, they will just sit there, presumably until the next spawn time when they can get reinforcements.

You can therefore camp near the rendezvous and hit all three before turning your attention to the other side.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 03 Aug 2009, 17:07

On normal, both Raelag and Isabel start at level 25 and can only gain one level, so use Isabel as a mule and have Ylaya do all the fighting. Isabel can level-cap at the Sylanna's ancient.

I took the Arena area to flag the dragon dwelling then headed up, and met the dragons on week 5, day 4. Thralsai spawned immediately, so I had no chance to grab the other underground stat bonuses. There's a possibility of grabbing all bonuses if you rush Ylaya and if Isabel had Town Portal, but she didn't and I didn't have a scholar who could transfer it.

One possibility is to take the Arena and in the first few days get Town Portal in the town, visit it, then go for the stat bonuses then go topside.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 03 Aug 2009, 18:02

It's worthwhile flagging mines and parking a hero near any of the trading posts. On week 5, day 7, Isabel ferried from the town my final hires: 150 Assassins, 155 Blood Furies, 60 Hydras, 48 Shadow Witches, 27 Black Dragons.

I couldn't find the Dragon Wing Tabard, so I swapped out for the Dwarf Artifacts plus others I invested in -- Cloak of Death's Shadow, being one of them. Even after pricey artifact buys, there's a lot of money on this map to buy damage-soaks.

danny420
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby danny420 » 25 Jan 2010, 03:16

when i played this mission the boss was really rediclusley weak i mean he had maybe 20 or 30 creatures with him420 and those were assasins and blood furies and 1 hydr***
Edited on Sun, Jan 24 2010, 22:19 by danny420

Dstr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dstr » 20 Mar 2010, 20:21

have just completed the mission but i didn't have time to join the black dragons.... i arrived with Ylaya at the red gate... i didn't know Thralsai would come at the end of month 2...

I lost two stat bonuses and I had a very tough fight... I had to TP Ylaya and give all troops to Raelag who won the battle using Frenzy on assassins, hidra, minotaurs.

i tried then also with Ylaya (and I got 2 exp. levels, which was better!), and I won the battle using the Unicorn bow... I had about 250 assassins and 25 shadow matriarch ... who where killing about 100 assassins per turn.

also of a great help was ballista and empowered spells or phantoms on assassins and minotaurs (I had about 200 minotaurs :D:D)

Shimdra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shimdra » 03 Jun 2010, 18:12

Normal - 2.1

After taking the dragon stack Thralsai spawned right away. He decided to head north to visit the northwest gold mine and then proceeded to... wait at the intersection. Even after moving all heroes away from the town and trying to coax him out, Thralsai simply stayed in the Northwest corner, maybe once in a while visiting the nearby tomb.

It wasn't any effort to go get him, really. Though now that I read the walkthrough I wish I had taken the opportunity to explore the map and find that Sylanna's Ancient.

Shimdra
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shimdra » 03 Jun 2010, 18:12

Aaaaand... refreshing the page reposts.
Edited on Thu, Jun 03 2010, 14:13 by Shimdra

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 20 Jun 2010, 16:38

This map is actually quite easy on hard. If you spend all your money on hires, you can beat Thralsai on quickcombat without using the dragons or losing more than 1/3 your army.

I had picked up lots of resources (which I converted to gold) and hired as much as I could. I got the Fortress town after the first month, so I didn't get much gold from them. Nonetheless my army got so big that Thralsai refused to fight me and ran past to the surface instead!

I had to chase him down. (Am guessing he is programmed to go after any town you own.) Lost maybe 1/4 of my army fighting him. Most casualties came from his armageddon spells, not his troops (which I demolished easily thanks to Unicorn's Bow).

None of the battles here were even remotely challenging. The challenge for this map lies in getting both Isabel and Ylaya to all the level ups. I had expert logistics on both of them and got town portal around week 4. I was playing without Maltz's walkthrough and missed 2 stats for Ylaya and maybe 8 for Isabel.
Edited on Sun, Jun 20 2010, 12:39 by cjlee

Kardszy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kardszy » 14 Nov 2011, 17:36

Quote:"You can make Raelag visit the map maker at (5). However, since the map is now revealed to you and I will go over everything you need to know, you may as well save that 4000G to hire more units"

I advise visiting it because it gives 4 spell power and 4 knowledge to the 1st hero (the one you pay with)
Edited on Mon, Nov 14 2011, 12:38 by Kardszy

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 14 Nov 2011, 21:08

I have the urge to think of an excuse such as "it must come from a new patch", since being as anal as I am on stats boosts, I normally don't miss out on any opportunity. But maybe I simply forgot about that one. Thanks for the input!

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 24 Nov 2011, 04:15

I didn't get any stat boost for visiting/paying the map maker. Are you using some mod that may have added a stat boost?

Also, like others said, if you don't kill all the green heroes then the next attack waves don't spawn, which makes this mission easier. After around a game week the remaining heroes just stopped moving, even when my heroes ended their turns 2 spaces away from them!

Edit: When Thralsai appeared he took one of my buildings, picked up a few stat boosts, than stopped moving a few days from my town. That gave me enough time to pick up the last stat boosts (even the ones right next to Thralsai) on Isabel.
Edited on Thu, Nov 24 2011, 09:28 by ShadowLiberal

Return to “Articles”