Wulfstan's Defiance - The Ambush

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 24 Feb 2007, 01:33

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/675

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 24 Feb 2007, 01:33

OK, I'll bite. I do need to be told how to kill 6 wraiths with 2 defenders. I must have missed some thread somehwere......... I'm curious. I don't have any real problem winning that battle, but I would like to know this little gem of info.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 24 Feb 2007, 01:54

(grin) I was a little misleading there. The first defender blocks the road, so it dies from Wrath's attack. The second defenders dies from Wrath's retaliation, so all of your other units can whack the Wrath without retaliation. So you killed 6 wraths with (the loss) of 2 defenders.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 24 Feb 2007, 17:29

Ah. Very good! Thanks.

shep61
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby shep61 » 24 Feb 2007, 18:09

Maltz, is there a way to find out which level 4 and 5 spells a town will have when the mission is just started? I'm tired of playing most of the mission and getting "Word of Light" and "Armageddon", when I know I need Ressurec & Implosion. I know how to get to the console, but how do I find out what spells are coming?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 24 Feb 2007, 19:42

I don't know any specific code for that, but you can always do a trial run with a succession of codes:

1. AddHeroCreatures ("Wulfstan",84,1000) ---- 84 is black dragon

2. SetPlayerResource (Resources?) (PLAYER_1,0, 10000) ---- 0-6 for different resources

3. ChangeHeroStats ("Wulfstan",7,10000) ---- Repeat this until you take the castle, and start building the mage guild yourself. :D
Edited on Sat, Feb 24 2007, 11:43 by maltz

relvap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby relvap » 28 Feb 2007, 07:16

just being petty, you wrote about 7 and 7' twice, i reckon one was ment to be 6.

and great job you're doing with those walkthrough. now just waiting for the strategy guide :)

Janitor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Janitor » 16 Apr 2007, 15:57

Andreas did not spawn after liberating the creature dwellings well within the 2 month time limit. Is there some special action I need to take to spawn him?

-thing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby -thing » 18 Apr 2007, 20:02

He didn't spawn on my try either, and i had to restart and missed out Armageddon and Resurrect from the guild.(but those spells are hardly vital on Normal) I think taking any of the dwarven dwellings before capturing the town causes Andreas' disappearance, somehow.

Janitor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Janitor » 19 Apr 2007, 18:59

I think I discovered why Andreas did not spawn. There was a small group of hunters at his entry point. I originally defeated them after the 2 month timeline. When I went back to an earlier saved game less than 2 months and defeated them, Andreas spawned correctly immediately after the last creature dwelling was flagged.

mightypants
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mightypants » 04 Apr 2009, 03:44

I'm having the same problem. Where is he supposed to spawn?

Zammy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zammy » 09 Apr 2009, 08:51

He should came through from the surface, from SW.
Failure is not an option -- it comes bundled with Windows.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Jun 2010, 18:43

Maltz, I still don't understand how you killed 6 wraiths with 2 defenders.

Seeing the wraiths, I split my army. Attacking with 1-defender stacks should be second nature by now. Unfortunately, the enemy has a lich stack which demolished my packed troops. There isn't really any way to keep them alive due to the narrow bridge and the limited standing space. Only way would be to exclude the bear riders.

For dwarves vs undead, it's the liches that are dangerous. Almost everything else can be handled.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Wulfstan's Defiance - The Ambush

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 07 Sep 2019, 19:54

Hard 2.1
I'm not sure I can make it from here. Wulfstan has expert Destructive Magic but only basic Light Magic. The top two Destructive spells he got are Armageddon and Chain Lightning. I would have preferred Implosion and Meteor Shower and he didn't get Circle of Winter or Mass Haste. And with Spell Power 13 it takes a lot of Fireballs to win a battle!

To add to my frustration I took the time to kill the Phoenixes only to earn a Turban of Enlightenment, long after hitting the Level Cap.

Return to “Articles”