Fortress Walkthrough Started

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Fortress Walkthrough Started

Unread postby Angelspit » 22 Feb 2007, 01:51

The Wulfstan's Defiance campaign is the first Heroes of Might and Magic V campaign centered on the new faction of the expansion pack. The first maps can be a bit of a problem as you must defend a castle and get familiar with a new hero type and a new kind of magic. Fortunately, maltz comes to our rescue with a great pair of walkthroughs.

<a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/674">The Border Zone</a> includes a basic explanation or rune magic, a list of the new feats with their descriptions and a town building sequence. Since the scenario is about defending a town, maltz tells you from where the attackers come from and what their armies are made of (at heroic). <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/675">The Ambush</a> is an opportunity to revisit the beautiful Dwarven underground, which you briefly saw during the final scenario of the first campaign. The walkthrough is a step-by-step tour of the underground that also includes a building sequence.

<i>"So far, we have always recommended taking the creatures as starting bonus, but we will make an exception here. Although 10 black bears sound good, they are insignificant compared to your large starting army. They also don't merge with your existing Bear Rider stack, thus leaving less room for your 1-defender stacks."</i>

We're halfway through the Hammers of Fate campaigns already. More articles will be published in a couple of days.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/674
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Wulfstan's Defiance - The Border Zone

Unread postby Elvin » 22 Feb 2007, 16:56

That reminds me how it was when I first played the dwarves. It felt hopeless to creep back then! What if I had tried heroic on the first try? :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 23 Feb 2007, 23:01

I have to say that I like the addition of screenshots, it makes the walkthrough stand out
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 14 Sep 2007, 20:35

Yes, like the screenshots (and sardonic comments) and btw Elvin's avatar is pretty cool too. Playing on Hard this mission is pretty easy, and the main point is to make sure you don't win too soon (so long as you keep those 300 shieldguards separate it won't trigger) before you reach the level cap.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 14 Sep 2007, 22:44

Thanks :) I liked this campaign, it has a distinct personality.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 15 Oct 2007, 22:36

I looked into it and it sounds like the rune problem is related to a bad no-cd exe.

viewtopic.php?t=5771&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 2381015435

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Jun 2010, 18:37

had the same experience as Elvin. First time with Dwarves, I thought game was buggy. 20,30 starting shieldguards were inflicting like 1 or 2 damage on neutral stacks across the battlefield.

Without runes or the damage dealers like brawlers and thanes, I'd say dwarves are only good for staying alive while runemage casts spells.

On heroic, these shorties start really, really slow because you can't afford to build mage guilds or use resources in early game.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 30 Apr 2012, 01:35

Just a tip for building your hero. If you want to use Summoning or Dark magic on Wulfstan, there's a dragon utopia in Mission #3, and another in mission #4, where you can get level 4 or 5 spells for those magic types (every month it respawns).

So if you really want Summoning or Dark magic, don't be afraid to pick it from lack of opportunities to learn the spells.

Return to “Articles”