Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiation

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 15 Feb 2007, 00:48

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/670
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 15 Feb 2007, 00:48

Hmm...I would've taken the liberty of deleting the three extra comment clones, but for some reason, they can't be deleted because this comment thread doesn't exist.

I'm confused.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 15 May 2007, 13:20

Thanks Maltz, I couldn't have finished this scenario without your help. (How did you know the exact army number? - it wasn't mentioned in the dialogue was it!)

Trelew
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Trelew » 27 Aug 2007, 03:31

Just curious about something...just before hitting the Dwarves castle you go through a garrison. I was quite surprised that I could exchange armies here. Would it be wise to swap?
Sanity is relative, for others it's a distant cousin.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 09 Sep 2007, 22:56

Yes, I'm puzzled by how he knew the exact army number. I reduced my army steadily as they kept saying I had too many, till I had a single squire. They then let me in, but of course I couldn't fight later.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 09 Sep 2007, 23:05

The exact numbers that are allowed through the Dwarven garrison are mentioned in the objectives. I'm not sure why you had to reduce your army to a single Squire though. Have you tried again since?
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 10 Sep 2007, 16:56

Yes, went back armed with your helpful advice and took exactly what you said, sailing through the rest of the scenario without difficulty. I think I had 10 paladins before i threw up my hands and tried a single squire. I did check the objectives and didn't see the exact numbers - it just said something like "satisfy the drawves' requirements", as i recall. But I must have missed the details - perhaps a scroll down.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 10 Sep 2007, 17:00

Ah, I see, went bvack to an earlier save - if one clicks on the objective one gets more details. Still learning! Many thanks again...

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 27 Nov 2009, 20:47

About "no trick to the final battle" - remember about your marksmen close range shot, teleport, haste, some damage buffs and (mass) slow. You actually don't need anything else, not even an ammocart.

Note: If you beat those magma dragons between the garrisons, the game freezes upon approaching Tor Hrall(or maybe crashes? can't recall; either way, you can't continue). At least that's what happens in 2.0 and my guess is it works with the other stacks as well(I didn't manage to beat them, but they also disappear when left untouched).

Btw. Did anybody take a closer look at this brown hero seen on the map at the beggining of this walkthrough?(silent stalker anybody?)
Edited on Tue, Jun 22 2010, 06:19 by Maciek

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 21 Jun 2010, 19:25

the godzillas were the toughest battle in this map. i took them down without paladin reinforcements, but whew! it was VERY painful. My Freyda did not have resurrection.

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 22 Jun 2010, 10:33

The biggest army of this mission (and possibly of all h5 campaigns) is guarding a large empty area in the north-east. When I got there just after clearing the rest of this map, there were some 30 000 thanes! Definitely doable with dark and resurrection and if they are in 3 stacks. Otherwise, well... would be very hard if doable at all.

Virtual-Bird
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Virtual-Bird » 08 Jan 2011, 09:22

I've just started playin HOMM5 again after 12mths.. and went back to a saved game, Part II: Greetings from the Dwarves. I now remember why I gave up.

My massive army consists of 1 Conscript (WTF chance do I have!).

EVERYthing is surrounded by Hordes of creatures - even before I go through the transporter at 3 (EG artifact at blue D1).

Nothing joins me anywhere I go before or after transporter..

I go thru transporter, (D2 and D3) artifacts surrounded by hordes and destroy me, underground the wolves are hordes, and destroy me instantly, same for phoenix, just before them on the left, there are 2 ways to go and the arena all have hordes which attack and kill me.

I cannot seem go anywhere. Is there a bug in my version?

Anyone got any ideas or a clue??

Thanks VB
Edited on Sat, Jan 08 2011, 04:35 by Virtual-Bird

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 29 Oct 2011, 23:35

A slight correction, you say there's lots of XP from quests, but I reached the level cap the previous level, and failed to reach this mission. I had to run back to the horde of phoenixes near the beginning of part 2 of this mission to max out my level.

Also for those perfectionists like me who want to avoid losses in part #2 of this mission, it is doable in just about every fight. The only fights I lost units were against the Fire/Magma dragons, and Phoenixes. By that point though those were the only fights left so I didn't care too much. Oh and I did this with all Light and Dark magic spells, except for resurrect.

Return to “Articles”