The Warlock → Raelag's Offer

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Aug 2006, 00:47

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/588
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Aug 2006, 00:47

Yeah... I beat that garrison. No problem. I'm the man. You know. Like - THA man. *snif*
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

metalic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby metalic » 03 Aug 2006, 01:44

While you have a spell power of 40+, nothing stands in your way.

Conclusion, I love warlocks.
I'm a wild man.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Aug 2006, 04:17

Yeah! Except 3000 familiars. Now only if we have some "potion" thing as in HoMM 4... :D
Edited on Wed, Aug 02 2006, 22:18 by maltz

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 03 Aug 2006, 04:52

I took the path A,and it was quite easy.Destroyed the inferno towns completely.Then waited a week or two,and stormed the rest of the garnisons.And those 3k familiars were so easy to deal with blood furries+haste(I took the power of speed :devil: ).

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Aug 2006, 06:43

This mission wast that hard , played on normal and even my Raelag didnt have any magic schools :p I didnt go for any town but wiped out any resistance on my way to the finish line, I barely got Shadya through the last portal, thanks to that I left her somewhere underground, the enemy was sure on her heels, but luckily I cleared the mission by an acceptable margin.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 03 Aug 2006, 14:00

I am curious... is the garrison smaller on lower difficulties? That 400 elementals took me 8-9 blasts of empowered implosion. Woo :hoo:

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

The Warlock ￾¨ Raelag's Offer

Unread postby theGryphon » 09 Aug 2006, 18:16

I took option C and wiped out all the map, I mean "everything", except garrison G :D. My army was too worn out after I finished Grawl. Probably I was kind of late and he had like 40 AD, 80 PL, 100 HC, 150 SM, 450 HH, 500 HO and 800 IM. At the end Raelag had more than a million exp points! But his spell power was only 25 :(
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

The Warlock ￾¨ Raelag's Offer

Unread postby maltz » 10 Aug 2006, 15:33

Wow spell power 25 sounds like a record low for me. However, you probably have gained more points in the might aspects that have helped you a lot in this mission.

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

The Warlock ￾→ Raelag's Offer

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 10 Aug 2006, 17:44

Thankyou soooo much Maltz

Are you a professor? I wish you had gone for the expansion first, but I managed...
Morior, ergo sum

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 10 Aug 2006, 21:50

Welcome. Actually I will help out with the expansion mission walkthrough soon.

Do I sound "professional"? That would be the work of psychobabble who edited every single walkthrough mission for me. He is the professor!

Majkel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Majkel » 10 Sep 2006, 05:21

I competed this map twice , each time with a different build for Raelag . Which RAelag would be in the last Academy , or Better Zehir missons ??

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: The Warlock ￾→ Raelag's Offer

Unread postby maltz » 11 Sep 2006, 22:41

The later one will overwrite the earlier.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 16 Sep 2006, 19:08

On Heroic, wasn't too awful, though I'm grateful to the walkthrough for explaining that we need to get BOTH heroes through to the border - an event to that effect, or at least a clarification in the objectives, would be nice. I parked Shadya in the Sanctuary in the middle of the map and left her to read improving literature while we got on with the job, but then had to go and get her...

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby sisko » 13 Nov 2006, 14:23

I took option A, having the intention of destroying the castles and waiting my time to build up again, ended up having raelag behind the finish line. Shadya in a sanctuary and one annoying enemy hero, which i couldn't win from anymore. What i found out was, if raelag is behind the last garrison the enemy ignores him, take a step out and he goes after him. So i stepped in and out a couple of times and everytime he went towards me, away from me. etc.

This way i could get shadya in safety. Just barely,(one movementpoint less and she would have been killed) but i made it. (was my 3rd try, so i just wanted to get it over with and get on with the sylvan campaign :)

DigitalMocking
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DigitalMocking » 23 Nov 2006, 20:02

I went option B, and was through the tunnel by mid week 2 and on my way to garrison I to finish, Grawl came along and just destroyed me, 40+ arch devil, hundreds of other units, its not even a fight.

And this was on normal difficulty. Very discouraging.

fhare
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fhare » 13 Dec 2006, 03:42

I must be doing something wrong, I keep getting my a$$ kicked here. Is the 1.4 patch version that much harder? Anyone done this map with 1.4 yet?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Dec 2006, 04:08

Someone did:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/

viewtopic.php?t=4205&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=195

Try rushing through the garrisons and destroying the towns asap.After that,you can take your sweet time clearing the map.If that doesnt work,going through the underground and straight for the last garrison might.
Edited on Thu, Feb 08 2007, 15:35 by maltz

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 05 Aug 2007, 13:20

Grawl just owned me. I hate him.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 30 Aug 2007, 19:14

An astonishingly easy scenario on Heroic, and almost all the way through you can get by unscathed unless you tangle with an enemy hero, whose actions you generally can't block. Made it to the finish line before the end of Month 1!

Shadya actually performed better as she had the option of Puppet Master to seize control of the insane-sized stacks of imps and cerebuses in some of the garrisons. She did very well considering I sent her on the Blue Borderguard path with only 20 Hydra and 1 Dragon, she did fine except for the last city, which I declined to take and waited for Raelag's troops.

Also, if she has Decay and Mass Decay, she can sometimes inflict more _net_ damage with these spells than with her Destruction spells. In long fights with lots of enemy units, it can be worthwhile casting that instead.

Goes to show that everyone should take Sorcery and Dark Magic, regardless of their hero type. Dark Magic solves a LOT of problems. And if your mana pool is deep, you can even wait until all your hydras are ressurrected by continuously Puppet Mastering units that do not have no-retaliation attacks until you are ready.

Convert all chests to XP. You will be doing very little recruiting anyway, and in the worst case you can convert resources to gold.

And definitely rush, and do the overland route to take out the cities first.

Imps drain mana, so it's better to fight them with Shayda and her Puppet Master. If she has any left, she can still grab control of a Gated stack of imps to prevent them from draining her mana. If they are Familiars, you can in this way get some mana back by sucking it from the enemy hero.

The best bonus is the Horseshoe, IMO, especially if you developed Luck, and most expecially if you have Warlock's Luck. The boots are an interesting choice, but I found 3 pairs of boots on the map, one guarded by hell chargers near the start, so go for firepower with the Horseshoe.

All in all, an excellent scenario to highlight Dungeon's capabilities. For once, I used Hydra a lot, and it was interesting taking on groundpounders without Blood Maidens. Overall, however, I feel the Warlock campaign poor, as you received huge Knowledge bonuses (especially at the start of Mission 4), so that racial drawback is not enforced, whereas the other races must make do with their stat distributions.

Quest
Edited on Thu, Aug 30 2007, 22:18 by Grail Quest

Return to “Articles”