New Column: Might and Milla

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Might and Milla

Unread postby soupnazii » 19 Jul 2006, 20:15

@campaigner: Ok. so monsters shouldnt be ablle to walk on their own, but you have to admit that caravan was a good (and useful) feature....

nice article, Milla.

Clira
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby Clira » 19 Jul 2006, 20:26

I'm a girl too. My name is Melissa. I love Computer Games... Looong Loong time -years- playing games for computer :)
Edited on Wed, Jul 19 2006, 14:27 by Clira

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 20:30

Thanks.

@Clyra: Hey Melissa. Welcome (back) to the forums :-D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jul 2006, 20:46

Nice one milla.I really dont know where that myth about girls not playing games comes from.Most of the girls I know do play a lot.And not just FPSs,but other games too.They differ in their taste for games just as men do.

Btw,dont be so sure that youd like HV more if you played one of the previous incarnations.I started with HII,yet I still like HIV the best.

Also,I wonder why men like to play male characters and women like to play female characters in games where you have a 3rd person view from the back?I mean if you are going to stare at someones behind for the whole game,why not make it an attractive one? :devil:

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 20:55

Many people imagine they're playing with an alter ego, that's why many guys take a male character and many girls a female character. I know I've always taken a male character when I had that choice.

MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Might and Milla

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 19 Jul 2006, 21:05

The reason that women almost exclusively play female characters and men usually don't really care is quite easy to explain. Women love to be portrayed to be beautiful and generally enjoy the attention.

It's just one of those things of nature.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 21:09

VortexD wrote:Many people imagine they're playing with an alter ego, that's why many guys take a male character and many girls a female character. I know I've always taken a male character when I had that choice.
Good point. It's always nice to pretend you're an @$$-kicking action hero for an hour or two...
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jul 2006, 21:33

I do recall something about taking the female model in a FPS because it was slimmer then the male one. Don't know if it really worked.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Might and Milla

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 21:43

Ah yes, the tactical choice to take the female player, unfortunately in most FPS's it's the gun that usually is too big to miss. But taking a female character might help, I never noticed that though.
When someone asks whether your glass is half full or half empty, always say your glass is entirely full. The actual contents of the glass is not relevant.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 21:43

ThunderTitan wrote:I do recall something about taking the female model in a FPS because it was slimmer then the male one. Don't know if it really worked.
What difference does that make? ;| Is it because of the sight line?

Oh, too big guns. Like the redeemer in UT. It takes up half the screen. And really it's just made that large to support the fact that it's an extremely powerful weapon - if only you could see where you were supposed to shoot it to :D
Last edited by Milla aka. the Slayer on 19 Jul 2006, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 19 Jul 2006, 21:46

DaemianLucifer wrote:Nice one milla.I really dont know where that myth about girls not playing games comes from.
Usually it comes from girls themselves, who complain about boys wasting their time on games ;)
VortexD wrote:Many people imagine they're playing with an alter ego, that's why many guys take a male character and many girls a female character. I know I've always taken a male character when I had that choice.
Guys often choose female characters simply because they are easier on the eyes :) This would of course mostly apply to games where the graphics are clear enough to make this relevant.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 21:52

I know of a friend of mine who plays World of Warcraft and always takes the female elves as a character. Amazingly, the stronger their armor gets in the game, the less skin it covers. B-)

And no that 'friend' is not me, MMORPG's just take too much time IMO.
Last edited by VortexD on 19 Jul 2006, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 22:01

VortexD wrote:I know of a friend of mine who plays World of Warcraft and always takes the female elves as a character. Amazingly, the stronger their armor gets in the game, the less skin it covers. B-)
Well that's not too bad. It certainly motivates the player to play more and harder :D
- Dragon Age Origins

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Might and Milla

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 19 Jul 2006, 22:03

Some of my most entertaining recollections in gaming occured when playing massive multiplayer games, and someone cracks a joke(a nice joke) about a character related to that character's gender, assuming that the character is really that gender in real life.

Then there is that big awkward silence, followed by "All you guys are really guys, and all you girls are really girls, right? What a laugh.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Nalah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby Nalah » 19 Jul 2006, 22:06

Hello,

I'm new to this site and I'm a female gamer. I'm 30+ and have been gaming for over 15 years. I play everything from FPS to HOMM V. I don't usually post on forums but it's nice to see a female point of view for once. :)

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 19 Jul 2006, 22:06

Ahahaha. Rule number one for social relations in online games is that all characters are played by guys no matter their ingame gender until proven otherwise :-D

Hi Nalah :wave: Nice to see Milla's article having a positive effect, making more women come forward :)

And no worries about the double post, it happens. I fixed it.
Last edited by Ethric on 19 Jul 2006, 22:10, edited 2 times in total.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

VortexD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby VortexD » 19 Jul 2006, 22:10

Welcome to the forum Nalah!

@Milla; Seems you've broken the ice for the others girls. :hoo:
Last edited by VortexD on 19 Jul 2006, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Nalah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby Nalah » 19 Jul 2006, 22:10

*waves back* Thank you

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 19 Jul 2006, 22:22

@Nalah: Wauw, this is great :-D What a pleasent surprise. So do you like the forums so far? :D

@Vortex: Yup :proud: It's wonderful...
- Dragon Age Origins

Nalah
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Milla

Unread postby Nalah » 19 Jul 2006, 22:27

@Milla yes I do, was just reading back through the posts and I agree most female charaters for games are exteamly over proportioned and don't have enuff clothes on. I know I used to pick male skins in quakeIII just so I didn't have to run around looking like a ***** :)
Edited on Wed, Jul 19 2006, 16:27 by Nalah

Return to “Articles”