The Ranger → The Refugees

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Mardon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mardon » 24 Aug 2007, 11:21

Installed patch 1.41 and 1.5. Now it works. However the teal waited to attack until second month.

Capt_Tripps
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Capt_Tripps » 10 Sep 2007, 19:55

I tried the Mage Vault on an earlier play-through and was not given the Resurrection spell (I didn't pick Light Magic). I played through again and picked up Enlightenment (Expert) and I was given Resurrection. Of course, the first time I didn't have to defeat Phoenixes.

Oh yeah, don't forget to go to the Mage Vault. I forgot since I had the Resurrection Scroll. Luckilly I still had a save from right before the final battle. I didn't quite make it to the town, but the Demon stack went for me instead of the town. Not choosing the favorites didn't hurt too much.

There's also a 50% fire protection sheild by a stack of Spectral Dragons at the top left of the map (next to the large body of water).
Edited on Tue, Sep 11 2007, 20:38 by Capt_Tripps

akaihane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby akaihane » 18 Feb 2008, 05:15

What is Ubi doing? Its still bugged in Heroic 1.5 and I've tried twice already , no biara at all.

Meentje
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Meentje » 26 Jun 2008, 16:59

Someone please help, i'v played this mission a dozen times and i have never finished it.... not even on easy!! the game is patched until 1.6 (is that the problem? i hope not..) the first problem is that tael's firts attack is at the end of the first month, and destoys my garrison without much losses (he uses raise daed al the time) then a few weeks later, he attacks again, runs over my garrison, and before i can supply that garrison with new troops, he attacks a third garrison.... mission over. I have never seen biara... what to do! has enyone got some tips for me to complete this mission?? i mean, it must be pathetic to loose the mission on easy... a dozen times... Please help me!
Edited on Sun, Jun 29 2008, 02:15 by Meentje

fosforo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fosforo » 11 Sep 2008, 18:33

I've played this mission before the installation of the 1.6 patch and all was ok.

Now, after installation, the mission does'nt finish because Biara still remains in the low-left corner of the map (outside the boudary) and she doesn't move any muscle. I'm in the fifth month of the mission!

MOreover and differently from how I remember, the necro troops start to attack my garrison very very late (after the first month). I'm sure that before the patch the first attack was in the first week.

This mission was originally bugged, then fixed in patch 1.2. How can is possible that after other 4 patches it doesn't work again?

FOsforo

vostok1961
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vostok1961 » 04 Nov 2008, 23:25

Hi there,

I also had the nasty problem that Biara does not come (with patch 1.6). End of the day, end of the day but nothing happens. So I used a cheat to continue to the next map.

Here is guide how to achieve this.

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... eats.shtml

You are interested of "Instant Win" option.

Good luck and enJoy.
Edited on Tue, Nov 04 2008, 18:26 by vostok1961

Blake
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Blake » 27 Dec 2008, 08:12

Well I've got patch 1.6 installed and Biara charged in to her death as planned.. although I was only playing on easy..
Blake's Sanctum - Heroes of Might & Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 26 Jul 2009, 09:38

Heroic 1.6

I'm really not fond of the maps with plenty of places to explore and next to no time to do this.If in C4M1 I've almost cleared all stacks,here I was far from that.First 2 weeks leveled against walkers (not losing a single sprite), then learn resurrection and circle to hit all stat bonuses.Flag a couple of mines too,and get the Unicorn Bow in the last days.

First 2 necro heroes failed to compute the path to the garrisons.Same as in C4M3.So they spawned and stayed still(and Orson,the Teal's garrison hero, happily took some of their units on a ride).The 3d hero took one garrison in W4d6 and met his doom (her actually,it was Raven) next day.M2w1d3 Biara blast through garrison and charged to her glorious(and very short lived) end.I've almost feared a more severe bug,leading to restart,but then I've checked the situation hitting End Turn for 2 weeks .
Edited on Sun, Jul 26 2009, 15:07 by Peredhil
Hard work is good for soul,but ale is better.

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 17 Sep 2009, 15:44

For Findan, the best combo you can probably go for (and you need it for the last mission) is war machine -> ballista -> imbue ballista -> triple ballista + master of ice or fire (I'd usually think ice is more flexible) a imbued triple ballista with ice ring and master of ice is simply devastating.

Still, I'd take light magic before destruc, just in case . in the event that you miss out on destruc magic (a certain possibility) then imbue it with weakness. and always use ur ballista to hit the biggest / highest defensed stacked, I was able to reduce a 30+ def unit to 0 in one turn lol
The river of time wash away all heroes

johnny
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby johnny » 06 Nov 2009, 14:17

Hi everybody! I see that not only myself is having problems with Biara's appearance.

First of all, I'm running Version 1.0 and no matter what I do, this mission is bugging the hell out of me.

Why Biara is not coming? I understood that is might possible to be a bug, but how could it be, logically you can not continue the rest of the missions if this one is bugged!

Please, what can I do, please, I played almost a week and I'm trouble sleeping!

Da_Vane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Da_Vane » 17 Apr 2010, 07:52

You might want to check to see if the starting bonuses affect your start up situations for each game. It seems that whenever I choose the 4 Master Hunters, I end up starting with 4 Master Hunters and 20 Hunters, yet whenever I choose the 2 Druid Elders, I start with 20 Master Hunters and 4 Hunters. All these games are patch 1.5...

obanvar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby obanvar » 22 May 2010, 22:12

Just want to help all those like me, who suffered long months trying multiple solutions on this mission, waiting for Biara to appear but she never did...

If you have patch 1.6 (like me), Biara will be SOOO FU%$ING BUGGED on a mountain, so she will simple not come and you won't be able to complete the mission!!!

Solutions?? try this one: just re-install the game from version 1.0, and then install a previous patch!!. I used 1.4 (you have to install 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 first, in order to apply 1.4 finally). It seemed that she was not bugged at all on patch 1.4, she finally came by Day 5, Week 2, Month 2 (I was playing on Normal), I beat her ass and went on to Mission 2 :-)

After you pass the mission, OF COURSE you have to install patch 1.41, 1.5 and then 1.6, to fix some video bugs, if you have any (and I did have them, 'cause I'¡m playing on a laptop Dell Latitude D520, 1GB Ram, with an Intel 945GM graphics card with 224MB Video (yeah, it is crap, but if you combine it with the 3D Analize program, the game runs pretty good and smooth, with a Normal config on Video Options, so it turns to be no crap at all if you use the program and apply ALL the patches ^_^)

King_Nothing-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby King_Nothing- » 21 Oct 2010, 12:07

I tried to cheat my way past this mission because of the bugs, but i can't get it working. I have edited my files as this page http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... eats.shtml

suggest, and i can get access to the console, but for some reason it just give me an error message when i type @win() can someone explain it?

King_Nothing-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby King_Nothing- » 21 Oct 2010, 12:08

Im using patch 1.6 btw

valkyrie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby valkyrie » 29 Mar 2011, 09:03

Is anybody still playing this game? Well I am, so here goes...

I completed this on patch1.6 normal difficulty, and didn't experience any bugs. Teal didnt attack any of my garrisons(maybe this is a bug), so I just fiddled around, reached the level cap, built up my town, built up an army. Just as I was about to panic that Biara wouldn't attack, she appeared! This was approximately Week 2 Month 2. Easy battle in my town, THE END.

My suggestions if Biara doesnt appear: 1) hang in there, she'll appear eventually; 2) Restart mission on a more difficult level

balder
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby balder » 27 Sep 2011, 14:49

@King_Nothing

To enable cheats using the console, the first thing you need to type is "enable_cheats"

Text should pop up, saying that cheats have been activated.

To instantly win the scenario, activate the cheat console then type in "@Win ()"

Hope this helps. I had to scour the thread at http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=18589 before I found out how to activate the cheats. The cheat guide doesn't say that you first need to type in "enable_cheats"

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 08 Oct 2011, 02:59

Like others have said this map has changed in recent patches. It takes longer to get attacked, Your garrison also stands zero chances of winning when you are attacked, so forget reinforcing them, just reclaim them when they're defeated.

Also, I don't see a need for logistics to have enough time to grab all the stat boosters. You'd be better off picking something like leadership. My Findan easily reached +5 morale, the max that seems to be allowed apparently. I don't know about you but I like that kind of a morale bonus instead of being a bit quicker moving around the map and seeing farther.

Edit: I was unable to finish this mission without the automatic win cheat. Biara showed up on the map, and I saw a cut scene about her arrival, but Biara then did nothing on her turns. Teal's heroes also got smarter once Biara arrived, and started to hit and run my gates (running back where you aren't allowed to run).

The ranger units need to learn an important lesson, once your enemy attacks you at the border they've ALREADY declared war, so no need to be scared of invading them, duh.

Another Edit: Forget what I said earlier, Leadership was a horrible skill choice for Findan, I would have been better off with War Machines or Dark Magic in that slot, or even Logistics.
Edited on Sun, Dec 25 2011, 13:36 by ShadowLiberal

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 29 Jan 2012, 19:15

I just played through this mission on Heroic with the TOTE's mod, and Biara showed up in the second half of month 2, week 1 for me, before any of teal's heroes had even attacked my border garrisons.

I panicked, realizing I hadn't visited 4 or 5 stat boosts yet, so I rushed Findan to them. When Biara got close to my town I abandoned it and fled with the week's growth in one of my heroes to Findan.

When Biara took over my town she stopped moving, just standing right outside the town. I got a new mission to retake the town within a week, so I spent 2 more days claiming the last stat boosts, and then took out Biara with Findan's army, and won the mission without needing to even retake my town.

hprwhg12
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hprwhg12 » 23 Mar 2014, 17:32

I think I may have found what causes the bug for Biara to not move. True this is only been done once but it was something significant imo.

DO NOT touch the seer hut or shrine just left and north of town. or even fight the gargoyles or zombies protecting them. Maybe even leave the raksha ranis standing on the hill above the luck pond alone too.

I will now discuss how I came to this conclusion as briefly as possible.

I chose 10 crystals. followed the walkthrough getting saw mill, hunters cabin ,and ore pit. But left seer hut and shrine alone for fear of losing troops and figured I would come back to them later.

I took my second hero along the top road heading west picking up the loose resources and followed it all the way to end and going all the way inside the green alcove just above the final border gate to see the area. I then had him return going down the middle path and kind a did a zig zag pattern with the roads and collecting resources, revealing my whole side ending up in the green alcove by the bottom right border guard in the beginnig of week 4. Also just below the defense stat protected by archers south of town there is a tiny alcove with a chest and an artifact protected by succubi, but they are not really you can step past them. I mention this because it may also be part of Biara not moving.

Back to week 1 with Findan: I farted around the town being over cautious with which battles to fight and returning to town to grab fresh troops on week 2 day 1.

I should mention now that I was aiming for getting resurrection from the mage battle building just south of town (crazyiii here is where you can get resurrection)because it offered me light magic first level up.

I then had him go straight down to attack the skeleton archers protecting the spell stat

I saved just before this battle thankfully because this is where I came back after finishing map becuase after this battle they gave me the choice of expert light and luck. Thinking Luck would not be offered again I chose it. Ha then I did not get expert light because of the surprise of biara actually attacking)

I took the spell stat fought for the attack stat. I left the monks protecting the knowledge stat alone and went to the open spell stat and went as far down as the movement fountain then returned back to town for fresh troops. I then too him to attack the imps and blood maidens guarding the gem mine to the ghosts protecting arena. followed by the inferno troops on a hill and the minotaur just below them.

BAM Teal finally attacked my second to bottom right border guard on day 3 week 4 month 1. right around the time the second hero was finishing his run. I lost the battle and teal just stayed right there at my gate. I had Findan return to town to gather as many troops I could and headed down to take back the gate. Teal with another hero then tried to attack the botttm right gate but it did not happen all he did was take one step to and one step away back from the gate going back and forth one step ata time his whole movement but the battle did not engage. A bug apperently but I was thinking okay maybe this bug will override the biara bug. I took back the gate and WOOHOO biara ran through the middle gate day 6 week 4 month 1 and headed straight for my town. I won the map but never got expert light or ressurrection. So I saved day 1 on the next map and loaded my save mentioned prior putting me back to week 2.

This time I chose expert light and thinking biara is going to come decided to start going on a killing spree starting with the zombies protecting the shrine and then following up with the gargoyles protecting seer hut. As soon as I grabbed the seer hut and saw Teals lands revealed I got a feeling that biara was not going to show up. I was right she never moved.Teal also did not attack my gate until week 1 day 2 month 2 and no other teal hero tried to attack after the first. I let a week slip by and no bugged attack on my gate by a second hero. I took back gate and biara showed up and never moved..I was pi**ed.

So i loaded back again from week 2 and this time I repeated my first run through except took expert light and got resurrection from mage battle building. but I did not get the shrine or the seer hut and left zombies and gargoyles and raksha ranis alone.

Teal attacked same gate on day 3 week 4 month 1 same as first run through but a second teal hero did not try or do the bugged thing it did before and I thought OH NO not again. So I skipped a week again to see if he would but then took back gate and poof biara came through on day 6 week 4 month 1 HOORAY!!!

So sorry for how long this is, but I needed to explain what happened. The only thing I did different with the second run through was taking shrine and seer hut and fought zombies,gargoyles, and raksha ranis. Along with my gut feeling that when I reveled teals land it was the wrong thing to to do. So maybe it will work maybe it wont but it did for me and I am greatful

Sunlover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunlover » 23 Jul 2014, 16:25

Just a side note: you don't always get Resurrection at the Mage Vault even if you have the Expert Light Magic skill; oftentimes it seems to grant Teleportation. Useful if you want to throw some Ancient Treants up close and personal against demonic hordes, but not as much as Resurrection of course. Anyways, since no one mentioned it by name to this point, thought I'd mention the other commonly granted spell.

Return to “Articles”