The Ranger → The Refugees

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 27 Jul 2006, 13:54

Just replayed this mission on patch 1.2, heroic.

I think the difficulty has been tuned up quite a bit. First up, Biara, who sieged my town on Day 6, Week 1, Month 2, is raised from lv 8 to lv 12, bringing ~4 weeks worth of inferno troops. Her stats were comparable to Findan's and she can cast not-so-powerful resurrection.

The teal heroes no longer lose to the garrison. They have no way to lose now. The best we can do is to replay the battle and try to kill as much as we can.

I still managed to visit all of the stat bonuses on the last day, while defeated a total of 2 waves of Teal heroes. When I fought off Biara, I only had about 70 master hunters left, some druid elders, 2 ancient treants and 1 silver unicorn. The inferno units kept gating beside my hunters, which was very annoying. However, I am reluctant crowd them together or Biara will cast some nasty group effect spells.
Edited on Tue, Aug 08 2006, 20:47 by maltz

Necaradan666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Necaradan666 » 06 Aug 2006, 00:07

> am I the only one?

I just think you need some more experience at recknisin the land, I always get the tear on the second dig at the most
I'd rather a bottle in front of me that a frontal lobotomy.

differ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby differ » 18 Aug 2006, 17:54

i am into month 5 and Biara never shows up. Teal is still going up and down collecting creatures.

bug?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Ranger → The Refugees

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Aug 2006, 18:22

differ wrote:i am into month 5 and Biara never shows up. Teal is still going up and down collecting creatures.

bug?
Indeed so.Restart,or cheat over,or get someones save.

differ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby differ » 19 Aug 2006, 04:01

crud...

differ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby differ » 19 Aug 2006, 16:09

played it twice again and still no Biara. re-installed HOMMV on one occasion as well.

this really is crappy. i wonder if taking the stacks from the garrissons triggers the bug?

differ
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby differ » 19 Aug 2006, 16:23

very strange, i just tried a game where i just skip every turn until month 2 and still i don't get Biara. rolled back to 1.0 and still no Biara.

how do i just cheat over and skip this mission? i'm getting frustrated at this bug...

Jolly Roger

Unread postby Jolly Roger » 28 Sep 2006, 17:23

I don't get any Biara, too, and it is month 3 already. Tried to cheat but the cheats wouldn't work. Thought to reinstall, but now I see it is no use. Please, help!

Jolly Roger

Unread postby Jolly Roger » 28 Sep 2006, 19:28

Some good news, I reinstalled the game (v1.0), skiped turned and in the beginning of month 2 i had Biara. Of course I was totaly unprepared but at least this mission is now possible to pass. Hope this works with you.

Something strange I noticed, the teal was VERY strong he attacked me tree times with a total of 5 Spectral dragons, >30 vamp lords, etc. etc. It was as if he had a Necropolis town.

Still I would be very grateful if someone can tell me how to activate the cheats (I have tried what is widely known but it wouldn't work) because I don't have much ime and I'm SICK of this stupid mission.

Webdragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Webdragon » 10 Oct 2006, 13:53

Like Jolly Roger, I'm SICK of this stupid mission to! I'm past month 12(!) and still no Biara (v. 1.3). This is indeed mission impossible :-((

UBI shoukd really get there act together and solve this problem/bug or what ever it is :-/

Great walkthrough though!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 11 Oct 2006, 02:14

Interestingly, when I check up the console, I can see the AI spawn the teal heroes and Biara, but also a lot of error script complaints -- and it still worked every time!

Slaughter1311
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Slaughter1311 » 20 Oct 2006, 21:14

using version 1.3, did NOT get attacked until the second week by orson with an army that just walked right through two garrisons in three days. is this a bug?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 20 Oct 2006, 21:41

After taking a garrison, the AI Necro hero usually stops and wait for Findan. Not sure whether what you see is a bug, but at least it is different from my 4 precvious runs of this mission.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 05 Nov 2006, 23:03

BUG: There is a blue keymaster's tent near the Hill fort which thinks it's a blue gate - when you beat its guardians and try to get the key, it gives you the 'you need the key for this' message. If it worked properly one could get at the real blue gate near 6, which appears to protect a cartographer. Anyone find a way round this? Does it matter?

EDIT: I'm advised that this is a quirk if you start the scenario before 1.3 and then download the 1.3 patch. So shouldn't be a problem for anyone now.

It's a nice scenario - another different 'feel'. You spend quite a while nervously building up and watching probing forces lurking outside, then they start to erode your defences. The penultimate one is pretty tough, and Biara more so. Don't rush battles too much - it's not hard to reach the skill cap, and you don't wan tto take losses too quickly: you want to build up big stacks to wallop the NPCs and then the enemy.

Personally I like the Undead thread of the story so it goes against the grain to be fighting them, but that's li...death.
Edited on Wed, Dec 13 2006, 16:40 by NickMP

craziii
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby craziii » 04 May 2007, 02:19

I spent 3 hours on this mission, then realized something was strange :( came here, n found out why :( I had to start over :(

edit: forgot to ask, how do I get the resurrection spell in this mission? I thought the scroll only allow the usage of the spell on that mission, the user doesn't learn it?
Edited on Thu, May 03 2007, 19:24 by craziii

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Jun 2007, 03:57

This map is retarded... and it didn't end after I beat Biara. I still have the "defeat demon army" objective still unchecked. So what the heck do I do now?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 13 Jun 2007, 05:43

It's bugged... ;|

You only have two choices:

1. Cheat past it.
2. Restart.
3. Patch it (but you would still have to restart the map, so you still only truly have two choices :)).
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Jun 2007, 14:32

Is there an "end map" cheat?
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

sunruh1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sunruh1 » 08 Aug 2007, 00:11

i'm stumped!

teal has 1 garrison. do i lose if they take a 2nd? so far with 1.41 it seems that way.

Mardon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mardon » 23 Aug 2007, 10:47

I have patch 1.4 installed and the teal never attack. I've restarted the map 3 times and I can't open the console to cheat past it as decribed in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=3862

This is very frustrating. . Is there any way out?

Return to “Articles”