Necropolis Strategy

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby Grail Quest » 31 Jul 2007, 23:21

NOOOOO! This Dark Energy model is stupid! You're presented a choice of units depending on what you kill? How are necromancers supposed to improve stacks in their field army? Say you're walking around with Wraiths and you're presented the option to get a single Wight. DUH! Sure, a wight is better than, say, a zombie. But a SINGLE Wight is NOT better than your existing stack of 100 zombie meat shields. Especially with melee creatures, fielding big stacks is more important than simply having them. The Dark Energy model disrupts this basic tactic. If you could choose from _all_ lower-level models (e.g., if you can raise Wraiths, you would also be allowed to choose Wights, Spectres, Ghosts, etcetera, all the way down to skeletons), that would be something.

Edited on Tue, Jul 31 2007, 21:57 by Grail Quest

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby Inisto » 31 Jul 2007, 23:38

I won the Necro Campaign in a week just because the Ghouls are better than everyone else.The maps can be played very easily as the AI can be fooled and missions such as ''Use Isabel to kill Talanar,usually end in a epic battle between Sylvan flies and the 600 year old customers of mc Donalds,(with the cute lil bugs usually greatly outnumbered).I think that the Inferno Campaign was harder.Especially the last three missions.And yes it took me 24 weeks to finish them...................*****************------------------damit.

Ceres
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ceres » 26 Aug 2007, 12:37

I just tried using Necropolis in Hot-seat v1.0. I use Vladimir as my main hero. But, I am having problems on how should increase his maximum mana.

Can somebody suggest the ways, please? I'm still a new to this.

epidemic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby epidemic » 28 Sep 2007, 08:39

Deidre is most powerfull hero in necro, level 20. -30% inc. -2 luck - 2 moral.

on level 3 you can get mark of necromancer ( no troubles with mana- must have against inferno).

Burrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby Burrow » 10 Jun 2008, 18:39

has anyone even mention leadership ? good? bad?

kingcomrade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby kingcomrade » 16 Mar 2009, 09:56

Wow, my guide is still here. It's really out of date now.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby Angelspit » 17 Mar 2009, 01:25

Would you feel like updating it? ;)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

clytia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

splitting stacks?

Unread postby clytia » 08 Jul 2009, 23:36

when you're offered a selection of creatures to rez with dark energy after a fight, is there some way of rezzing only a few of a stack (eg. you're offered 50 zombies, but don't have enough dark energy to rez all 50, is there some way of splitting the stack so you only rez, say 16)?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 09 Jul 2009, 14:10

Use shift and drag the stack to an empty slot; it should bring up the stack splitting window.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

clytia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby clytia » 09 Jul 2009, 23:37

hmmm... that worked to split stacks within the heroes army, but not when rezzing creatures with dark energy...

clytia
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby clytia » 09 Jul 2009, 23:41

it worked! i had to shift-drag them to an empty slot on the bar of empty creatures available to be rezzed, not an empty slot in my heroes army!

thank you :D

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 10 Jul 2009, 05:50

same deal when you use the Summon Creatures spell as well

SirOmega
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Necropolis Strategy

Unread postby SirOmega » 05 Jan 2013, 07:32

Why isn't the Vampire Prince on this list along with the Rot Zombie and all the 3rd listed units? I am sitting here trying to figure that out.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jan 2013, 15:31

Sadly, not everything on CH is updated, since we are very few people working here now. And to boot, we have lives outside of M&M ...
If you feel like you want to contribute by doing some work for us, please let us know. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Articles”