The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Sunlover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Sunlover » 13 Aug 2014, 00:52

1.6, Hard

(frowns) I'm...more than a little baffled that people in years past have *****ed about Zehir's army being weak in the final battle. Did none of you do any army swapping between heroes to bolster otherwise weak players? Zehir, by far, thanks to his Banish ability (woe to you if you didn't pick or receive this option earlier with Summoning Magic!), suffered BY FAR the least losses.

SO much so, that I transferred them to Raelag, who everyone seems to think walks on water. Raelag fights the most massive enemy armies laden with tier 7 creatures ever. And I was unfortunate enough not to get Dark Magic. Result? No Puppet Master takeover of an Arch Devil stack for me, no resurrecting of Black Dragons because...they're Black Dragons...Titans get eliminated (that I donated over from Zehir), and the last stack I have standing is half of Findan's Ancient Treants. By the time I realize I'm outnumbered, I drop Empowered Armageddon and nuke everything except 2 A.T's and 10 Arch Devils. Needless to say, they started a bonfire (see what I did there...with wood...fi...never mind) This was, by the way, the battle vs the Sovereign; not the pre-battle with taking down the Wall.

This makes about the 6th-7th attempt I've tried on this in the last 2 days; without success. Raelag, without Dark Magic, just doesn't have enough oomph to get it done. (Ironically, Findan and Godric both had Dark Magic and life was relatively easy for both of them.) Going to load up Raelag with 2/3-3/4 of everyone's Tier 7's and see if he can hold them off long enough to take out the Arch Devil stacks. And yes, I do know morale becomes a factor when mixing up many types of armies -- which isn't helping when friendly army stack turns get skipped, but...kinda out of options. :p
Edited on Tue, Aug 12 2014, 21:01 by Sunlover

Bravehome
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Bravehome » 04 Jul 2015, 21:06

Final Battle(s) fairly easy on Hard, due to following:

1. 3 of 4 heroes had Magic Resistance, with Expert Luck, made fighting Demon Sovereign simpler.

2. 2 of 4 heroes had Expert war machines, with Catapult, wall simple.

3. 3 of 4 heroes had Expert Attack, with Archery.

4. During Wall fight, held out Tier 1-5 troops.

Oooh, those glowing Isabel eyes!

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: The Mage → Zehir`s Hope

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 03 Jan 2024, 20:17

Zehir's Hope, Heroic

Findan has 128 stat points, the other three are in the '90s. Mana may be a problem for Raelag.

There's really no reason to fight the garrisons. Everyone should have Instant Travel, and nobody is getting a level. Only Raelag has a Ballista and Zehir and Findan have the Ballista Skill. Only Raelag lacks Resurrection, I considered giving him the Guardian Angels. Nobody had Dark Magic, does Puppet Master work on Summoned troops?

It was more scary than difficult. Findan was actually closest to losing. (His Unicorns got killed by standing too close to my Emeral Dragons).

I won on the first try, made numerous mistakes (even gave the ballista to the wrong hero), didn't trade any troops.

Two heroes had the Catapult skill and they got a pass on the first phase of the second battle. I wonder if everyone would have gained the Earthquake spell to hurry through that battle? The Banish skill was powerful but not as powerful as you might think from the walkthrough and some of the comments. It was hard to find time to cast Resurrection.

Here's what was left of my army.

Hero L5-L4
Godric 36-31
Findan 1-14
Zehir 38-14
Raelag 19-42

I had 764/3197 creatures left at the end.

Return to “Articles”