The True Blade → The Trials

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
confused713
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby confused713 » 26 Jun 2006, 19:43

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/220

confused713
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby confused713 » 26 Jun 2006, 19:43

I keep trying to beat up those first nasty guarding the "Sword of the Gods" but get killed each time. So before going into the battle I save the game so I can pick up there until I finally do win. I hate make work quests and standing around building an army is a make work quest.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 06 Jan 2014, 05:36

In this replay I decided to play at the top difficulty, If memory serves I played twice, once when it was new and once about three years ago and I think I played on normal the first time and expert the second.

Try as I might I could not beat the guardians of the sword. I went back and started over on expert. I made one strategic change, I replace my Life mage with an order mage instead of an order lord. (Why would I need another life mage besides Prothro?)

The size of the army guarding the sword was about 2/3 the size it was on Champion difficulty and I won easily but I think I had better thought out heroes. The disruptive power of those order spells were a big help and this time every hero had a minor in earth magic. Wasp Swarm and Quicksand are cheap level two spells that can seriously delay the opponent!

Now the game is too easy on expert!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 07 Jan 2014, 21:04

I've only played it on advanced, but I know that Expert diff. double creature amount and champion triple it, so guarding army simply match difficulty. So question is, if you can beat the last 1/3 with your new found strategy? :-) I wish you good luck..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: The True Blade → The Trials

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 03 Dec 2019, 23:48

Champion

Only 6 years later I finally tested my suggested strategy! I hired an Order Mage at the beginning of the first scenario and developed her instead of the Knight. When it came time to challenge the guardians of the Sword of the Gods I won on the first try. Mass Slow, Teleport, Mass Precision, Berserk, Blind along with an effort to get some Advance Nature for Quicksand and Wasp Swarm gave me a flawless victory! :applause:

Return to “Articles”