The Necromancer → The Lord of Heresh

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Sep 2006, 04:32

You can always give her a single peasant and follow her with a squire that will give her the troops to fight,and take them back later.

wasdqwerty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wasdqwerty » 30 Sep 2006, 09:25

is there supposed to be a cinematic of nicolai being ressurrected? i was so disappointed i dint see anything like that...i expected real cool cinematic of the ressurrection

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Sep 2006, 10:31

Youll get a cinematic in the begining of sylvan campaign.

afterthought
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby afterthought » 13 Oct 2006, 20:31

Just beat this map against a maxxed out Godric at level 24 with Markal at level 28 on 1.3 Heroic.

Markal had 100 mana and just under 30 spellpower for this level.

Attacked on day 5! And won on my first try. I had much more difficulty the first time I played this on normal, I probably waited nearly a month to attack that time.

Didn't cast a single mass dark spell, though I did win entirely because of dark magic.

For me, the Rakshasas were right next to the Titans, Mages, AND Goblins, so I Frenzied them and used them to destroy the other stacks, which they did very quickly. To speed things up, I puppet mastered the archmages just before they were about to get thier turn and had them fireball themselves (+goblins +titans). I love doing that!

After that, I earthquaked the fort to dust, had wraiths kill the genies and the archers (which I think came from Isabel), and then I put mark of the Neco on the Rakshasas (they never moved the whole fight, just spammed dash) and fed myself back to around 70 mana before the Haven troops. Similar story for them - Frenzied the footmen and archangels and then decay + confusion let me wipe out the angels slowly but surely.

Godric had 80 mana and every light/dark spell in the game for me, but he never casted dark (understandable since you are Necro) and he never casted cleansing (I was ready to load my quicksave if he did that!).

I purposefully timed my Frenzy/PM to be on units which were about to go, but even still he had many chances to cleanse. He ran out of mana about halfway through the Academy units part of the fight.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 14 Oct 2006, 06:32

Congratulations for beating Godric on day 5. Dark is a really nice skill for Godric, but unfortunately it doesn't work against Markal.

Demiurg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Demiurg » 05 Dec 2006, 15:14

First time I crept, thinking time would be on my side, as I had all resources, but Godric's army was too huge when I finally got there.

Second time I basically followed the walkthrough's rush-tip and everything went smoothly. For once it was preferably to rush the town as well, using Earthquake and a summoned Phoenix, as Godric kept using mass deflect missiles, which made my Skeleton Archers pretty useless.

Also, the Cursed Ring you can buy in the Merchant's Tent is useful, as it decreases enemy luck with -2. The first time almost all attacks from Godric's side had the benefit of luck.
Edited on Tue, Dec 05 2006, 08:15 by Demiurg

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Feb 2007, 16:18

Godric's reinforcements were a nasty surprise: for a moment I thought the campaign was over, but now I will need to restart the map. I think I'll go back to Normal for this one as my Markal could have been developed better. I'll try an early rush for fun.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 10 Aug 2007, 18:50

61 Archangels!! Are you kidding me?!

Dark Magic was absolutely essential, and Implosion came in handy too (combined with a spell power of 29...), to take down Titans and whittle down the Archangels even as they killed the 600+ footmen for me. And the Wraith -- beautiful. It's Harm Touch cleared Godric's Magical Immunity on the ArchAngels, allowing me to do it to them again.

Clear the Champions first as they can undo your Dark Magic. Keep your cannon fodder outside the city and win this one with magic.

Honestly, I can't see how anyone could possibly finish this campaign without decent amounts of Dark Magic.

The focus on magic increases insanely through this campaign. With troop losses, Isabel would be useless had she not strong magic. I sent her walking around with a single angel, and she was clearing huge stacks of griffins on her own. Yay!

Tip: Have Markal clear the stack of Champions on the north side to raise about 20+ Vampire Lords. With them on your side, you can comfortably rush without a lot of magic. After that, accumulate Wights and Wraiths. Wraiths in particular, as you need a giant stack to outlast the siege and help you keep Godric from using too much Magical Immunity.

To have won against such odds, on Heroic difficulty! WOO!

akaihane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby akaihane » 15 Feb 2008, 15:21

I beat this on week 1 day 4 with a max out godric. I lost 0 troop fighting him just sending the 19 wraith in battle. The key to this is having both dark and summon. Cast pheonix then arcane armour on your wraith and just let your pheonix kill everything while you use PM/Frenzy on them. Their troops had no chance against pheonix if you attack during the first week because their numbers are really low . 20 angels , 8 calvary , 300 foot , 100 archers etc

The only thing that can kill this strat is that you gave godric banish but who in the right mind builds a knight with summon unless you know you gonna fight someone with strong pheonix.

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 29 Jun 2009, 02:09

W4D7.Fight one good developed Godric(maxed Dark,Enlightenment, with Intelligence, Sorcery and Light with Guardian Angel).Markal was pretty much the same, with Summoning instead of Light.In 28 days I've cleared all the map including the sea.

My army: 67 Wraiths, 41 Wights, 62 Archliches, 85 VLords, 228 Ghosts, 114 Steel Golems and 31 Earth Elementals-the lucky joins doesn't matter in the end.Isabel's training really helped to increase Wights number.

Godric had : 12 Titans(plus extra 5 thanks to G Angel), 26 RRaja, 43 Djinn Sultans,63 Archmagi, 66 Steel Golems, 90 Obs Gargoyles, 244 M Gremlins

and then 131 Angels, 52 Paladins,1630 Footmen, 650 Archers.

Easier then I thought.(I've played the campaigns once in 2007 1.0 normal), even on Heroic(1.6).I had 270 mana - with Mark of Necromancer and Ring of Sar Issus(always found on SE island) as bonuses,Godric had no chance with only 135 mana.

First rounds- Frenzy/Deflect Missile(AI seems obsessed with this) and Cleansing.Then Raise Dead, Lightning Bolt/Resurrection.When the last Titan fell, Godric had exactly 0 mana and I summoned Phoenix and send it to pay some respects to his archers.Frenzy again and then Puppet master for a free-for all-to-hit stack of Angels along with Decay to speed things up a little.Lost 8 golems and 9 Wraiths I forgot to raise.

Actually on Heroic ,except for getting the wanted skills, maps 2-4 in The Cultist were most challenging(first 1-2 weeks,that is).

Well, let's see The Warlock....
Edited on Sun, Jun 28 2009, 22:12 by Peredhil
Hard work is good for soul,but ale is better.

ylayarocks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ylayarocks » 25 Jul 2009, 02:50

i never able to beat godric. My markal is lvl 29(dark, destructive, war machine, leadership, logistic, and i forgot the last one. All expert). I have 32wights (the joining darkraider), 7wraiths, and etc. Godris has 12 titans n 63archmages etc. How do i start the strategy? Everytime my markal's turn came, i got confused witth what to do. How long should i wait until i go 4 godric? Please help. Thanks. Oh,btw, i play on heroic.

ylayarocks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ylayarocks » 25 Jul 2009, 02:54

and my isabel doesnt have training skill. She's only lvl 24 too. Please dont tell me i have to restart the whole campaign... And i dont have summoning magic too...*tears..

ylayarocks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ylayarocks » 25 Jul 2009, 03:05

and my isabel doesnt have training skill. She's only lvl 24 too. Please dont tell me i have to restart the whole campaign... And i dont have summoning magic too...*tears..

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 26 Jul 2009, 08:35

@ylayarocks

The real problem is Haven army;if the Academy one looks scary to you.....

Depending how well you developed Godric, this may work:Mark of the Necromancer on the target that will receive most damage;Dark magic to control the crowd,destructive to thin the herd.Assuming you do have Puppet master/Frenzy.raise what you can ,your troops should just defend(place units to protect each other-but beware the fireball from magi).Your damage output will be done by ballista -that is why you picked war machines for,right?,some destructive magic and frenzied/ puppeted stacks;in any circumstances do not attack with wights a powerful stack,they are too precious to swallow a retaliation blow;

You might want to get Ring of Sar-Issus-50% less mana for spells;it's on the island in SE;don't be late,Haven army is growing really fast;

Also read the other posts here,,really helps.

And,the sixth you forgot of is Markal's backbone-necromancy ;)
Edited on Sun, Jul 26 2009, 04:37 by Peredhil

ylayarocks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ylayarocks » 30 Jul 2009, 07:42

@peredhil: yea u r rite. But it pissed me off. Forget it, i'll rebuild markal. And now i'm playing the haven campaign,currently on the last mission where i punish godric by preventing him from having useful combat skills,i do that coz i hate him so much on the last mission of markal's. And i build isabel so well(the last time i built her, i've missed much stat points for her, ..) and she done all the clearing. I allow godric to fight the last enemy hero after isabel cleaned the garrison leading to nicolai ;) and oh, now i know why in the walkthrough of the fall of the king mission said 'though later on,he (godric) will give u headache' lol. Thanks peredhil :D

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 30 Jul 2009, 20:12

As a matter of fact it would be wise to develop Godric as good as you can.You'll fight him in 1 map, but you will use him in another 4,including for fighting 2 bosses at least.Considering,you need a tough hero.Just build Markal good too ,AI don't use a good hero at full potential.

ylayarocks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ylayarocks » 01 Aug 2009, 08:37

friends, how do i upgrade the patch? I currently have v1.0 , coz seems the game would b easier according to the walkthroughs and some comments i read here. Thanks. @peredhil:really? Then what should i do? I mean i built markal and godric so well and regret it when godric must fight markal :( with what i have now, what can i do? Or should i build markal to get the skill u mentioned for markal?and is that necro bone skill u mentioned really that important?frankly i really wish i can continue with what i have now (those i've told u below). But i couldnt beat godric, (thanks to my care for all of my heroes under my control) *sigh...

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 01 Aug 2009, 09:23

Just build both the best.You'll fight Godric with Markal in C3M5 and you'll fight Markal using Godric(and other two heroes) in C6M3.Very funny.

Mark of the Necromancers is crucial(Spirit Link I guess in earlier patches).You'll get almost infinite mana with judicious cast in combat.

Anyways,patching the game means that you might be forced to restart the campaigns(or at least some maps...I'm not sure about saves).

Well then.You can find the patches here:

https://www.celestialheavens.com/707

1.0-1.4-1.41-1.5-1.6

It's worth it,I've played 1.0 normal two years ago and there is quite a difference.

evadof44
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby evadof44 » 25 Oct 2009, 11:51

i never got to fight the angels so never got the wings is there away to still a way to fight godric

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 18 Jul 2010, 12:54

I fought against a maxed Godric,with very good skills:Retribution,Light and Dark with all spells,and high attack and defense(~25 for both).

First time,I took my time until Month 2 Week 2 or 3(picking all statboosts and whatnot) and went in with a mediocre force:8 Bone dragons,35 wraiths,100 VLs,50 liches(unupgraded),200 spectres,400 zombies and 1.5k skelly archers.Whenever I summoned a Phoenix he PMd it,and I couldn't make his Rajas slay his 15 Titans before he cast Magical Immunity on them,as the closest target was the stack was Steel Golems,and I couldn't have PMd them fast enough to kill the stack,and then only the melee-weak Archmagi could be driven against the Titans,so the titans killed everything in conjuction with the Rajas and everything left.

Second time,I accumulated a very big army,about 35 bone dragons,65 wraiths,100+ archliches,200 VLs,400 spectres,600 plague zombies,2.5 skelly archers.This time frenzied Rajas killed Golems,then rolled eagle and rainbow against the Titans,whick killed them on spot.Then I frenzied Djinn Sultans,which killed Gremlins and died from a lucky Raja retaliation.Then I frenzied Rajas,which killed Archmagi and rushed to the gates,then I PMd them to come forward to be pounded.

Second phase was easy,the 45 frenzied angels killed everything else,then came out via PM.Game over for Godric,and I still had leftovers.

Return to “Articles”