The Necromancer → The Invasion

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
joeldubuc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joeldubuc » 16 Jun 2006, 20:00

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/553

joeldubuc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joeldubuc » 16 Jun 2006, 20:00

I built the troop buildings in the Haven town and then converted the creatures to undead with the special building in the Necro town, that way I was able to gather a large army faster! Money was never a problem for that map.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 17 Jun 2006, 00:15

Hmm, how do i curse those mage towns? i have the staff, i already control three mage towns, but i visit them with the staff and nothing happens...

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 17 Jun 2006, 02:32

After leaving the town screen, it should ask if you want to cover the town for 10,000 gold. Make sure the staff is equipped just in case and then.. I don't know, if it still doesn't work you might have a bug and need a restart.
~ Rapier.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Jun 2006, 08:29

You also need to have those 10000 gold to get the question. If you have less than 10000 gold you won't get any message at all.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

tpicciani
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tpicciani » 26 Jun 2006, 15:39

Had an awful time with this one. What worked? Used haven town just for funds. Also upgraded creature habitats to get basics like archers and griffins. Converted them once Lorekeep was ready. Didn't spend any more money there. Sent Markal to nw town first so I could grab the 300+ skel. archers over there. Then I took the left town. Once I had the left town I pulled back and went to the eastern town and took it out. Generated one mage hero for the west town and 2 undead heroes to ferry creatures to Markal. I let him do the fighting to generate more undead. I kept Isabel near Markal so he could defend her. Green always want to go after her. Finally just kept Markal near the portal to zap any orange coming through.
Edited on Mon, Jun 26 2006, 09:43 by tpicciani

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jun 2006, 20:01

Due to a bug,Ive skipped this mission.Found out just when I ended the campaign.Is it worth playing since I hate leaving things unfinished?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jun 2006, 22:34

It's an OK map. It's got a couple of rather cool effects, so I would say that if you feel that way, you should go ahead and play it.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 26 Jun 2006, 22:52

DaemianLucifer wrote:Due to a bug,Ive skipped this mission.Found out just when I ended the campaign.Is it worth playing since I hate leaving things unfinished?
On its own merits, it's a large map the pits a necromancer and a knight against a bunch of wizards and a large army of elves, which is fun enough.

But it's the first evidence of not only being able to convert towns, but to link it to an artifact, that really impressed me on the map.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jun 2006, 23:30

Bandobras Took wrote:But it's the first evidence of not only being able to convert towns, but to link it to an artifact, that really impressed me on the map.
Well, if you can convert towns in the first place, linking it to a specific artifact is child's play.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 03 Jul 2006, 16:42

The biggest problems (on Normal) were a powerful Academy hero that came a few days after I captured Ziyad (I rushed to it, not even bothering to collect undead between Newpost and Lorekeep), and an insanely built Sylvan hero after I finished off the Academy hero (which took several tries, but in the last one, I lost virtually nothing).

The Sylvan hero was "insanely built" in the sense that he had 1 attack and 12 defense, and while his army didn't look like much (200 blade dancers, 100 master hunters, 50 elder druids and 15 silver unicorns), the blade dancers proved really tough to my troops and shredded them to pieces. It took me several tries as well, and in the end, I concentrated on putting down the shooters with my vampires while my skeleton archers and liches were running away from the blade dancers and Markal was feeding them with ice bolts. I survived... barely. However, there were plenty of undead stacks still left around Ziyad, including spectral dragons and vampire lords, so I fought all the following battles in quick combat mode.

I also had to replay about a week because, after building up Newpost, I brought all the Haven troops to Lorekeep and transformed them, and then an Academy hero landed and defeated Isabel (who remained on the island all the time). The next time, I kept these troops with Isabel and defeated him with quick combat.
Edited on Mon, Jul 03 2006, 10:45 by Sikon

daniellyt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby daniellyt » 11 Jul 2006, 16:40

i think there is a bug. After i attack Ziyad i did not get the Staff of Netherworld.....

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 01 Aug 2006, 03:32

Just played this mission on patch 1.2 on heroic. The AIs are more active than before. Two heroes were particularly well-manned and proofed to be quite a challenge early on. Great!

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 18 Aug 2006, 14:06

Interesting map. I mopped up the home island, then went east to the SE town, then N to the central town, then crossed the river to the NW, leaving Isabel to wander round doing minor stuff - whereupon the spawning ambush pounced on her and killed her (end of game). Reloading and trying again, I found that if Markal goes south to recapture towns (yes, Orange counterattacks aggressively on Hard, and *will* take your original island), the northwestern town will send forces across to chase Isabel. key points: (1) keep Markal and Isabel close so he can guard her and (2) remember the objectives do not include holding every town. In the end I let Orange conquer the southern island and reconquer the southern town (after I'd cursed it) and concentrated on the final assault.

The map is a shade bigger than it needs to be - you probably don't need to bother with every bit (I skipped the Inferno neutrals in the far NW), but it's not a bad scenario and nice to see the AI full of fight.

Gnawkz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gnawkz » 28 Aug 2006, 22:08

I played this map on hard, and took the SE Town first, Orange becomes insanly difficult to beat. After taking the SE town from Orange, their hero appears summons everything from the town behind all the garrisons and then attacks me. So, that is the last town.

Instead, I rushed the NW town first and from there the North Town and then finally the SE town. Took me 3 weeks to finish off all of Orange's presence outside of the garrisons. Roamed around the map until I hit level cap then took out the last town.

If rushed fast enough all of Orange's power heros (LVL 20) should have a few Djinns as their strongest creature. Couldnt rush the last town because both of them Armagedden and killed themselves

Gnawkz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gnawkz » 28 Aug 2006, 22:11

One side note that was left out. If the NW Town is taken first, nothing happens.

Any other towns that are taken results in green being spawned and orange getting crazy.

wasdqwerty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wasdqwerty » 07 Sep 2006, 08:38

I need help! I spent so much time building up an uber army to invade the orange area but an orange hero loaded with swarms of creatures decimate my hero in a few moments. How do I overcome this?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 08 Sep 2006, 14:54

By not spending so much time building up an "über" army. Teal has 5 towns, you have 2. Until you've captured 3 of his, he'll be gaining power faster than you.

wasdqwerty
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby wasdqwerty » 09 Sep 2006, 02:01

Any tips on how to conduct a rush? Should I stop over at islands to gain more forces, pickup mines, etc. or should i just rush straight over to the mainland? What is the time frame for me to rush? by the 2nd month? Also, wad would be an effective way to defend my small island from green? the forces on the island cant defend me from the swarms of green creatures. thnx in advance
Edited on Fri, Sep 08 2006, 21:20 by wasdqwerty

jomac
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jomac » 18 Sep 2006, 19:38

I'm stumped. I own just about everything on the map. I have the dragons, but I see no other heros and I can't find the artifacts I need to enter. Do I really need to start over?

Return to “Articles”