The Cultist → The Conquest

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 25 Jun 2006, 15:29

Yea it's a funny game. I've just defeated 31 Rakshasa Rajas without losses and now comes some sprites and I gotta skip them? :(

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Cultist → The Conquest

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jun 2006, 15:33

csarmi wrote:Yea it's a funny game. I've just defeated 31 Rakshasa Rajas without losses and now comes some sprites and I gotta skip them? :(
Well its called balancing the tiers.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 25 Jun 2006, 16:06

No it's called "casters are unbalanced". And large creatures too.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 25 Jun 2006, 17:22

hm where are the earth elementals?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Jun 2006, 17:56

It's even called "small stacks of casters are unbalanced". Can you imagine the slaughter that would ensue if the damage of casters creatures were linear and took off at what 1 creature does 8| ?

The Earth elemetnals is just beyond the hill fort. Follow the road located north of the first sylvan town to the west.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 25 Jun 2006, 19:14

Yea I found the earth elementals, didn't see hill fort though. I'm hoping to capture one more town in time.

The earth elemental fight is very easy, actually it can be done with as few as 2*1 pit fiends and 5*3 imps. The hero can shoot them in time. Succubi are helpful, but they aren't really necessary, and hell hounds aren't either. So that makes me think those should probably be left home with the secondary hero to do some clearing behind... because this way I leave out the mines and such.

I scrapped the Rakshasa fight though (only did it for fun, took an hour)... and the vampires can be avoided too not that they are too hard. The magic spring is not needed. I am still not sure I will reach some second castle in time.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 25 Jun 2006, 21:35

Earth Elementals are pitiful in general.
Edited on Sun, Jun 25 2006, 15:35 by Omega_Destroyer
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Jun 2006, 22:12

csarmi wrote:The earth elemental fight is very easy, actually it can be done with as few as 2*1 pit fiends and 5*3 imps. The hero can shoot them in time. Succubi are helpful, but they aren't really necessary, and hell hounds aren't either. So that makes me think those should probably be left home with the secondary hero to do some clearing behind... because this way I leave out the mines and such.
How many Earth Elementals was there? Just curious if they changed with the patch. I had enough of them that I really needed the succubi. Hell hounds could probably have been left, but well, the map stopped being challenging after cpaturing the second town anyway (I'm too lazy to play at my limit once it's clear that there won't be anything left to do but to go around and max out the heroes).
I scrapped the Rakshasa fight though (only did it for fun, took an hour)...
You have odd ideas of what's fun ;) Though I don't remeber any Rakshasas.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jun 2006, 00:42

Gaidal Cain wrote: You have odd ideas of what's fun ;) Though I don't remeber any Rakshasas.
They were guarding a tent(I think)northeast of the first sylvan town,near the windmill.

Lucy Curtis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lucy Curtis » 26 Jun 2006, 03:10

How do you get to the druids? I can't seem to access them? Also is this something I need to do early on to stop Gilraen building forces or is it entirely independent?

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 26 Jun 2006, 07:08

As I told you, I play pre-patch. There were 63 earth elementals divided into 3 groups. I blocked them with imp stacks (real ones, summoned ones and cloned ones) and cast mass slow on the elementals. My 4 pit fiends were enough to take all their defense down to 1 and cast 2 fireballs. Now since my hero kills 3/hit and acts 10:3 times more than the elementals, he shoots them down faster than my fodders run out.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jun 2006, 08:48

OK. I had a similar amount. Though why you reduced your defense when you were only going to hit them with Agrael is beyond me. Hero damage isn't modified by defense of targeted creatures.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 26 Jun 2006, 09:03

Cause I actually used other troops as well (I just realized I could do it with my hero only). Besides, what else to do with the Pit Fiends :)

Plus the ballista is affected :P
Edited on Mon, Jun 26 2006, 04:14 by csarmi

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jun 2006, 19:59

If you added succubi this would even end faster,espceially if they have 1 defense.

Btw,did anyone do the calculation for chain shot?Does it do more damage if the targeted creature is in range,even if the others arent?

aikidoaasa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aikidoaasa » 26 Jun 2006, 23:08

Argh! Is there anyway to succed with the chapter when you "accidentaly" kill Gilraen before taking the town where you get to know that you have to kill him?

I've stuck. Everything else is cleared but I can't continue. >_

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Jun 2006, 23:26

I suggest you apply the patch and restart. It's a lot easier with the patch installed.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 27 Jun 2006, 08:40

Should I restart as well? I think not :)

It's week 2 day 1, 1st Sylvan spawned. Yes they are annoying, closed one of my heroes into the valley of the goldmine (below the NW castle). I captured the towns on day 3 and day 7 and killed some green heroes around, there's one annoying called Anwen left though...

On the southern front I killed the steel golems and the conscripts with my hell hounds (hit and run) and now trying to get my way back home.

Both elf castles are built up until hunter.

What do they mean by all dwellings producing twice the amount? They produced normal.

I hate stupid Sylvan heroes... She has 3 druid elders, 9(!) sprites, 10 hunters and some 35 blade dancers. And there's just no way to come out of that fight normally. 1 druid elder does 32 damage, 1 sprites does 12. Stupid! Plus ther ******* hero does like 35 too. I sure lose my pit fiends if I put them into the fight... or my succubi.

I won the fight losing a few sprites, imps and several war dancers.
Edited on Tue, Jun 27 2006, 07:54 by csarmi

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 27 Jun 2006, 15:51

Yes,casters are annoying.Especially those damn sprites.But at least you didnt have this.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 28 Jun 2006, 04:23

Hm I found some Magi and thought "wtf I try it for once, what could happen". There were 8+9 magi and 8+9 archmagi. After their first turn my whole army was gone.

madcat_lives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby madcat_lives » 10 Jul 2006, 12:11

I keep getting 2 of his guys on me same day, 1st guy weakens me then he comes in for eazy win. When I had patch on my game would crash and it took for ever to uninstall the game.

He has 170 hunter and 30 Druids. with 20 my tree guy, that is all he needs to wins. I let the comptuer kill the flaming H*** of death for me so when they got to me they were so weak.
Let them think they are winning, when they find out they are losing, its too late.

Return to “Articles”