The Cultist → The Conquest

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 10:48

What's so good about Pit Fiends? I find them completely useless. They are slow, their damage sux. Is there something I don't know?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Cultist → The Conquest

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jun 2006, 11:42

csarmi wrote:What's so good about Pit Fiends? I find them completely useless. They are slow, their damage sux. Is there something I don't know?
Whats so good about them?Well Im not so sure,but it might be that they cast fireballs with a very decent damage,and have loads of HP,as opposed to other casters.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 12:36

Yea but that fireball has too low damage to be helpful. At least for me on map 1/2, since I used mass gating tactics.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 24 Jun 2006, 12:48

Pit Fiends are tough and are useful to steal retaliation... but I'd still take the Nightmares or Overseers if I played that mission again.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Jun 2006, 13:31

csarmi wrote:What's so good about Pit Fiends? I find them completely useless. They are slow, their damage sux. Is there something I don't know?
Vulnerability. It's a good aid when you're fighting the Earth Elementals with noting but what has survived of your starting troops to reach the second sylvan town before green can get week 2's recuits from it.

I'm replaying the map now, and it has changed quite a bit with the patch- Gilraen seems to be stationary, and the Druids are a secondary quest. I'll have to reload from a late save now since I didn't max out Agrael before going for Gilraen.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jun 2006, 15:42

Gaidal Cain wrote:I'm replaying the map now, and it has changed quite a bit with the patch- Gilraen seems to be stationary, and the Druids are a secondary quest. I'll have to reload from a late save now since I didn't max out Agrael before going for Gilraen.
The one of the very few maps with real chalange,and they decided to make it non-chalanging like the rest? :( :disagree:

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 20:13

I'm playing before the patch. It seems to me I can just walk over the map.

Pit Fiends are good, they help me do some fights without losses. (for example sprites)

I took the 1st Sylvan town on day 3, now I plan to clear the whole surrounding area week 1 and build up for hunters. With hunters and succubi I should be able to take out any large monsters (like phoenixes), even though I don't have leadership (and I won't have it at all.

I still have no good strategies against caster/shooters such as magi or druids. If anyone finds one that works, let me know. (I mean without losses) I don't have imperial griffins now :(

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 20:15

"Vulnerability. It's a good aid when you're fighting the Earth Elementals with noting but what has survived of your starting troops to reach the second sylvan town before green can get week 2's recuits from it."

What you mean by remaining. I didn't lose anything on this map so far, except for the 1st fight when I lost some 30 familiars against Gilraen.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jun 2006, 20:18

csarmi wrote:
What you mean by remaining. I didn't lose anything on this map so far, except for the 1st fight when I lost some 30 familiars against Gilraen.
What dificulty was this on?And you got very lucky then,since I lost one find as well(damn druids!)

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 20:21

btw, can someone tell me what determines whether you can gate with a fodder or not (I mean can I always gate with 1 imp? 1 pit fiend? 2 imps? 3 imps? 4 imps?)

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 20:21

Heroic.

I fought Gilraen with imps and demons only.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 20:27

Thinking back, 30 familiars aren't small losses though. Those little guys hit hard! I probably could have done that fight much better or let them kill my hell hounds instead. I dunno.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jun 2006, 20:48

csarmi wrote:btw, can someone tell me what determines whether you can gate with a fodder or not (I mean can I always gate with 1 imp? 1 pit fiend? 2 imps? 3 imps? 4 imps?)
It depends.In the case of gating imps giving you 20% of the stack,gating 1 imp has 20% of working(I think.Ive tried it just with pit fiends).

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 20:57

aha

so I need 3 imps on expert

shall i go northeast or northwest?

hm I gotta find out whether the phoenixes or the earth elementals are the easier

the phoenixes look just great with mass slow, gating and lots of fodders

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 24 Jun 2006, 21:01

csarmi wrote:aha

so I need 3 imps on expert

shall i go northeast or northwest?

hm I gotta find out whether the phoenixes or the earth elementals are the easier

the phoenixes look just great with mass slow, gating and lots of fodders
Dont forget that the phoenix can cross the whole map and will act before your hero.Plus the rebirth is 100%

Btw,do the spells stay on the phoenix after they rebirth?

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 24 Jun 2006, 21:11

So what if they can cross the whole map. It's pretty easy to shield your important units in the tactic phase by fodders.

But I'm afraid I cannot take them out week 1 without hunters. Gotta go with earth elementals. Pixies should be enough to take them out.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Jun 2006, 22:00

csarmi wrote:What you mean by remaining. I didn't lose anything on this map so far, except for the 1st fight when I lost some 30 familiars against Gilraen.
That's what I meant. I lost one of the fiends since Gilraen got to shoot before Agrael could get a chance to use Phantom Forces.

The best path to take is probably going east of your castle, but west of the road- should only be stuff that's easily beaten without losses there, and the Magic Spring will ensure mana isn't a problem. Then go west towards Earth Elementals. If one has Mass Slow (which one should have. Dark Magic is the only useful school for Demon Lords, since their Spell Power sucks), they're easy, especially with Phantom Forces (first Succubi, then whichever of imps and cerberi are strongest). An Ammo Cart will also be a huge aid here.

If playing with the patch, one should first explore the eastern road to find the +1 Spell Power object there, which Agrael probably is in dire need of (he only had 2 Spell Power at that point for me). Then one can capture the southern green town on day 1 week 2 (this is good since there won't be any of the annoying spawns around. Sprites means losses.), and reach the western town on day 1 week 3, with some time to spare if one wishes to hunt down green heroes. After this point, the map should be a cakewalk.

csarmi
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby csarmi » 25 Jun 2006, 06:17

Ah, so you can get Gilraen to shoot the Phantom forces instead of the pit fiends? Interesting. I didn't dare to take them into the fight. Yes, earth elementals should be an easy fight. I hope 2 towns by week 2 will be enough for victory.

Sprites mean losses? Why, how much spawns? Because I can defeat quite a few with 2*1 pit fiends without losing anything.
Edited on Sun, Jun 25 2006, 00:23 by csarmi

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Jun 2006, 09:59

csarmi wrote:Sprites mean losses? Why, how much spawns? Because I can defeat quite a few with 2*1 pit fiends without losing anything.
Well, on heroic after the patch, in the second spawn wave there were hundreds of them, which would be enough to kill at least one of those fiends. Of course, by then the Second Sylvan town should be secured and Inferno starting troops possibly replaced by Sylvan troops.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Jun 2006, 10:02

csarmi wrote:Ah, so you can get Gilraen to shoot the Phantom forces instead of the pit fiends? Interesting. I didn't dare to take them into the fight. Yes, earth elementals should be an easy fight. I hope 2 towns by week 2 will be enough for victory.

Sprites mean losses? Why, how much spawns? Because I can defeat quite a few with 2*1 pit fiends without losing anything.
AI will always(well,not always but in 90% of the cases)attack phantom forces frst.

And each stack of sprites will deal you some 40-70 damage because they act first and cast the damn wasp swarm.

Return to “Articles”