Biggles Review

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
grimogre
Peasant
Peasant

Biggles Review

Unread postby grimogre » 10 Jun 2006, 09:29

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/549

grimogre
Peasant
Peasant

Biggles Review

Unread postby grimogre » 10 Jun 2006, 09:29

I agree.It still needs a random map maker and the ability to create your own maps.I give the review an A.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Biggles Review

Unread postby Ethric » 10 Jun 2006, 10:48

"a similar (but extended) magic system to that of previous Heroes incarnations"

Extended isn't really the word I'd choose.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Biggles Review

Unread postby reynaert » 10 Jun 2006, 11:19

Since I have the tendency to side on the homm4-side of the game, I don't think the game provides enough depth. The magic system is an upgrade of homm3, sure, but I feel like 'you've seen it' rather quickly.
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Biggles Review

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 10 Jun 2006, 11:40

I'm glad they made it heroes of might AND magic - the segregation between the two "Schools" in previous games was annoying at times.

Good review

zdavek
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Biggles Review

Unread postby zdavek » 10 Jun 2006, 16:13

You're right, it's not Heroes III#2. It's Heroes III#1.9 with much improved graphics, slightly improved magic/skills, an annoying interface and decreased single-player gameplay. The only reason I don't consider multi-player gameplay decreased is because of ghost-mode. There is NOTHING from H4 in it, even the good stuff. Until it's patched and several things added I'd only rate it a 5/10 mostly because the interface/gameplay is so poor.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Biggles Review

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jun 2006, 16:47

zdavek wrote:There is NOTHING from H4 in it, even the good stuff.
Actually there is:Heroes can live without towns,and two more features(I forgot now which ones).But basically,not one good feature came from HIV.

Biggles Final Flight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Biggles Review

Unread postby Biggles Final Flight » 10 Jun 2006, 17:52

Actually - the skill system is derived in part from HOMMIV (which was what I was referring to).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Biggles Review

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Jun 2006, 18:05

Biggles Final Flight wrote:Actually - the skill system is derived in part from HOMMIV (which was what I was referring to).
I think that because of the rule,its much more safer for nival to say that its original and that they though of it on their own,then to say that they derived it partially from HIV.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Biggles Review

Unread postby soupnazii » 10 Jun 2006, 18:55

"This is what the HOMM series is really about: not a glorified, turn-based fantasy Command and Conquer. Not charging around the feral countryside with a generic, cookie-cutter unit made distinguishable only by a portrait and a few lines of biography. It’s about charging around the feral countryside with a unique Hero with a distinct role within your empire and approach to the combat and adventure phases."

i never thought of it before, but after reading that paragraph i really begin to appreciate the fact that at least campaign heroes have unique looks on the advernture map. people were complaining that Agrael is based on a Dungeon hero. so what? Isabel and Godric are based on Haven heroes. and even so, be thankful that they dont look like plain heroes like in previous games. And now with the new skill system, a hero that you carry through the entire campaign really is completely unique by the last mission, with his/her own advantages/disadvatages. i only hope that this will carry over to Heroes of Might and Magic VI, where every single hero will have a distinct look on the adventure map as well as the battle field, and an even wider range of unique skills to choose from.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Biggles Review

Unread postby Akul » 10 Jun 2006, 21:04

I agree with ethric. H4 had the best magic system in the series.

At least the skill system is better.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Biggles Review

Unread postby reynaert » 11 Jun 2006, 07:22

if this is a split, why is it still standing here?
I have probably offended you in this post. if you take it too harshly, it's your own responsability. I, for my part, never intended to.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 11 Jun 2006, 08:39

Huh? If you're referring to the Agrael thread, I simply moved the posts that dealth with Agrael to it's own thread while leaving this one intact.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Biggles Review

Unread postby reynaert » 11 Jun 2006, 10:45

yes, but they're still here in the 'comments' section on the main site.

https://www.celestialheavens.com/549

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jun 2006, 11:19

Thats interesting.Shouldnt these two sites update each other?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 11 Jun 2006, 14:26

They should, but doesn't. Hopefully that'll be rectified soon(TM).
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Zombie_Inc
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Zombie_Inc » 11 Jun 2006, 14:59

"a similar (but extended) magic system to that of previous Heroes incarnations"

Are you kidding me? Two spells per level per school (Exept for summoning...)?! this is rediculous!! I think there should be at least twice as many spells. Even if some of them aren't very useful, it stills adds a bit of luck to the game. For instance, finding that one city with Town Portal or Fly, that give you a great advantage...

jmiddle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Biggles Review

Unread postby jmiddle » 11 Jun 2006, 15:23

Heroes IV is my favorite. It has the caravan system to avoid pointless time picking up creatures, armies can go forth without heroes to pick up resources and to attack/defend, and there was no upgrading of creatures. To me, Heroes V is a spruced up Heroes III which is a waste of time and money. Heroes V should be an upgrade of IV, not III.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Biggles Review

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 11 Jun 2006, 16:23

I have to agree that there should be way more spells in HV then there are currently. What does the cover of the game say? "More than 40 spells" or something like that? HV only gives you 3 spells for the first three spell circles, two for the fourth, and one for the fifth, and 3 for the adventure map spells.(which are always the same - summon creature, vessel of shalassa, and instant travel) One level 5 mage guild and you have 1/3 of all the spells in the game.

While I would also like to see some great H4 features in the game, I miss the interface more than anything. That is one thing all the previous games had in common, the adventure screen on the left, and the user interface on the right. It is kinda strange to my eyes because all the stuff is on the bottom now...
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

reynaert
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby reynaert » 11 Jun 2006, 17:59

so, the page going updated soon or do poor people stumble upon agreal spoilers in the review of a newbie-friendly review?

Return to “Articles”