The Necromancer → The Attack

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
kaveh11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kaveh11 » 12 Dec 2010, 06:16

i attacked the gate beisde Lorekeep with 1000 skele, lost 200 skele, but raised 2200 skele in return whic was sweet.

got the lorekeep with almost no man***

vulcanus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vulcanus » 08 Jan 2011, 12:32

Thanks a lot.i was stuck on this map for 3 days now.the only chalenge was the final battle,it was so tough i only had 2VLords left.
Edited on Sat, Jan 08 2011, 07:34 by vulcanus

helmo1977
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby helmo1977 » 10 Nov 2011, 10:17

Just a comment, because I guess the last pacthes have changed GOdric in this mission. We don´t get the (probably) powerful Godric we built (if you did it) in campaign ONE. Here we get a 10th level guy with good skills, but still level 10th. So, no more using Godric to swept the floor with enemy heroes.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 04 Dec 2011, 12:44

Wow,the final Orange siege is to ugh,mainly because I didn't muster Angels fast enough.Haven troops can't be converted to Necro,so give up on incorporating Vampire Lords or Skeleton Archers or even Liches in your army.Though,Inquisitors are likely going to be the only stack standing at the end of the fight,and Imperial Griffins are going to be the ones killing their Archmages.Peasants are useless usually,but they can get a scratch here or there,are good to soak some weak attacks and if you replace them with Skellies,you lose morale.

The starting lineups in the siege were:

Godric-17 AA,36 Paladins,61 Inquisitors,95 IG,160 Squires,~200 Marksmen,250 Conscripts vs Nur-31(!) Titans,63 Rakshasa,127 Djinn Sultan,142 Archmages,344 Steel Golems,~300 Gargoyles,~720 Master Gremlins.

I was in a horrible position:my town didn't have PM or Frenzy so Markal was out,but not Resurrection either(Godric only had Light Magic,and no Res from C1M5).I had Godric quite messed up,with Logistics and Sorcery,but also had all the mass light spells,and with Luck as well.I may have not had Dark or Res,but I had Death March.The Griffins Dive the Archmages,Archangels rush Titans at once,and with Luck half their stack was wiped out.Paladins,Conscripts and Squires move at the door.Godric opens with Mass Haste,then Righteous Might etc.However,after Haste I used Teleport on my Paladins(after gargoyles attacked them and got killed in a lucky retal) so they could attack the Titans.Nevertheless the Titans were only 7 in number after,after the next Mass Spell I teleported my Squires in.When the Griffins land,you can hopefully get another Battle dive and with some Inquisitor/Marksman fire,they're out.Squires get in their place and attack the Golems,in a lucky strike and in a retal they're gone(My Paladin,Archangel and Conscript stacks were out,enrage ftw).Then,after yet another mass spell,I ported my remaining Marksmen in to finish the Titans.Attakc the Raja stack with your Squires,due to Endurance you shouldn't lose more than 30 on the retal.Most likely the Djinns have gone for the Catapult,strike them with your shooters after they've attacked the Archmagi,and the computer should start to Raise them like hell-sufficienmt to say a lucky Inquisitor strike will kill them.Once my squires were under 70-80 in number I teleported my Inquisitors in,and they made short work of the Raja and Gremlin stacks with some lucky strikes.Only ~40 Inquisitors survived the battle,but it was won,yep? ;)

Tip:I didn't mention about the small things,like the horribly weak outside-the-castle Marksman attacks or the eventual Conscript attacks/Inquisitor buffs.But keep in mind the enemy is set on Cleansing your Squires(usually)/Marksmen/Inquisitors(if she is on a nasty turn) or just Raise Dead the Djinn Sultans,which is good because after 5 raises they're at 1 hp,so even a rare Godric destructive spell can wipe out their stack.(I used Lightning bolt for this.)However,even 4 Archangels,8 Paladins 12 inquisitors and 10 IG can make a huge difference,minus those troops my best result was loss and 27 Raja left.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 25 Apr 2012, 23:05

Thanks Helmo1977

I thought I was seeing things when I saw Markal paired with a level 10 Godric. WTF happened, I was wondering.

On one hand, that's the right thing to do. I had leveled Godric to level 20 in C1M5, meaning he could sweep this map if not nerfed. But now I'm worried that I have to re-level Godric. I mean, which Godric is going to carry over to the final campaign - the Godric you build up on this map, or the GOdric you built in C1m5?

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 07 May 2012, 14:32

What a headache on heroic.

Attacked on Day 10; enemy was level 15 with chain lightning and a larger army. Both my heroes were 11 (max would have been about level 12 since on 1.60 your Godric starts out as level 10 and Markal carried over at level 10).

I didn't get Blue Camel's experience . I never went near the shore (no time to hang around on heroic). Neither had I attacked and exposed either collosus or spell wheel north of town.

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 30 May 2012, 07:51

Godric isn't nerfed at all.If you maxed him at lv 24 in C1M5 he will be at lv 10,but with all primary and secundary skills from C1(probably 2 extra stat points gained while hunting Agrael in C2M1,too).So,he is lv 24 de facto.Enjoy sweeping the map with both heroes(Markal +MoN + ghosts + summonings-maybe some dark magic learned from Godric and scholar if you have planned in advance the game- is just as powerful)
Edited on Wed, May 30 2012, 03:51 by Peredhil
Hard work is good for soul,but ale is better.

stachnie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stachnie » 06 Jul 2014, 18:36

Patch 1.6, Heroic. I also had maxed Godric in C1M5, so although he was pushed back to level 10, he was very strong (A20 D20 K9 and so on)... and he had Town Portal. At first I tried to defeat Colossi and send Godric to collect treasures on water, but he was attacked by lvl 15 Academy hero with a strong army (1 Titan, 40+ Mages etc.) so I had to restart the mission. I did the same except that I didn't send Godric to water (I defeated Collossi because I needed the gold behind them). One Academy hero landed at Week 1 and attacked the town (no Fort) defended by Godric. This time Godric had considerably greater army (30 Archers, Ballista) and won, thanks to Mass Confusion, Mass Decay, Resurrection and so on. The battle was very close - only 3 Archers survived! In the following week Godric attacked a next invader and won (thanks to 0 Wights and Skeleton Archers from Markal). After that things became much more easier. Somewhat later Godric got Scholar and could teach Markal a lot of useful spells.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Re: The Necromancer → The Attack

Unread postby cjlee » 05 Oct 2016, 16:29

Playing this on Heroes v5.5 mod, the ships move randomly and never attack you. This is a known bug, except inadequately mentioned in the 5.5mod documentation.

It's very interesting in that v5.5 deliberately creates new hero classes and probabilities for offering skills. I rejected Dark Magic in map 1 in favour of logistics, since I was afraid the enemy would chase me. In v5.0, rejecting Dark magic once is no problem because you get offered dark magic repeatedly. but now After rejecting this once, I was never offered Dark magic again.

And since I was only offered Summoning magic at level 18 and was not offered advanced summoning at 19, it means that my necromancer has expert necromancy, expert leadership (Markal starts with it), Expert logistics, Expert Sorcery and Advanced summoning at Level 20.

Remarkably it is playable and would still have been if the scripting bugs didn't exist and I was attacked by orange on week 3. As long as the attacks come on week 3 or after, I would have survived.

I find it very interesting to be playing Markal as a guy totally without any expert magic and very few spells. I'm actually surviving so far!

Return to “Articles”