First Heroes V Patch Now Available

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 06 Jun 2006, 18:46

Is there any way to delete the patch? I messed up something and need to delete the patch, and i cant reinstall for now (dont ask) :sad: If there isnt any simple way to do it then nevermind

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 06 Jun 2006, 18:49

@Yrkoon

So no patch for me (30 waiting in line untill server overvoaded :( )

I dont even have a "C:\" drive :D :Devil: so what should I do?

P.S. Anyone got an ED2K link to the patch?
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

Francesco
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Francesco » 06 Jun 2006, 19:02

Mhm.. where are all the fixes for multiplayer games? The game in unplayable in multiplayer.. I don't see anything that will improve it in the patch notes

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2006, 19:04

Skullmane wrote:"Is there any way to delete the patch?"
Nope. Sorry.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 06 Jun 2006, 19:26

Oh well, now ill have to wait a bit to play again... I learned a lesson here :D

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby Campaigner » 06 Jun 2006, 19:38

I can finally rotate the camera when moving my heroes - YES! Didn't expect them to fix that though :D

But Warlocks Luck with empowered spells and Irresisteble magic still isn't fixed....oh well, hope for next patch....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Jun 2006, 19:57

Campaigner wrote:I can finally rotate the camera when moving my heroes - YES! Didn't expect them to fix that though :D
Optimizing the game is the least they can do.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 06 Jun 2006, 19:59

All right, finally the first patch is out. Looks like it makes some good changes. Can't wait.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 06 Jun 2006, 20:00

Quite a few things fixed :D But still a long way to go :(

HA! I've had a good idea not to play campaign 'till the patch is released (I wonder, maybe wait some more, until another patch is released). But it's anoying that the patch instalation corrupts the saves...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby addicted » 06 Jun 2006, 20:24

U.S patch version: Okay, I went to the UBI U.S. to download my patch.. No waiting there. http://www.ubi.com/us/default.aspx

I haven't installed it yet tho.. a little paranoid I guess because of the above statements of Limitations of Warranty and Limitations of Liability, corrupted old saves, game may crash after a continuous gameplay, sitching off 'V-Sync', and if the last 2 is a known issue why didn't they fix it with this patch!!! Some saying the patch won't install in a different directory that they have the game installed too, people wanting to delete the patch already, etc. duh!

Guess I will hold off installing it for a few days and watch the threads..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 06 Jun 2006, 20:27

Sorry Titan, I can't get a pic for you.

As far as corruption issues go, I haven't had trouble getting into my old campaign saves. However, I didn't play it long enough to run into anything that might cause a problem. I was just checking to see if I could load it up or not.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby Falsted » 06 Jun 2006, 21:33

I wouldn't worry to much about loosing saved games. I installed the patch about 3-4 hours ago, and have been playing a saved game since then almost, and I havn't had a problem.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 06 Jun 2006, 21:42

I can't say I'm very happy with the patch after playing a bit with it. I mean "Sev." is still here.. Emowered spells still have bugged animation, warlocks luck still doesn't work on them and so on..

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 21:46

Infiltrator wrote:I can't say I'm very happy with the patch after playing a bit with it. I mean "Sev." is still here...
Youre kidding?! :disagree:

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby Vision » 06 Jun 2006, 22:09

For those who are looking for a patch and having issues with the current sites, I have a torrent up for ALL of the patches available right now. Although it will be slow starting (I am only seed), eventually people will be able to get the patches fairly quickly.

If you have the patch already, and want to help others get it, simply connect to the BitTorrent file and have it download it to the current location you have the patch... this will work and you will become a seeder immediately as long as you have the right patch and have not renamed it.

http://tracker.oracleleague.com

Minmaster
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Minmaster » 06 Jun 2006, 22:19

what happens to fanmade mods? does the patch affect them?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 22:25

Minmaster wrote:what happens to fanmade mods? does the patch affect them?
Well it does say that you should install the patch without any mods,so my guess is yes,it corupts them.

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 06 Jun 2006, 22:32

DaemianLucifer wrote: Youre kidding?! :disagree:
I wish I was.

Solace
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby Solace » 06 Jun 2006, 23:53

Okay.. Easy Mode.. Wooptie-freaking-doo... I was playing on normal before... Which seems to be GONE in 1.1.. Where'd normal mode go? .. Well, sure, Easy = 40k starting gold, HArd now is 30k starting gold (which was normal before) and Heroic is 20k (Which used to be hard..) ... ... .. So I guess where'd the old Heroic setting go? :( They didnt really add a difficulty, they just dumbed down the existing ones.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Patch 1.1 Info

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jun 2006, 23:58

Solace wrote:Okay.. Easy Mode.. Wooptie-freaking-doo... I was playing on normal before... Which seems to be GONE in 1.1.. Where'd normal mode go? .. Well, sure, Easy = 40k starting gold, HArd now is 30k starting gold (which was normal before) and Heroic is 20k (Which used to be hard..) ... ... .. So I guess where'd the old Heroic setting go? :( They didnt really add a difficulty, they just dumbed down the existing ones.
Isnt that what they have been doing with everything else?Elemental chains were hard to balance,figure out and master,so what did they do?*sigh*

Return to “Articles”