Necro Walkthrough Started

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

The Necromancer → The Temptation

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 19 Oct 2008, 03:13

Resources are scarce on this map, especially gold early on as you explore the surface terrain, so it may be challenging to scrape together enough cash to upgrade your forces at the Hill Fort. The nearby Trading Post is great for selling off your excess wood that you have been accumulating, however as far as mines go there is only one each of a sawmill, crystal mine & gold mine, so keep that in mind as you will want to save enough to build up the mage guild and whatever else in the Dungeon town.

As far as what kind of creatures to raise: on the surface I went for Wights/Wraiths primarily & used any extra Dark Energy to pick up an extra Lich here and there. Skeleton Archers were my 3rd choice. In the underground I went for as many Vampires as possible from the Dark/Grim Raiders, with Liches as my 2nd choice.

I was able to accumulate a stack of 9 Wights during the course of the map & they really made things a lot easier - they helped with being a main offensive unit as well as serving as a protector for my shooter stacks of Liches & Skeleton Archers. If it wasn't for them I'm sure I would have had to cast Raise Dead more instead of allowing them to take a lot of the punishment. Even though they don't have much in the way of special creature abilities, Wights & Wraiths are quite durable & probably deal the best raw damage among Tier 6 creatures.
Edited on Mon, Oct 20 2008, 15:21 by Shad0WeN

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 19 Oct 2008, 03:31

I also got week of the Minotaur in my game & a stack of about 20 joined my army on the way to siege the Dungeon town. When I captured it I also built the Minotaur dwelling to supplement my new tank unit. It was basically their job to serve as a guard for my shooters & remember that they always have positive morale regardless of any modifiers so it's cool to mix them with undead troops. Same goes for elementals, golems, gargoyles.

Da_Vane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Da_Vane » 03 Nov 2009, 11:02

I actually found out something worth mentioning with this map - If you conquer the Dungeon Town, you can actually fight the Orange hero that follows you if you garrison the town with Markal when Orange tries to attack. This is a good way to get your revenge!

kmleong
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kmleong » 07 Jan 2010, 07:41

Da_Vane is correct, Just Bait the orange hero to attack the underground town Kill Him, Check Objective to see if it tick (Completed) Avoid Orange Patrol. Just follow the walkthrough defeating purple hero etc.

there IS NO NEED to care about orange hero left on the other island

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 17 Jan 2012, 02:55

There's another way to stop the orange hero, hire another hero or two in the dungeon town, and block Orange's path to Markal. If you give your wall heroes an army you can even defeat Orange's hero.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 23 Nov 2012, 22:50

Found a bug/trick that can stop Orange's hero from following you into the under ground without even killing him.

Once you kill the creatures blocking you from crossing the river at the bottom of the map, orange will soon come and block the path, and stand there seemingly forever until you go underground.

I realized I forgot to loot some of the stuff right below where orange stops however, on a small island guarded by golems. So I went over, in the danger zone that triggers the get away mission. I killed the golems and took the loot, then ended my turn, still in the danger zone. Orange then moved forward, halfway towards my hero.

I used my next turn to flee east, but not underground. Orange then walked back from where he came, and began to just patrol similar to how he did at the beginning before you crossed his route.

I was then able to sneak back to the hill fort to update my army, and clear out the entire under ground without orange ever bothering me (other then wasting my time with his moves after I hit end turn).

Return to “Articles”