The Queen → The Trap

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Thlypsis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen → The Trap

Unread postby Thlypsis » 01 Jun 2006, 20:53

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/532

Thlypsis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen → The Trap

Unread postby Thlypsis » 01 Jun 2006, 20:53

The level cap for Isabel is 22.

Pondus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen → The Trap

Unread postby Pondus » 08 Jun 2006, 11:39

Meet Alaron’s Army ??
Edited on Thu, Jun 08 2006, 08:46 by Pondus

majestic69
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen → The Trap

Unread postby majestic69 » 09 Jun 2006, 13:02

Has anyone seen the ARMY TANK in the bottom left corner????

Is it possible to get to?????

azorblade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen → The Trap

Unread postby azorblade » 11 Jun 2006, 22:49

"Has anyone seen the ARMY TANK in the bottom left corner????

Is it possible to get to?????"

seen, but i didnt see any way to get to it. mayby it just for decoration :D

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

The Queen → The Trap

Unread postby NickMP » 13 Jun 2006, 08:36

Just for interest, before finishing the scenario I doubled back along the eastern side and fought various creatures. There is a trading cart in mid-east map where you can buy some cool stuff, but I don't think it carries over to future scenarios so you don't really need it. RThe final cutscene is certainly intriguing (if you don't mind the general mock-dramatic style of the voiceovers in the game in general, which do sort of fit the HOMM tradition though I'd prefer a less hammy style myself).

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Queen → The Trap

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Jun 2006, 08:52

majestic69 wrote:Has anyone seen the ARMY TANK in the bottom left corner????

Is it possible to get to?????
Check out this and this.

pogodaboss
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby pogodaboss » 21 Sep 2006, 05:40

There apears to be a bug where the Boots of Levitation dont have an image so they could hide in your inventory if you wear boots when you take the crypt.

kes05
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby kes05 » 12 Apr 2007, 22:32

Has anyone figured out what is up with the army tank? Just curious.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Apr 2007, 07:56

It's a Nival joke :D

--> Tank again
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

louistey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby louistey » 18 Apr 2007, 12:07

wads the easter egg?

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby Grail Quest » 06 Jul 2007, 15:59

Overall I thought this was a dumb scenario because there are no enemies. You spend about 5 months walking around picking up permanent bonuses in hard to find places. This coming after a tense scenario where the final enemy spawns really close to you and you may or may not have had your army smashed by the devils that were blocking the way. And then in the scenario after this walk in the woods, the comparative difficulty skyrockets because suddenly you've got 20th level enemy heroes that keep respawning and you can't stop them from doing so.

Finally, the level cap means if you are unlucky with skill picks, you might not get more than one or two magic skill picks, in turn meaning a wasted chance to pick up magic when denied for so long. On my re-play of The Queen, strange luck resulted in NO magic picks except for the one offering of Basic Dark Magic by the time I had hit the level cap in the previous map. Luckily, I wanted Isabel to have Dark Magic, so I took it.

By the way, what is the deal with Biara and Sir T(h)omas? She's so obsequious with Agrael when he tells her to tend to him. Since he didn't have an inflection to suggest sarcasm or a nefarious intent, Biara's reaction seemed completely out of place.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby Grail Quest » 20 Jul 2007, 14:47

If you don't stop for anything, you can get to Brightwood by the end of the first week, which means instead of having a fat stack of peasants that do little in combat and generate 1 gp each per day, you can start accumulating city income. I got there on Day 7 of Week 1, and the AI had built a Resource Silo as well. If you get there in Week 2, the AI will also have bought all their peasants to use against you in the siege.

Once at Brightwood (facing the city gate) go right and get the mill, then south of that to get the quarry. Otherwise you'll have a tedious critical-resource shortage.

Combat tips (on Hard):

- Succubi: Field only griffions and cavaliers, and have the griffins dive immediately. Cavaliers move up to take the other stack on their second action. Against maybe 40 Succubi Mistresses, the cavaliers should survive without loss. Griffins come out of their dive and cavaliers strike; remaining succubi shouldn't be able to kill even one unit in either stack.

- Nightmares and Hell Chargers: Field griffins and cavaliers in the flank. Hopefully none of the nightmare stacks will reach, and therefore instead just move up to stall in the middle so that your archers do only half damage. If all stacks are Hell Chargers, your cavaliers will definitely get hit no matter where they are, so hopefully they have split into stacks of 5-6, which mean no cavaliers lost if only hit once, and with a stack of 6 cavaliers, retaliation can kill 2/3rds of the attacking stack. You might consider not fielding the griffins at all unless the Hell Chargers appear in a regular stack of Nightmares, in which case the AI usually places them in the middle for maximum coverage of the battlefield.

- Hell Hounds and Cerebuses (and Grim Raiders): Use tactics similar to those for Hell Chargers, but also consider not tackling them until you are capable of an absolutely crushing retaliation against each stack, on your first strike. What they lack in individual firepower, they more than make up for in numbers, and are therefore more annoying than the more powerful Nightmares which spawn in stacks 5% to 10% the size of Hell Hound stacks. Survivors of your first round of attacks will usually run past your heavy hitters to target whatever little guys they can definitely kill. It appears the AI will prioritize any stack that can absorb the full damage output of its attacking stack, AND which will result in at least 1 kill. If your cavaliers survived retaliation with lots of Health, for example, they'll probably be ignored when the AI lets loose the hounds.

larsimartini
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby larsimartini » 07 Jul 2009, 21:12

The boots won`t work!!!

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 08 Jul 2009, 00:33

you can't just equip the Boots of Levitation and then walk across the water using the ramps next to the broken bridge?

leloo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby leloo » 16 Mar 2011, 04:19

I just bought this game and I'm at the part with the boots of Levitation. I can't get them to work. Help please!

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

The Queen - The Trap

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 02 Dec 2011, 14:25

I've just restarted the campaigns and must say I'm astonished how Isabel never gained ANY SP/knowledge,which were as of the satart of this mission 1 and 2.Also,every shrine seems to want to make me get Summoning,when I have freakin' expert Light....
Edited on Fri, Dec 02 2011, 09:27 by VAMPSVSZOUNDS

Return to “Articles”