The Queen → The Fall of the King

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Arithil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arithil » 07 Jul 2007, 09:36

heh, this is the first time i'm playing hommV since until now i had a lame old computer. so i'm playing it on a polish version 1.0 and i reached the fall of the king scenario. i haven't read the walkthrough before so i didnt know what to expect. so, i captured dunmoor in a couple of days. next turn i rescued isabel. agrael appears and doesnt really cause me any problems. godric and isabel talk how they should fortify the city and fightoff new attacks. and since that moment nothing new happened. some little demon heroes appeared trying to capture my mines but they all ended up being massacred by godric or isabel. being bored i explored the map. found the 3 obelisks, set up the Tears (but never got any mission about it). i fought this is how the scenario looks like. so i waited for more attacks. since they werent coming i kept on walking around. finally i gathered an army strong enough to destroy the red player (there were about 100devils in the garnison, 300 succubus etc). so here i am, all alone on the map. no red player and no mission. i read the walkthrough and can see now that there's some kind of bug as i should have gotten some quest a long long time ago. this pisses me off cause i have to do it all over again :/

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 07 Jul 2007, 15:27

On Hard, the Pit Lords guarding Isabel usually spawn in 2 stacks. Instead of fielding just the griffins, send both the Cavaliers and the Griffins. The Pit Lords will both cast Vulnerability on the Cavaliers, which won't help them because the Cavaliers can kill one stack with no retaliation, and the Griffins will Dive the other stack before it can act again.

If you field only Griffins and send them all to Dive, you will lose the First Aid Tent.

Money is tight in the early game, especially if you see Ellaine in the Tavern. I recommend against buying the Griffins and Monks en route up to Dunmoor/Isabel, as they are too few and just soak up cash much-needed for a rush toward Capital.

Edited on Sat, Jul 07 2007, 11:29 by Grail Quest

Peredhil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Peredhil » 14 Jun 2009, 20:46

Version 1.6,heroic.The map is easy-Isabel with Imp Griffins and Godric with Champions and AA keep both spawned and coming from the castle red heroes at bay,while leveling and visiting stat bonuses.I've defeated the huge garrison at the end of month 4,using 313 IG, 6*1 squires,tent and ammo cart;Isabel had Expert Dark(with Master of Mind),Enlightenment(with Intelligence),Light and Sorcery(full).I've lost just the war machines.

Key spells-Puppet Master,Blind,Resurrection;also Slow,Vulnerability,Phantom Forces.Control the Nightmares and destroy one stack at the time,added by divings.

Had 790 spell points(Intelligence,some artifacts,the fountain underground).After the battle I still had 50 left.

The hard part was to get the right skills,perks,and,finally,spells.Quite a few restarts(but this was my final purpose in the campaign). :)...
Edited on Sun, Jun 28 2009, 22:22 by Peredhil
Hard work is good for soul,but ale is better.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 02 Dec 2011, 13:32

A nice idea would be not to give Godric higher lvl Light Magic and instead have him get Dark Magic,in order to keep his effectiveness for C3M2 and ease C3M5,as your troops will be deadmeat and not PM/frenzy/blind-able.For the final 2 spots give him Luck and Attack,as your final battle in C3M5 is going to involve lots of PM/frenzy+phoenix and you want his troops to harm themselves more.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 02 Dec 2011, 18:22

(PATCH 1.3)Having restarted the campaigns at heroic I think this is a better way to tackle the mission (first week):After 2 days Godric gets to the Ore pit area.Go to the used grass patch there and dig.If it doesn't indcate the Tear,restart the mission.If it indicates the Tear is close,atk Dunmoor,create a hero,give him all of Godric's army but the Griffins and save.We should be in turn 3.Move the new hero to the spot where you think the Tear is.Turn 4:If it isn't there,load and try again till you get it.Then get Godric to take the artifact and move it in town.Turn 5 Attack the Ore pit with the new hero and attack the Pitlords with Godric's Griffins.I lost my Tent and 2 griffins,but if

I'd have bought sth for the PL t obombard I'd have escaped unscathed.Turn 6 free Isabel,move her towards the Sawmill.However give her Godric's former army-Marksmen Squires etc. and move towards the Gem Mine.Turn 7 go to the water wheel,with the new hero close.Turn 8 conquer the gem mine and leave the new hero to flag,move towards castle.Turn 9 Face the easy Agrael which comes with an ABYSMAL army of 5 Archdevils 16 imps and 5 succubi.That's what I have played so far,cheers.Ah,I lost to Agrael just 1 cav due to his AA,not even a Marksman died to the Succubi.
Edited on Fri, Dec 02 2011, 13:23 by VAMPSVSZOUNDS

stachnie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stachnie » 01 Jul 2014, 12:58

Patch 1.6, Heroic. I let Godric to free Isabel, capture gold mine and finally capture the town (at 7th day) and... I had almost no enemy attacks! Only one-two weak Inferno heroes and one Wizard with a Gargoyle. It turned out that Agrael was sitting next to the Inferno town and somehow his army was growing. Then I sent Isabel to clear most of the map (she finally reached the level cap). After I had built the Tear building I sent Godric to dispatch Agrael and the scene with Godric congratulating Isabel was shown.

Later Godric managed to beat the garrison (expert Dark) and capture the Inferno town. It turned out that the garrison provides 5 Archidevils, 10 Pit Lords, 15 Nightmares and 20 Succubi Mistresses each day! Inferno heroes kept trying to capture the Haven town, they appeared each week with incomplete 3-4 week armies. Godric was accumulating mixed Haven (Marksmen, Crusaders and Paladins) and Inferno (lvl 4-7) army. At late Month 6, when he had 250+ Archidevils, 500+ Pit Lords, 750+ Nightmares, 1200+ Succubi Mistresses and (IIRC) about 500 Crossbowmen, 400 Crusaders and 200+ Paladins (training!), I decided to try to defeat Agrael. I have given this army to Isabel, leftover went to Godric and moved Godric to the SE corner.

The fight seemed to be difficult, but only at the beginning (Agrael had less stacks, but stronger, e.g. 3k or 6k Hell Hounds). Isabel had much stronger stats, she managed to cast Mass Confusion, Mass Slow, Mass Haste, Mass Righteous Might. The next spell would be Mass Weakness but there was only one enemy stack left :) Agrael only used his regular attacks.

After defeating Agrael Nicolai has not appeared. It seemed I would be stuck but when I moved Isabel a bit furhter from the Inferno town, the final cutscene appeared.
Edited on Thu, Jul 03 2014, 08:04 by stachnie

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: The Queen → The Fall of the King

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 08 Sep 2023, 15:27

The Fall of the King, Heroic

There were a few doubts early on about whether I could do this on Heroic. One tip to make this easier, get the Magic Guild built to the point where Isabel can learn Town Portal. Also, you can get xp faster if you leave behind enough of your hero's army, so the Red Hero won't immediately flee.

Week 1, Took Dunmoor day 4, rescued Isabel Day 5. Claimed the gold mine, day 6.

Week 2, Defeated the first Red army.

Week 3, Day 1 a strong Red army came from the east. They can reach Dunmoor on day 2. Isabel beat him to the castle, Nimbros attacked and immediately retreated.

Week 4, on 1,4,3 a respectable red army invaded, Isabel intercepted them, and they retreated. A second, weaker, Red army invaded, and Isabel defeated them.

Week 6, Found the Grail.

Week 8, Isabel Maxed at L24. Need to shift emphasis to Godric. How does Red keep putting together such strong armies? Later I discovered Red Started with 300K+ gp.

Week 9, I spent days getting my best army and artifacts together under Godric, the prediction for the encounter with the Red army went from normal to low. Red fled at his first chance.

Week 12, Godric made L20 and Learned Town Portal.

Week 16, Godric gained 17K xp and L22 by reloading the game from where I left off!?! It was an autosave and he did defend Dunmoor in the transition.

In any event I could probably get him to L24 by just picking off Red heroes and building his army until I can take the garrison in front of the Red town but I'm weary of this game. The estimate is that the battle will be hard but when I tried it, it looked hopeless. (never beat it)

Week 20, Godric reached L24. The key is to leave behind enough of his army so the Red hero won't flee. Usually the prediction of the battle has to be "low". If your initiative is high enough it is interesting to take in only Imperial Griffins. No war machines or the enemy will move.

I had 5 heroes, Elaine to mind the Castle and encourage the peasants, two random heroes to pick up gold and resources every week and to "caddy" for Godric. I was promoting 20 footmen to priests every week. Elaine could do it for 37K and Isabel for 7K.

Over on 6,2,1

Return to “Articles”