Mods

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
KaiSer21
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby KaiSer21 » 07 Jun 2006, 10:20

I have the same problem - the Black knights mod dosen't work!! ALL mods are working OK, except this!! I must admit that this mod is the moust interesting!! Please Help!!!

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 07 Jun 2006, 15:17

Fina ****ing ly

Select all the files in the following folder of the unzipped mod:

textures\interface\combatarena\faces\neutral

And put them in the data.pak, which is also in the the data folder.

Just follow the same path and you'll see those files from the mod folder missing in the folder inside data.pak.. just select and drag them in (you'll need winrar or something similar).

Note this took a long time to complete for me, so let your computer mess around a bit.

Finally BKs are mine!

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 07 Jun 2006, 15:19

On another note... I agree that Deadly Strike is overpowered.

Can you make it so that the 25% chance is converted to something like double damage (heroes 3 FTW)? or perhaps 150% damage.

Taking it away entirely is not good IMO, and will hurt them too much

That would own... I say 25% for double damage. Just like H3

groose
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby groose » 08 Jun 2006, 13:30

i'm sorry but even with the shadow's explications i didn't managed to install black knight mod
so can sbdy explain me clearly how to do?

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 08 Jun 2006, 17:18

I'll try again.. slow now. Otherwise try reading some other solutions on the forum there is a BK mod thread. Though most didn't work for me. First you need to have Winrar installed. Then ..

Go the the heroes V\data folder. There are a few PAK files there. First unzip the mod and within the BK mod folder, you'll find three other folders. Copy Paste those to the data folder.

Now open textures\interface\combatarena\faces\neutral folder. There should be 8 files over there. Leave this window open.

Now open up the data.pak file which is also in the heroes V\data folder (where you pasted the three mod folders to).

Within the data.pak file, follow the same path: textures\interface\combatarena\faces\neutral.

You'll enter a folder where you see a lot of files, including the elemental unit files (just so you know you are at the right place). You will see that the black knight files are missing.

Now open the other window, where the 8 black knights files are (which is one of the mod folders). Select all 8 files and drag them to the data.pak window you have opened. Your computer will have a hard time with it, but after a minute or so it will have added the missing Black Knight files to the folder and the mod should work.

Hope it helps.

S!zzla
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby S!zzla » 08 Jun 2006, 19:30

Hi, I also first had problems with the BK mod. I think it was because I copied the hole folder (?? sry, bad english)... But now, I copied the three folders in the "blackKnightmod" one into the data folder. When I start the game, there is still the text like "...here you can recruit wraights..." but when I build the building, I can actually recruit Black Knights and it works. so first try this possibility, maybe there is only the text wrong ;-)

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 08 Jun 2006, 20:17

True, the mod does not include changing the name in the building. You can change that yourself though, go to the forum thread for that. It's in there somewhere, if you are not accustomed to modding.

But he's right, build it first. AND REMEMBER!! You must start a new game for the mod to work. It won't work on a saved game!

Just build and end your turn... shouldn't take too long. Just go against 1 opponent. He won't reach that quickly anyway

groose
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby groose » 09 Jun 2006, 08:02

ok thanks a lot shadow i managed to active the mod

S!zzla
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby S!zzla » 09 Jun 2006, 13:51

Hi again. Fine, that you managed to activate the mod at all. I think, everything is better than the wrights units, cause they aren't really as good as for example the pitlords...

But I have a question this time: I installed the CPUantiCheat mod with version 1.0 but I had no time to try out, if the game is REALLY easier with this mod... Then I installed version 1.1 and played a game with easy difficult setting. But it was SO hard, the enemy rushed me with 5 archangels, and I just had 3 Pitlords... No Chance!! Whats wrong with the game?? Is it the new patch, that doesn't work with the anticheat mod? or what could be wrong? maybe my skillz are too bad...

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 10 Jun 2006, 19:47

No prob, I hope it helps others too.

It took me quite soem time to make it work

As for the deadly strike ability. It won't trigger that often with me... not near 25% at least -_-

Arsham
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby Arsham » 11 Jun 2006, 10:55

can someone give me the heroes5 INI files? please answer... :-(

Helgi11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby Helgi11 » 17 Jun 2006, 16:52

i cant open the data.pak file

-Shadow32-
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby -Shadow32- » 17 Jun 2006, 20:58

Get Winrar... and if you would have read the comments you would have known.

hein231
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby hein231 » 17 Jun 2006, 21:24

can some1 please make a mod which makes all heroes available in multiplayer/single player custom maps eg. maahir,godric etc.

Please or at least give me the resources where i could find out on how to do this myself nival will never give us all the heroes in multiplayer maps

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 17 Jun 2006, 22:00

Isn't Maahir just Nur with another portrait? Anyway, I tried to enable Temkhan, but didn't quite succed. I have a suspicion that the only way to enable them as starting heroes is by replacing other heroes.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Arsham
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby Arsham » 18 Jun 2006, 06:01

so replacing them i think camping heroes are more cool than normal heroes ;)

Arsham
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby Arsham » 18 Jun 2006, 06:08

i only want the creatures [script or INI] files like the (devil mod) but its only for devils i want this mod for all creatures to make my owne creatures... i wish some1 give me those fills :(

Arsham
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby Arsham » 18 Jun 2006, 06:10

please tell me if i can find them somewher else thankx

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jun 2006, 07:39

Heroes of Might and Magic 5/data/data.pak. Open it with Winrar or Winzip.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Arsham
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mods

Unread postby Arsham » 18 Jun 2006, 09:24

thanx alot GaidalCain you make me somuch happy :) and thanx again

Return to “Articles”