Academy

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
the-darkest
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Academy

Unread postby the-darkest » 25 Jan 2006, 22:30

YSD? ? ? What is that? Please explain!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Academy

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jan 2006, 16:06

"
the-darkest wrote:YSD? ? ? What is that? Please explain!
"

Year of the Seventh Dragon.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

K-Dog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Academy

Unread postby K-Dog » 16 Mar 2006, 21:26

the "Cross of Wisdom" looks like Ankh Cross (ancient egyptian symbol of life and afterlife) with some eye in it. Dunno why, but its clear that they worship Anubis.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Academy

Unread postby Echo_ » 27 Mar 2006, 21:00

Mistake or no? Shouldn't the "467-504 YSD: The Orc Crusades" be in th Haven faction timeline and not the academy faction timeline?
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Mar 2006, 21:11

Both the Haven and Academy factions had Orc slaves. So it belongs in both timelines.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Academy

Unread postby soupnazii » 27 Mar 2006, 22:22

the "Cross of Wisdom" looks like Ankh Cross (ancient egyptian symbol of life and afterlife) with some eye in it. Dunno why, but its clear that they worship Anubis.

the eye in it is Ra, who was really just an eye with no body or something. they deffinetly worshipped egyptian gotd. prob why they r in the desert and not snow..

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Academy

Unread postby Akul » 01 Jun 2006, 15:13

Wizards created the orcs, so they have the right to have theme in their timeline.

In fact, humans let orcs escape.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jun 2006, 15:19

You do know that Wizards are human, right?

LoneDruid
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Academy

Unread postby LoneDruid » 26 Jun 2006, 10:38

If you havent HoMM V go and play at www.heroesmini.com.....

you'll see, enjoy it :)

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

Academy Info

Unread postby hein321 » 12 Sep 2006, 14:02

this town is totally weak and useless compared to other homm's!

Eolian Mage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Academy

Unread postby Eolian Mage » 22 Feb 2007, 17:08

Regarding: heim321--this town is totally weak and useless compared to other homm's!

It behooves us all to remember that HOMM5 is a strategy game. Consequently, FPS tactics will not ensure a win against a foe who has a strength advantage.
----------
Ignorance is not a fault, however, the desire to remain so is.

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Academy

Unread postby Inisto » 25 Mar 2007, 18:35

In this game according to Academic history: Centaurs,orcs and goblins exist.With additional ogres,cyclops,thunderbirds/Rocs and Behemoths:Beasts of the land,im looking forward to see my favourit town RETURN.

sir Aayren ili Essen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Academy

Unread postby sir Aayren ili Essen » 01 Apr 2007, 15:55

I loveeeee Academy!!! It's my favourite town. And I think that only 6 towns and +1 in expansion its really small! In my imagination i see 12 towns... But its only a dream:/...

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 01 Apr 2007, 17:31

I can't understand how people think...demanding that there "MUST BE" one town for every landscape like that's a golden rule....saying that the lack of snow terrain is a "BIG" problem....and that every alignment that was in the previous HoMMs must be present in every version....get real! Think outside the box and we can get new and better stuff! I f.e think that the Academys desert theme is great! And if they were in snow I wouldn't mind either since both terraintypes fit them.

You people who want a Barbarian faction. You want it to be a copy of the Heroes III stronghold with Behemoths, Thunderbirds and Cyclops..?

I would welcome a greenskin faction with Orks, goblins, Ogres and variations of those. Maybe a Gobshooter from WBC III...and a Ork Warlord from Age of Wonders...:)

sir Aayren ili Essen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Academy

Unread postby sir Aayren ili Essen » 02 Apr 2007, 13:45

You have a right Campaginer! I think that Nival could make a two barbarian towns (if they got a many and time;).

First - greenskin faction witch orks, goblins and ogres.

Second - faction looks like fortess of HommIII but witch cyclops, centaurs, harpies, gnols and bochemots.

Oh!!! Ando water's dragon faction of naga's viverns and mermainds! (made by Orfinn)

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Academy

Unread postby Inisto » 07 Apr 2007, 12:03

At least i think that a copy of a town is better than a limited version of it.What the **** do you want?Goblins,Gobshooter,orcs,ogres,ogre mutants,orc warlord and a some Giant Golly Gruntking???????You also state that its fine to have no snow???Is it just me or is there no WINTER in the Griffin empire??Is there no North or South just some limited imagination of some savannah monkeys??Of course we dont have to have towns for every landscape.(Although i'd like to have water beings)We only have to keep some real value of creatures.As i'd like to have an ugly Behemoth instead of the 6th flying reptile owhateva.

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

Academy

Unread postby hein321 » 05 May 2007, 12:10

i only recently finished hommV throughout this game names like crag hack,solmyr and sandro popped up all over the place i think they sed this game has no relation to any previous homm don't if it happened in dark messiah haven't played it yet, you guys encounter any of these "ghosts from the past" in dark messiah?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Academy

Unread postby Orfinn » 07 May 2007, 10:41

Why are there an purple obelisk next to the teal eye sign?

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Academy

Unread postby Cleanpea » 07 May 2007, 20:40

there are plenty others (purple obelisks) "hidden" around the CH, is it a contest or something? The obelisk treasure hunt? Prizes?

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Academy

Unread postby Inisto » 26 May 2007, 12:03

How about Academy Alt.upg.As for an example an Rakshasha Bastet:Hp.145,dmg:30-30,df:34,atk36,speed:7 and having Nine lives and immunity to Dark magic as specials.

The nine lives special would be like if the Raksha would die it would reincarnate with 1hp for nine times.

The Immunity to dark magic needs no explanation for how it works but i'd dream of it as a special ability because the ancient Egyptian cat-godess Bast protected farmers from plague and vermin.But its only a dream.=(

Return to “Articles”