Fabrice Q&A (E3)

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 23 May 2005, 21:32

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/402

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 23 May 2005, 21:32

I was expecting much more info. This all hype with E3 has resulted in a big dissapointment for me. We get more info from leaked screenshots than from Ubi itself.

And why didn't you asked my question? :P, (or more people question about number of unit levels in towns).

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 23 May 2005, 21:49

I have a bunch of comments to make on this interview, but we'll be discussing that later. *rolls eyes* :O)

Seriously though, thanks FC for taking the time to appease some of us ravenous fans. *grin*
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 23 May 2005, 22:18

Hahaha, good one Sir Charles ;).

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 23 May 2005, 22:19

Agree with Vitirr. Thought we'd be inundated with screens, videos and info from E3. Rather disappointed.

Seeing they decided to return some of the old heroes, hopefully they'll see the sense of having the one sized battlefield too.

JSE
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby JSE » 23 May 2005, 22:24

"MN: Can Heroes V be a TRUE M&M game if the original background story is discontinued? (JSE)

FC: We'll be discussing that later in the development."

---------------

So, they will be discussing in a later state of development if the game can be a M&M game at all?!?! Well, I take Fabrice's word for it... ;)

doma
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby doma » 23 May 2005, 22:26

"MN: Will creatures be able to travel on the adventure map without a Hero? (HodgePodge)

FC: No. "

jesus christ....

back to the days of "mule and resource collector" heroes. letting creatures travel the adventure map was one of the few things H4 got right. They could have brought it along I think.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 23 May 2005, 22:42

Polish's in! Well it seems our little lobby did its work well! :-)
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 23 May 2005, 23:05

Yeah... Maybe you're right doma... But i'm glad to see, that the old heroes may have a chance of being in the game. I think, or actually know, that many of the fans would like that.

PS: My question was asked! Yes! Although no new information...

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 23 May 2005, 23:36

"Polish's in! Well it seems our little lobby did its work well! :-)"

I'm more impressed with the efficiency of the Hungarian lobby. Romania and Poland are the two main countries in the East European block, at least twice as big as any of the others (including Hungary). Still Fabrice said Polish & Hungarian, not Polish & Romanian.

And if we talk about Heroes comunity, the difference if even bigger. I only hope that the reason of not choosing Romania is that Fabrice (somehow) found out that Romanians usually preffer to play games / see movies / etc in their original language (from what I've seen so far, we're one of the few countries in Europe that consider dubbing movies is stupid).
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 23 May 2005, 23:38

"MN: Will creatures be able to travel on the adventure map without a Hero? (HodgePodge)

FC: No. "

Bad news. Let's hope they thought at least at some caravan system or smth.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Camay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Camay » 23 May 2005, 23:40

Doma, I aggree for the mule (troop carrier) but ressource collector ? creatures cannot grab ressources in H4...

Evenshade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Evenshade » 23 May 2005, 23:43

Keep in mind, it's almost a year until Heroes V is done. Most of the questions that were asked he couldn't answer because development hasn't reached that point yet.

I'm generally satisfied with it. I'm just looking forward to the following year, and the possibility of a completely open beta!

Camay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Camay » 23 May 2005, 23:46

Doma, I aggree for the mule (troop carrier) but ressource collector ? creatures cannot grab ressources in H4...

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 23 May 2005, 23:58

Of all the things that were left out while the fans were craving for them, I can't believe Fabrice chose the one about bringing old heroes back. If we have a totally new world, it'll be kinda stupid actually to have the old heroes "reincarnated" here.

But they are forgiven if they bring Solmyr, Mephalla and few of the other favourite heroes of mine. :p

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 24 May 2005, 00:02

"MN: What are the planned system requirements? (Moonman)

FC: Nothing settled yet, but we're targeting what was considered an average system around Christmas 2003."

Whow. Is't that too low? They are getting close to disappointing another cathegory of gamers here: the maniacs that always have the latest processor and video card, just to play the latest games, and who will be maybe disappointed with a game that asks so less...

Tyreal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tyreal » 24 May 2005, 00:04

I'm worried about the battlefield size too atleast if you want a fast game you can use the battlefield depends on size of army thing, If you want your normal leisurely paced game then you can turn the previous option off. Then have it be the same size proportion as say heroes 3.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 24 May 2005, 00:07

"FC: Dragons will also be explained later, but they are the sort of beings that created the world."

Hmm. And I used to consider dragons as pretty brainless creatures. And actually, apart from being huge and spitting fire, they were never really good for smth. On a creating level I mean. Compared with the Angels, who can resurrect, or even the wizards, I see them way lower on the hierarchy of the creative creatures. And now they come and tell me they created the world...

*using Yoda-like tone* Hmmm............

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 24 May 2005, 00:17

"MN: Will there be fog of war? (CoarseDragon)

FC: Yes.

FC: (about time limit during combat) ...fear not, this mode is completely optional! "

OK. One fear gone, one still remains. Will also the fog of war be optional? 'Cause I really hate it. One of the things that I loved the most in H3 was to see the "movie" between the turns, with what the other players were doing, and develope long time strategies depending on that.

With FOW I was always playing with the fear that some enemy my pop out from the "less then one day travel" fog and attack me. It's like playing chess withous being able to see what your opponent is doing the the pieces that are not next to some of yours. H3 was always relaxing and enjoyable. H4 was a headache (partly also because of the FoW). But maybe it's futile to fight against this trend of the new generation, which cannot enjoy a movie or game if it doesn't create tension, fear and stuff like that...

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 24 May 2005, 00:20

In Heroes IV, creatures CAN grab resources just lying around the adventure map; they just cannot flag any of the resource generators (mines, sawmills, ore pits, etc.) I was hoping that creatures would still be able to scout out the adventure map in Heroes V. It's amazing how much one little sprite can accomplish.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “Articles”