H4 Object Package

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.

Moderators: Moderators, Celestial Heavens Staff

{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

H4 Object Package

Postby {CH}ArticleBot » Sep 19 2018, 19:25

The H4 Objects Package v.0.55 contains mirrored versions of ALL Creature Banks and Creature Dwellings, complete with matching shadows and highlights, working animations as well as adjusted flag postitions and entrances. Worth mentioning is the 3 versions of the previously unfinished Magic Lamp (creature bank).
Also included are all objects from Equilibris 3.51 and 3.55, fully compatible with non Equilibris mod.

Including objects from contributers Radmutant69 and Mirage, the current package contains no less than 1141 new objects, ranging from mirrored adventure objects to a large amount of decoratives and even new terrain types.

Ready made aop files (both for Equi editor and WoW) is included, meaning all of the objects have been placed in the editor's palette, along with maps that displays the many new objects.

Planned updates will include:
- Mirrored Quest Huts along with additional Quest Huts.
- Mirrored Movement Modifiers.
- Mirrored Misc. Adventure objects.
- Mirrored Power Ups.

- Additional decorative objects.
- Previously unused dwellings: Sea Monster Lair, Mermaid Sanctuary and Mega Dragon Lair.
- Hero Portrait bank, for editing with the Equilibris FaceTool.
- Creature Hero sprites (by NimoStar) allowing for any hero to appear as any creature both in combat and on the adventure map.
Read full article...
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Senatorial
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: H4 Object Package

Postby Senatorial » Oct 31 2018, 4:03

Hello, a question! I am using this pack with WoW. In the editor there are now two additional tabs under "Add-ons" named "Hidden" and "Modded objects". Selecting either tab in the editor immediately crashes it and causes it to crash every time on startup afterwards. Are these tabs supposed to be usable with just the "storm_updates.h4r" and "current.aop" files included in this pack?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Postby Karmakeld » Nov 3 2018, 18:24

Senatorial wrote:Hello, a question! I am using this pack with WoW. In the editor there are now two additional tabs under "Add-ons" named "Hidden" and "Modded objects". Selecting either tab in the editor immediately crashes it and causes it to crash every time on startup afterwards. Are these tabs supposed to be usable with just the "storm_updates.h4r" and "current.aop" files included in this pack?

Hmmm.. Yes indeed you should be able to simply place the storm_updates.h4r file in your Data folder as well as the current.aop and open the editor. I have placed all of the new objects in the editor, so you don't have to drag each and every new object yourself.
Have you downloaded the version 0.55 from this site?
It ought to have the following tabs under the 'Add-Ons' tab: Arrows, Hidden, Equilibris, Modded objects, Walls, New Adventure Objects, New Landscape Objects, Objects by Radmutant69 and Objects by Mirage.

It would seem there's a broken object placed in either of the tabs, which is why the editor crashes, though there shouldn't be any bad objects.
Can you open any of the maps attached in the zip file?

For now, you can delete the current.aop file (as it's broken) and you should be able to open the editor once again.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Senatorial
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Postby Senatorial » Nov 4 2018, 16:57

Yes, deleting current.aop and replacing with the old one fixes it.

All those tabs are visible. It is specifically clicking on the Modded and Hidden tabs that causes the crash.

All the maps open just fine.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Postby Karmakeld » Nov 5 2018, 22:41

Just to be clear, you still get a crash, after deleting the aop file?

I will look into it. Clearly some object in both those tabs are broken. Thanks for the bug report.
Last edited by Karmakeld on Nov 5 2018, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Postby jeff » Nov 6 2018, 3:39

After deleting the AOP file, try not replacing it. Let the editor build its own. As I recall that was what I did. After that you can recreate those other tabs.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Postby Karmakeld » Nov 7 2018, 8:31

jeff wrote:After deleting the AOP file, try not replacing it. Let the editor build its own. As I recall that was what I did. After that you can recreate those other tabs.

Jeff, are you refering to the Equi/Win 10 issue/solution or did you also experience this issue with the Object Package's aop file?

jeff

Postby jeff » Nov 7 2018, 19:55

Win 10/Equi issue; so it may be mute.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Postby Karmakeld » Nov 11 2018, 13:50

Senatorial wrote:Yes, deleting current.aop and replacing with the old one fixes it.

All those tabs are visible. It is specifically clicking on the Modded and Hidden tabs that causes the crash.

All the maps open just fine.

Senatorial, I've just checked the tabs Modded and Hidden in both my Equi editor and my standard WoW editor and I didn't encounter any crashes.
If the suggestions from Jeff didn't work out - deleting the aops and letting the editor create new ones, you can try downloading these two, from my editors. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15Gfdeg8tp6ASR_3ndWg73kxzMPR9D6O5?usp=sharing current.aop for standart and equi.aop for equi editor.

If that still doesn't work, then I'm puzzled and Jeff's solution will have to do. You may have to drag all objects to the pallette from the included maps, but as you can open those, you'll have all the objects there. I'll also included this issue in the Read Me file in case others should encounter the issue.

Return to “Articles”