Fabrice Q&A (April)

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 11 Apr 2005, 19:00

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/396

Monastor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monastor » 11 Apr 2005, 19:00

Hmm... So they're so happy because of changing the style (I mean the graphic)... OK... There are only some games for the masses nowadays :(

Anyway... Do you know anything else about these beta tests?
Monastor of the Ice Chambers of Might and Magic

Camay
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Camay » 11 Apr 2005, 19:19

Great ! at least 130 creatures !!

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 Apr 2005, 19:30

The creature comment has me very, very excited.

Are you all aware that Heroes 4 only had 74 creatures? This means that if HOMM5 plans on passing the 130 or so from HOMM3, we may be seeing close to a doubling of creatures from HOMM4.

That is simply incredible!

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 11 Apr 2005, 20:16

Yep, the comment on the Creatures total numbers is awsome indeed :)

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 11 Apr 2005, 20:30

That almost makes upgrades certain. Heroes 3 after all only had about 70-80 (didn't bother to count exactly) unique creatures, which is as much as Heroes 4. Somehow I doubt they could make 130 unique creatures appear.

Anyway, assuming a 20% neutrals rate, that means that there will still be approximately 18 creatures per town. Somehow that makes me think they will use a pure chaos system or a yet unknown system for the creature lineup.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 11 Apr 2005, 20:40

More than 130 creatures? I really dont know if that's a good thing or not. There's bound to be a few that are rather pointless.

Oh well, that well make a lot of people happy.

A few screenshots would have topped off the interview perfectly. :p

The Filth
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The Filth » 11 Apr 2005, 21:21

Theay are getting the "HEROES" feeling!!! An more thann 130 creatures! Awsome! what more can i say? Just Awsome!

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 12 Apr 2005, 00:03

I'm getting breathless!! Just dreaming about Heroes V - YAY & HOORAY!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I love more creatures. I love upgrades. I hope the Heroes will be tough, buff, gruff, have the right stuff & be cool enough! Heehee!

Anyway, I think I'm gonna faint. Whew! I'd better continue playing Heroes IV while I have to wait. Hone my skills. I'm sure glad I bought my new computer when I had the chance; now I'm READY! Bring IT on (Heroes V)!!!!!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

necro95
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby necro95 » 12 Apr 2005, 09:05

Maybe they'll implement stack experience? The more battle the stack of creatures fight, the more powerful they get and evolve.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 12 Apr 2005, 09:06

Lots of creatures, Heroes feeling... This is just so great. Can't wait for this game much longer. :Þ
A cat is fine too...

Loco Blutaxt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Loco Blutaxt » 12 Apr 2005, 12:31

I don't know if 130 creatures is a good or a bad news.

I know that many of you think that the more creatures there are the better the game. I'd rather have 60 creatures (5 Levels/Town - upgradeable) that are well balanced then 130 creatures that look diffenent and are in fact the same.
If you're a German speaking fanboy of the Heroes series also visit Drachenwald

Asmodean_HC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Asmodean_HC » 12 Apr 2005, 13:08

Yes the creature number is great, it's what all the fans wanted. And upgrades are back like we all wanted too.

The thing I'm most pleased to hear is that from now until the release, most of the effort will be going into polishing and tweaking.

That's good for AI, for balance and for ironing out multi-player problems.

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 12 Apr 2005, 14:19

To Loco Blutaxt:

I'd reather have 130 that are well balanced .

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 12 Apr 2005, 17:24

I second Vitirr: I'd rather have 130 well ballanced creatures also (instead of just 60 well ballanced creatures) ;)

I also second necro95: the upgrade through gained experience is one of my older ideas that I really hope I'll see it working in Heroes V.

About those that are still doubting there'll be upgrades: read the interview again - he made it pretty clear they'll top the 130 only with upgrades and ADD-ONs (so we won't have 130 in the first release). And that doesn't mean topping Heroes III as he said, 'cause Heroes III had (with upgrades & add-ons, like he says about Heroes V) 9 towns x 14 creatures = 126 + 12 neutrals = 138. And that's not counting all the WoG creatures (!!!). This makes Fabrice not 100% honest, and I don't like this. Nevertheless, I'm still pretty happy anyway (as I was afraid of almost half of 130), so I'm not gonne be upset with him for this detail, but more greatful for revealing this information and not letting me burn in fears anymore. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

SiD
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SiD » 13 Apr 2005, 08:42

How do they count the number of creatures? If the creatures are upgradeable like in Homm3 will both the standard creature and the upgradeable version be counted as 1 or 2 creatures? If it is counted as 1 I'd say that 130 creatures is alot, but if it is counted as 2 creatures it's about half the number of creatures.

Nevertheless... quality of creatures is always more important than the quantity.

About the graphics... The only thing I want in Heroes is the atmosphere and the cozyness that has always been there in the previous games. The music did its job as well in the other Homms. If they can get that into Homm 5 I don't mind how it looks or what style they use. But I do want many types of pickups. Do I choose XP or gold... hm :P

Jude
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jude » 13 Apr 2005, 22:08

Please let there be a Mac version! I've been playing (and buying) the Heroes of Might and Magic Games since King's Bounty. I've written to Ubisoft about whether there will be a Mac version but have gotten no answer. Maybe the next time you compile questions, you can include that one?

Jude

dalriada
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dalriada » 21 Apr 2005, 09:02

Heroes V Mac OS X .... please. Have been a faithful follower since Homm3 and am holding my breath to hear news that Homm5 will be ported to the large Mac community. Thanks to not forget us !!

submarine
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby submarine » 01 May 2005, 00:58

I checked out the heroes V website... makes me want to buy the game even more.

Shogun_Razor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shogun_Razor » 06 Oct 2005, 19:08

Go Fabby Go! Sleep is for wussies - burn till you can't feel your mouse fingers anymore!

Return to “Articles”