Spin the Skill Wheel

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Sep 2013, 21:11

It's amazing, this wheel thing. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Tyber Zann
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Tyber Zann » 10 Sep 2013, 22:27

It is. I may sound like a complainer with my 4th perk comments but I do really enjoy the skill system. It's a step up from the Heroes 3 system. Remember when tactics was its own skill, that eventually granted 7 rows before combat, and without tactics u couldn't arrange ur troops at all? Or when the magic schools where divided by element (fire, earth, etc.) How times have changed.

Tyber Zann
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Tyber Zann » 11 Sep 2013, 00:18

Ok. It looks like orcs and dwarves got much better 4th perks.

Orcs get even MORE blood rage. Can anyone say anger management?? Their 4th perk starts them with 500 additional rage at the start of combat. Booya! What's more, it seems like it requires minimal sacrifice. The only skills lacking I can see would be logistics and defense, but since blood rage provides damage protection, that really just leaves logistics. Logistics is good though, and once upgraded, most barbarians can rage their armys pretty quick anyway. This one seems like a matter of personal preference. Strength or speed?

Dwarves got an awesome one 2, probably one of the best. It's the opposite of the elves super luck, the one that grants them %100 luck. The dwarves 4th perk brings all enemy attacks down a peg luck wise. Lucky attacks become normal. Normal attacks become unlucky, and unlucky, well, still unlucky. Haven't seen super unlucky outside of real life. The description even states that if the enemy hero has elven super luck, the 2 abilitys cancel each other out (as they would naturally anyway). So, basically this cuts all enemy damage in half all the time, and the only obvious sacrifices I see here are no war machines, no logistics, and no light or dark magic. No light is a bummer, but, really, this seems like the ONLY 4th perk that is actually worth going for. It actually pays off. More so than elven super luck, since they can't get archery, and the normal elven luck perk adds +25% to their luck chance, on top of the max 50% for 5 luck, that's a %75 chance under normal circumstances, or %100 if ur willing to pay an arm, a leg, and ur 11th finger for it.

And so the verdict is in. I say dwarves have the only 4th perk worth shooting for. The others are a bunch of pipe dreams. That reminds me....
Edited on Tue, Sep 10 2013, 20:25 by Tyber Zann

EvilLoynis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby EvilLoynis » 11 Oct 2013, 12:44

Can we get a note up top saying which version/expansion this wheel is for please? Not to mention a link for the non expansion one would be good to. It just seems to kind of suck that they changed it so much, especially and didn't do a patch to bring all versions of the game in line.

I found it so annoying when having just bought the game with all the expansions and making sure all the versions are upto date that I couldn't get Tripple Ballista with Deleb Iron Maiden now matter how hard I tried and it was starting to peeve me off. Sucks that it also has 3 different executables and not a complete version like H3&4 smartly did.
Edited on Fri, Oct 11 2013, 17:04 by EvilLoynis

Return to “Articles”