Spin the Skill Wheel

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
ijsklontje
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby ijsklontje » 18 Jun 2006, 14:12

how do u get ultimate skill of a hero i never had it

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Skill Wheel

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jun 2006, 14:23

ijsklontje wrote:how do u get ultimate skill of a hero i never had it
If you are refering to the racial skill like ultimate gating,or ultimate necromancy,in that case you can get them only via an artifact called pendant of master,that boosts your racial skill up one level,even beyond the expert.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 18 Jun 2006, 14:28

Shad0WeN wrote:Just a little heads up, in the zip file containing the printable jpgs the image for the Wizard's skill wheel is lower resolution than the others. I noticed this when I printed it and the quality wasn't as good as the others.
Yes, it is of poorer quality. It was the first of the six that I did, and was the unfortunate victim for my experimentation. Since it is still readable, I didn't redo it (My time was very limited to work on these)

ijsklontje
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby ijsklontje » 19 Jun 2006, 08:31

ooo ok thx

Gonzi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Gonzi » 20 Jun 2006, 22:30

since im noob can anyone tell me what lvl i need to be or what i need to learn 5lvl of spells please help

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Ryder » 20 Jun 2006, 22:33

You need the Expert skill level in one of the magics and that will allow you to learn level 5 spells of that school only.

Gonzi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Gonzi » 20 Jun 2006, 22:41

thx and to learn arcane omniscience do i need to learn just 1 arrow that leads to it or all 4
Edited on Tue, Jun 20 2006, 16:42 by Gonzi

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 20 Jun 2006, 22:46

You need all 4 of them, with all their requirements.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

KyneTarse
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby KyneTarse » 21 Jun 2006, 00:04

@DarkestSamus at 2006-06-11 15:31 wrote:

"Warlock: As far as I can tell through multiple attempts, the Warlock's 'Resistance' ability can NOT be attained. I've tried attaining it with Vitality + Power of Endurance and Vitality + Protection. It refused to come up after MANY levels afterwards. This means that Counterspell is also unattainable by default."

After poking around in the .xml files, this seems like it should be an easy fix. In fact, I'm surprised a mod hasn't addressed it already, unless there's something I'm missing. I'll probably attempt to fix it myself... anyone notice any other major bugs in skill progression for any faction that I should fix while I'm at it?

KT
Edited on Tue, Jun 20 2006, 18:05 by KyneTarse

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 21 Jun 2006, 14:04

Gonzi wrote:since im noob can anyone tell me what lvl i need to be or what i need to learn 5lvl of spells please help
One addition to previous:
You need expert to learn the level 5 spell in light, dark, destructive, and summonning magic, but you need hero level 20 to learn the level 5 adventure spell (town portal)

slippy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby slippy » 24 Jun 2006, 03:30

Sorry if this is already discussed elsewhere, but do the individual heroes have tendencies to get certain things? I know they start with certain ones that would lead them in a direction, but I'm loving Faiz because he seems to get a lot of the "master" things that come after basic dark and light magic (and I love those masters), rather than some random starter that I don't want at all. Am I right in thinking this, or am I just having luck in getting them over and over.

Helgin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Helgin » 25 Jun 2006, 11:07

Hello! Thanks so much for the weel - it is very usefull, one point i would like to be added there - probability to get each skill at level up. We know that some are 2% only, so it would be usefull to show this digits on the weel also.

master gremlin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby master gremlin » 28 Jun 2006, 09:05

hey, what happend to the skill wheel link? i just logged in it wasn't on general.. i googled and found the link, but the i didn't have the appropiate ppermissions?! can anybody please tell me how to find the wheel again?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 28 Jun 2006, 09:22

It's was made unavailable to the start of next month in order to save bandwidth...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

master gremlin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby master gremlin » 28 Jun 2006, 09:28

okey, tack så mycket!

Romla
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Romla » 10 Jul 2006, 13:24

What really irritates me is the imbalance of basic skills which are needed to achieve the ultimate skills. Here is a list of basic skills sorted by how many classes of heroes must have the skill to achieve the ultimate:

6 - x

5 - Logistics

4 - Attack, Enlightenment, Luck

3 - x

2 - Dark Magic

1 - Defense, Light Magic, Summoning Magic, Sorcery, War Machines

0 - Destructive Magic, Leadership

From this list is evident that Logistics, Attack, Enlightenment and Luck needs almost every hero who wants his ultimate skill, whereas Destructive Magic and Leadership needs no one...

I think that every skill should be needed at least once and at most three times.

Romla
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Romla » 10 Jul 2006, 14:29

In addition heroes often need their "secondary" skills to achieve the ultimate. For example Knight needs Luck, Logistics, Light Magic and Enlightenment which he learns with probabilities 8. 8. 8 and even 2 percent in the case of Enlightenment. This is also nonlogical, cause it means that hero must learn skills which are not his "main" or "standard" skills to achieve the ultimate...
Edited on Mon, Jul 10 2006, 08:30 by Romla

Arthas89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Arthas89 » 16 Jul 2006, 09:15

I have a question. I take it you can't learn all the second and third abilites for every skill. You can only learn 3 abilities per skill right?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jul 2006, 09:42

You can learn one ability if you have basic skill,two if you have advanced and three with expert.

Arthas89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Arthas89 » 16 Jul 2006, 09:53

But you can't learn more than 3 abilities per skill though right?

Return to “Articles”