Spin the Skill Wheel

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 30 Jan 2008, 20:01

Oh, Ultimate Gating! You were speaking about urgash call before...

Ultimeta Gating is impossible to learn, you'll need the Pendant of Mastery artifact, which boosts your primary skill... Even above Expert level. This is the only way to get Ultimate Gating. But you don't really need it for anything, except becoming a real badass at gating.
Edited on Wed, Jan 30 2008, 15:09 by Ravenheart87

mike3337
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby mike3337 » 30 Jan 2008, 20:36

thanks you, you have been really helpfull , that memory mentor is a god to me know haha. one last thing, gate master or swarming gate? wich to you think is best?

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 30 Jan 2008, 20:40

Best is having both.:) Especially because Luck and Leadership are both very useful skills. If you have to choose frome these at level up, well... Swarming gate. You already have a luck boost from the skill, perhaps a few artifact, and it's efficiency depends on your luck attribute.

mike3337
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby mike3337 » 30 Jan 2008, 21:08

yes, but how to i get more luck? exept those 3 you get from expert luck and artifact, now i mean permanent , not those thing you get in 1 battle

and with urgash call i can gate even arch devils and pit lords?
Edited on Wed, Jan 30 2008, 16:24 by mike3337

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2008, 12:12

Seeing how more then 5 luck doesn't count those are enough...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 31 Jan 2008, 15:38

You can already gate them with Expert Gating. And 5 luck is good enough...

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Akul » 04 Feb 2008, 16:19

A Question for Aurelain:

If you have time, could you add Campaign heroes with unique abilities to the wheel?

Also, since LotA became so popular, could be possible to add heroes from there as well?
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

sigma1932
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby sigma1932 » 05 Feb 2008, 05:47

FTR: You need to not only have, but actually equip the Pendant of Mastery artifact, which gives the Ultimate Gating ability, to be able to gate tier-7 creatures (Devils, Archdevils, or Arch Demons). Short of cheating, there is no other way to get specifically "Ultimate Gating", which shouldn't be confused with Inferno's ultimate ability, Urgash's Call.

Urgash's Call only makes the gated creatures appear instantly when the gating ability is used (as opposed to there being a bit of time before they show up without it). It doesn't add the ability to gate tier-7's.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Feb 2008, 13:07

Why is it so hard to grasp the concept of Skills vs Abilities?! It's one of the good things (even if they need to work on the actual abilities a bit) they added to H5.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

achernar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby achernar » 07 Feb 2008, 05:07

Is this skill wheel only work for TotE?

I think both original and Hof still don't follow this skill wheel.
Edited on Sat, Feb 09 2008, 00:27 by achernar

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 07 Feb 2008, 05:50

This is skill wheel for tote expansion. hof and original had different ones.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Feb 2008, 12:24

Does HoF have a different one from vanilla?!

Zhiva
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Zhiva » 20 Jun 2008, 01:06

Thanks for the skill wheel. At last got my uber Mage to know all the spells (only skirmish, haven't finished Orcs Campaign yet). I also study and teach Arnis, and your wheel would help a lot to structurate the skils and principles of the art ... and a lot of other uses too. Is there a way to get/buy/borrow your .fla ?

Aurelain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Aurelain » 16 Aug 2008, 09:49

Zhiva, the thing with not giving away the fla is that I felt it's best to keep things centralized and not have unaccounted versions.

Btw, I still have people sending me emails about the Skillwheel. It seems 2.1 is also popular, and alas, it's not available on CH anymore. Once again, a link to one hosted by me: http://aurelain.ro/works/aurelain_skillwheel/

Mystic Phoenix
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mystic Phoenix » 16 Aug 2008, 15:17

Do you have a 2.1 wheel for downloading as well? Just in case your site will disappear from the web for unknown reasons in the future.
True heroes don't need a grid.
ImageImage

ritterdust
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby ritterdust » 20 Aug 2008, 01:26

I was just wondering about something. I'm doing research on how to develope my heroes and from different sites I found discrepencies. For example to get Unstoppable Charge for the Knight I had to go through Luck, Logistics, Light Magic, and Enlightentment, with certain skills, and it said nothing about going through defense which is stated on this wheel. I just want to know which is correct, and kudos on the wheel very helpful hopefully if I can find out which is correct.

ritterdust
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby ritterdust » 20 Aug 2008, 02:01

Added to below, the downloadable stategy guide says what i found on the other site, and it different from the wheel.

CatherineMcClarey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby CatherineMcClarey » 20 Aug 2008, 03:32

Would it be possible to print out a text version of the skill "tree" for the character class of one's choice? I never figured out how to access the skill wheel while playing a game of Heroes V (I just copied down by hand the skill progression required for a class' ultimate skill at times when I wasn't playing HOMM 5.). A text-only printout would be a bit easier for me to understand and consult while playing.

Aurelain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Aurelain » 21 Aug 2008, 20:54

The Skillwheels that are included in the official fan manual are just for this purpose. See the last pages of the pdf (http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... uals.shtml).

sam vimes
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby sam vimes » 23 Aug 2008, 17:35

poison master

hi guys

recently i've played with a friends map created with mapgenarator of tote v3.0. one of may friends played with dungen and he got folowing skills (http://www.sofiaphoto.com/main.php?g2_v ... emId=55635).

i didnt met poison master skill in any of hero types in wheel. i will try to find what are necessary skill to get it and will comment here.

Return to “Articles”