Spin the Skill Wheel

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Saturas
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Saturas » 04 Apr 2007, 00:46

Note that knight has only three unique perks while runemage has 16.

Rumple_Stilskin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Rumple_Stilskin » 09 Apr 2007, 13:37

Hey, I have a decently important update that should be considered on the skill wheel. I am currently playing a Necromancer and I just realized two major advancement issues that are not covered on this wheel.

Mark of the Necromancer, in the latest version 1.41, is no longer an ability inherited from Necromancy Skill. It is, in fact, inherited from the Master of Curses skill in the dark magic ability set.

So, Skeleton Archers is still a Necromancy ability, and IS needed if you ever want to raise skeleton archers from conquered enemies. Plus, in order to advance to the Howl of Terror ability, you must take the path through Dark Magic to Master of Curses to Mark of the Necromancer to Corrupted Soil, and then you can continue on towards Howl of Terror if you wish.

Well, you learn from your mistakes, I guess. Here I am with a full ability set under Dark Magic and I have no room for the Corrupted Soil ability, so therefore my progress is halted to reach the ultimate.

Oh, and there is a post on this forum that says you don't need Skeleton Archers anymore and that they are automatically raised. That is definitely NOT true.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Skill Wheel

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 09 Apr 2007, 15:45

Rumple_Stilskin wrote:Hey, I have a decently important update that should be considered on the skill wheel. I am currently playing a Necromancer and I just realized two major advancement issues that are not covered on this wheel.

Mark of the Necromancer, in the latest version 1.41, is no longer an ability inherited from Necromancy Skill. It is, in fact, inherited from the Master of Curses skill in the dark magic ability set.

So, Skeleton Archers is still a Necromancy ability, and IS needed if you ever want to raise skeleton archers from conquered enemies. Plus, in order to advance to the Howl of Terror ability, you must take the path through Dark Magic to Master of Curses to Mark of the Necromancer to Corrupted Soil, and then you can continue on towards Howl of Terror if you wish.

Well, you learn from your mistakes, I guess. Here I am with a full ability set under Dark Magic and I have no room for the Corrupted Soil ability, so therefore my progress is halted to reach the ultimate.

Oh, and there is a post on this forum that says you don't need Skeleton Archers anymore and that they are automatically raised. That is definitely NOT true.
Wait for 1.5
There is a major change in necromancy in HoF 2.1, but for some reason they aren't putting it in the base game until 1.5 :|

Basically, rather than automatically getting skeletons/archers with necromancy, you need to use "dark energy" to raise undead. Thus, you are limited in the amount you can raise per week (energy renews on day 1), but in exchange, you can raise any type of undead. The kind you can raise depends on what you kill. For example, most spell-casters are raised as liches. Most low-level ranged stacks are skeleton archers.

The skill wheel was updated to reflect the HoF changes, and so is no longer correct for some of the base game.

Rumple_Stilskin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Rumple_Stilskin » 09 Apr 2007, 23:45

Looks like I need to get Hammers of Fate as soon as I can.

Thanks

Saturas
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Saturas » 01 May 2007, 01:08

Is it true that it is impossible to obtain soulfire with demon lord when have 3 skills other than sorcery already taken, because when you select 3 other basic skills on the wheel soulfire disappears even though it only requires basic sorcery and consume corpses (example luck,attack,leadership)??

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 May 2007, 01:37

That sounds more like a mistake in the wheel.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Arthas89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Arthas89 » 08 May 2007, 06:05

I was reading the necromancy thing. What are dark energy points?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Akul » 08 May 2007, 07:55

Dark Energy is... well it is something that your nekromancers replenish every week and use to raise undead troops.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Arthas89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Arthas89 » 08 May 2007, 11:21

Okay, I am confused. In the game, I am using HoF v2, it says nothing about dark energy or chosing who to rez and stuff, all it rezzes is skelle archers. Also, on the skill will, the nekro skill goes 20,30,40, 50. In the game, it's going 5,10,15,20. Is there a patch thing I need to download, or what?

Arthas89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Arthas89 » 08 May 2007, 11:27

Nevermind, I found the patch for HoF
Edited on Tue, May 08 2007, 04:28 by Arthas89

MenegaBR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby MenegaBR » 18 May 2007, 20:19

Sweet

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Inisto » 25 Jul 2007, 15:16

I think that the Demon Lords super-racial-ability is too weak_(

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Jul 2007, 17:03

Someone isn't being serious :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Malto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Malto » 03 Aug 2007, 06:31

Hey Aurelain, the Skill Wheel is wrong on one thing:

It says Advanced and Expert stuff (Example: Luck) are not needed in order to get (still in Luck, and Demon Lord) Swarming Gate, but they do are needed!

I tested and you can't get it, simply. There is NO way you can get Swarming Gate without at least Advanced or Expert Luck (Don't remember which one required Expert Luck between Dead Man's Curse and Swarming Gate).

So yea... they are needed, and not only with Luck. Every basic skill.
Edited on Fri, Aug 03 2007, 02:31 by Malto

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Skill Wheel

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 03 Aug 2007, 14:58

Malto wrote:Hey Aurelain, the Skill Wheel is wrong on one thing:

It says Advanced and Expert stuff (Example: Luck) are not needed in order to get (still in Luck, and Demon Lord) Swarming Gate, but they do are needed!

I tested and you can't get it, simply. There is NO way you can get Swarming Gate without at least Advanced or Expert Luck (Don't remember which one required Expert Luck between Dead Man's Curse and Swarming Gate).

So yea... they are needed, and not only with Luck. Every basic skill.
Edited on Fri, Aug 03 2007, 02:31 by Malto
Unless it was updated after your post, the on-line version of the skill wheel does indeed indicate that advanced luck is needed for Swarming gate. Is this a problem on the stand-alone version of the wheel?

cywang86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby cywang86 » 05 Sep 2007, 02:46

Found a bug on the wheel for Demon Lord

Soulfire under Sorcery is disabled after choosing Urgash's Call. However, it's still obtainable afterwards by picking up Basic Sorcery and Hellfire.

Galib
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Galib » 18 Sep 2007, 00:28

Why is it, that to get the super racial skill, you get soldier's luck when only one creature gets the benifits. While Haven could use soldier's luck and you can't get it and Unstoppable charge????
Edited on Sun, Sep 30 2007, 06:39 by Galib

Galib
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Galib » 18 Sep 2007, 01:04

Oh and, This appears to be the most visited page, so, um, I can't seem to get avatar picture. A little help please? -Galib

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Skill Wheel

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Sep 2007, 02:40

You need to go into the forum to get a new avatar.

Oh, and i liked the previous look better, the skills being on the outside looks a bit off.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Aku
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Aku » 28 Sep 2007, 10:41

Advanced and Expert Shatter Light have the same decription as Basic one.

Return to “Articles”