Spin the Skill Wheel

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
menyus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby menyus » 10 Dec 2006, 13:01

These ultimates are driving me mad... I wanted to get Nature's Luck, but it cannot be obtained during the campaign. Then I got myself after Ultimate Protection, which would: 1, make your hero nearly invincible and 2, would be really funny. Then at around the 23th level I was offered 4 such skills from which none fits the ultimate. I had to reload an earlier savegame when my hero was 1 level lower and choose another skill there to solve the problem, ok, I can bear it once. But then I realized that I dont have a chance to reach the ultimate, cause I'd still need 8 skills and I'm on the last mission... Grrr... And of course those about 3 or 4 witch huts that I met were so late in the game that they never wanted to help me (does anyone know till when they do? Is it a certain level limit or a skill limit or when you have all your slots filled and she would have another skill?). :S

By the way most of the ultimates seem to be too hard to get compared to the benefit they offer; Nature's Luck and Ultimate Protection seem to be overpowered to me, Arcane Omniscence and Urgash' Call are "ok" (really strong ones, but not as good as the ones operating with luck though), and then the Knight and Necro ones do seem to worth all the fuss... Am I right?

And does anyone know anything about Retribution in details? I mean some hard numbers, what the bonuses are for the different morale modifiers.

menyus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby menyus » 10 Dec 2006, 13:04

What I meant is that the Knight and Necro ones do _not_ worth it at all for the first glance, sorry.

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 11 Dec 2006, 05:30

I don't know the Knight ultimate as I never had it, but Necro ultimate is quite devastating!
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Re: Skill Wheel

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 11 Dec 2006, 18:48

menyus wrote:And of course those about 3 or 4 witch huts that I met were so late in the game that they never wanted to help me (does anyone know till when they do? Is it a certain level limit or a skill limit or when you have all your slots filled and she would have another skill
A witch hut offers you a particular secondary skill. If you already have 6 skills, and this isn't one of them, then you will not be offered.

If you have the skill, but not at expert with 3 abilities, then you will be given either another level of proficiency, or an ability. I am not certain how it decides, but if you have the maximum abilities for your skill level, then the skill will be advanced; if you are at expert, you will get an ability.
If you are at basic with no abilities or advanced with 0 or 1 abilities, I don't know which it gives.

Saturas
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Saturas » 12 Dec 2006, 23:05

About retribution here is what it says in H5 official manual:Damage is increased by 5% per morale point above 0 (negative morale does not count).

menyus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby menyus » 13 Dec 2006, 12:09

Thanks mates, you are really helpful.

What I received was:

either saying that "she thinks you already know too much" (thats the end of a longer message) or sometimes the message saying "skill not available" or something like this, and this latter one appears looking like a "not enough movement points" message for example, ie in no separate message box, but a yellow message on the adventure screen. By the way I have already finished the Dwarven campaign (unfortunately :( ) without the ultimate; in the end I still would've needed 5 skill points... Too bad.

Lord Zeus
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Lord Zeus » 17 Dec 2006, 11:35

Aurelain, I really like what you've done. Great job.

Besides the probabilities for skills could you put the prob. for atributes for each race?

This is an image of what I was thinking. It also includes individual hero selection.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7576 ... eelhj6.jpg
Edited on Thu, Jan 04 2007, 06:39 by Lord Zeus

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 17 Dec 2006, 13:29

Thanks yet again Aurelain, yo do a great job with those wheels ;)

otaku-kun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby otaku-kun » 20 Dec 2006, 00:47

Did anyone notice that Scholar can now only be used to teach but not to learn from other heroes?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Jan 2007, 21:46

These wheels are proving their usefulness - nay: their invaluability - time and time again. Allow me to say on the entire Community's behalf: Aurelain, you rock.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Skill Wheel

Unread postby HodgePodge » 15 Jan 2007, 22:28

Kalah wrote:These wheels are proving their usefulness - nay: their invaluability - time and time again. Allow me to say on the entire Community's behalf: Aurelain, you rock.
Agree! :applause:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 05 Feb 2007, 03:48

I found out what took Nival so long with 2.1, they had to recolor Spirit Link as Mark of the Necromancer, big job there :P It used to be purple, though I am glad they did. It would have looked weird if they hadn't.

2.1 Necro changes forever!

Thanks Aurelain, man you are fast too, only a mere week after launch. Good Job :)

kingcranium14
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby kingcranium14 » 05 Feb 2007, 03:50

So Skeleton Archers isn't even availiable any more?

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 05 Feb 2007, 03:56

Its been revamped so that you raise all undead creatures depending on what you are fighting, a kin to H4 Necromancy. Thus Skeleton Archers can be raised from the get go. No need for the skill. So ya, its bye bye.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Wildbear » 05 Feb 2007, 05:41

Looks like necromancy gets closer to what it should be, that's a very good change. Does "Herald of Death" reflect those changes ?
Image Spiritu Insanum

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Feb 2007, 13:04

Well, H4 depended on the level of necromancy while in H5 it depends on the stacks you fight. I believe it's the most interesting change I've seen in H5 concept and gameplay-wise.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Wildbear » 05 Feb 2007, 15:57

So? I did it before, long ago :p

https://www.celestialheavens.com/112

What I'd like to know is if all the ways to turn a creature into an undead creature give the same result in H5. It's a very good change, but I hope it's consistent. I also believe it would be much more interesting without all those creature upgrades.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 07 Feb 2007, 14:12

Yeah, getting an non-upgraded stack of 200 zombies when you have plague zombies and a full roster of troops is a pain... :(

This is creature based ya', but in H4 is was creature + Skill level, and you will have Expert Necromancy *long* before you start fighting harder guys, so its the same really.

I love it though =) Dark Energy really adds a good layer of thinking.

"Rose Knights! Harken and follow to victory!" < Some guy in the book I'm writing.

SAITAN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby SAITAN » 19 Mar 2007, 21:16

how come the runemages get more skills than others?

Abaddon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Wheel

Unread postby Abaddon » 03 Apr 2007, 20:45

This is perfect, just what I needed for my work.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Return to “Articles”