M&M on Windows XP

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 08 Aug 2006, 20:52

I personali never had any problem with all MaM (Vi - IX) on W.XP.. Only in MaM VII I had to chanthe grapihck engin from the PC default to MaM Graphick... that All.. especialy with MaM VI where no problems =-O

slipknot377
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby slipknot377 » 08 Aug 2006, 21:03

ya i dont no anyone bsides me who has had a problem installing the game thts y help has been so hard to find no1 has been able 2 help me and i stayed up till 6am trying to figure out how 2 get it to install :(

MM7today
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby MM7today » 27 Sep 2006, 18:11

I just installed MM8 and i can play it and stuff, but i dont get any music. help please!

RichardRahl
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby RichardRahl » 09 Oct 2006, 20:59

For the ones that have problems during the installation of M&M 6, 7 and 8:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/Solutions_M ... tml#166473

I haven't tried that solution yet, but i hope it will work.

Enjoy!
Edited on Mon, Oct 09 2006, 15:00 by RichardRahl

gamer4596
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby gamer4596 » 19 Oct 2006, 18:49

i tried the fix for mm7 with the compatility to 98 and changing sound in directx, It will load to the main scren where it says loading please wait..... And I get the microsoft error that it has encountered a prob. needs to shutdown, What now?

gamer4596
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby gamer4596 » 19 Oct 2006, 18:52

also It wouldn't let me download Application Compatibility Toolkit from that link and i searched for it at microsoft it no longer is avil.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Oct 2006, 19:12

You can try from here.

magerette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby magerette » 31 Oct 2006, 23:09

This is really great--have MM7 up and running for the first time in years!Thanks to everybody who posted the links for Mok's patch, cuz that's what finally made it work. Also, I have full sound, even my character voices which I remember so well! I didn't use the MS App Compatability Toolkit at all as far as I know but it downloaded fine from your link.

Anyway, thanks again.

LoneDruid
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby LoneDruid » 18 Nov 2006, 18:36

Oh, man! I know everything about MM7 and i really like it but i cant't find it. Someone help me...i don't know how but plz help!!!!!

TwoEwil

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby TwoEwil » 13 Jan 2007, 17:58

HI everybody I have a problem I am agreat fan of M&M but I just missed the 9th one. So I am looking where to download it

TwoEwil

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby TwoEwil » 13 Jan 2007, 18:02

Is anyone here? Those a the best games every but I really would like to play M&M 9 and I just cant find it they dont sell it anymore... pls sombody help..:((

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby Angelspit » 13 Jan 2007, 18:15

MM9 is for sale at Amazon (around $10), among others. We will *not* give you links to warez sites, if that's what you are looking for.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

nythauk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby nythauk » 24 Jan 2007, 10:39

I'm new to the creative aspect of MMIV and need to know how to insert, or rather, where to insert the downloadable content found on this site. For instance, how do you get the artifacts to come up in the listing when you try to add them to a new menu such as "New Stuff", or whatever you name it. Please, if anyone can help and keep the answer in layman's terms, I'd much appreciate it. Working hard to learn this as I'm disabled and this game is the most fun I've found for my laptop. Adding items, etc., and making scenarios, and campaigns is a great way to help me escape some problems otherwise making life miserable. Thanks! J. Nythauk

Donner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Donner » 24 Jan 2007, 12:10

Hey

I've read the whole thread, but i still have a problem with Might and Magic VI.
I installed the game and tried to install the patch 1.2. However, everytime i start the patch he asks me, where the Might and Magic VI Directory is located. I then tell him that it is under C:\Programme files\Might and Magic VI

When i click ok i get the following error Message: Old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? I really wanna play ;)
Just so to get this right, i need to install 1.2, then 1.3 Moks Patch and then i can play?

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 24 Jan 2007, 12:58

Do you have the english version of MM6 ?

Donner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Donner » 24 Jan 2007, 22:20

Actually i have a German version.
Does that make any difference?

EDIT: Somehow i got it to work, but no its still on patch 1.0 and i can't install eiter 1.2 or Mok's patch.
Anyone has an idea?

Donner
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Donner » 25 Jan 2007, 16:02

Man, this is drving me nuts. It worked yesterday, don't ask me how or why?
Now, when i try to start the game this error message comes up:
More Hard Drive Space Required
Due to Window Virtual Memory requirements Might and Magic VI requires 30 MB of free hard drive space to operate properly

Available on Current Drive 3560k

The thing is i have 56 GB free. I don't get it and its killing me, i wanna play the game :ill:

Hir
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby Hir » 25 Mar 2007, 17:19

my mm7 loads but an error pops up stopping it...d:\mm7src_eng\mm7\code\screen16.cpp at line number:16...It's a direct draw error,whatever that is...help pls =(

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 12 Apr 2007, 22:39

>Man, this is drving me nuts. It worked yesterday, don't ask me how >or why?

>Now, when i try to start the game this error message comes up:

>More Hard Drive Space Required

>Due to Window Virtual Memory requirements Might and Magic VI >requires 30 MB of free hard drive space to operate properly

>Available on Current Drive 3560k

Donnor, I think Telp's patch fixes this. It worked for me.

http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/anyboard/posts/27430.html

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

M&M on Windows XP

Unread postby jeffh » 06 Oct 2007, 07:03

Just thought I'd mention that the setup programs for (at least) M&M6 and 7 are incompatible with the BitTorrent client ABC. They simply will not run if ABC is running! So if you're installing these (and possibly other) M&M games, and you happen to use this client, close ABC and then CTRL-ALT-Delete and get rid of ALL instances of ABC (and Setup.exe, if you've already unsuccessfully tried running it) from the Processes tab. Both ABC and setup.exe will often appear more than once here, so sort them alphabetically and make sure you've shut all of them down! After doing this, you should be able to run the setup program with no problems.

This problem only affects the setup program, not the game itself.

Return to “Articles”