System Requirements Q&A

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

System Requirements Q&A

Unread postby Kalah » 30 Apr 2015, 21:22

After the proposed system requirements for <i>Heroes VII</i> were published, fans reacted somewhat with disbelief, as they were setting the bar very high for players. Essentially, it seemed like you'd need a very powerful computer to be able to play this game. This upset some people and prompted Celestial Heavens to do a short Q&A about it.

<a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/847">Read the Q&A here</a>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/847
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

cori14
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby cori14 » 30 Apr 2015, 22:36

Good to know. Hope they polish it and make a better release than H6.

Fuddelbaerentatze
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Fuddelbaerentatze » 01 May 2015, 00:28

Don't care - if this game turns out to be good, i will still playing it after I have upgraded my hardware several times. Maybe I have to play on low settings in the beginning, but the next hardware upgrade should fix that. Concerning level editors, those always were heavy on resources. Even the H3 and H4 editors where heavy tasks if you don't disabled animations on large maps.

But if the game turns out to be a disappointment, then no hardware no matter how powerful will help.

prichindel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby prichindel » 01 May 2015, 06:27

Great, but I think you should ask also about mobile GPUs support.

Kenshinzen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Kenshinzen » 01 May 2015, 10:59

Me thinks I need a better CPU :-P

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby King Imp » 01 May 2015, 14:07

You know what I hear when I read #3's answer?

"Once again we have no clue how to simplify a map editor and it's still going to be nearly impossible to learn like it was with Heroes VI."

Heaven forbid someone actually looks at the H3 editor and gets a clue.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 May 2015, 14:21

If anything, Ubisoft should look at HoMM4 map editor. You can say whatever you want about game itself but its editor is the best in HoMM saga.

Khalbrae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Khalbrae » 01 May 2015, 14:51

Hey Kalah, I just wanted to say. Keep up the great work.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Kalah » 01 May 2015, 22:05

Thanks. Short and sweet. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 02 May 2015, 13:54

Avonu wrote:If anything, Ubisoft should look at HoMM4 map editor. You can say whatever you want about game itself but its editor is the best in HoMM saga.

That one was good too. I only go back to the H3 editor because as someone who hated having to place mountains and trees individually all over the place, the paint and draw feature of the H3 editor was awesome. That, and it would place the proper objects based on the land it was drawn on.

All I know is whoever is in charge of the editor for H5 & H6 needs to stop making it so convoluted and go back to the simplicity of H3 & H4. The amount of maps made by the community, which has dwindled with each passing game, should be an indication of something wrong.

Out of curiosity, I just did a search of maps made here. Numbers don't lie.
H3: 464
H4: 258
H5: 153
H6: 4

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 02 May 2015, 20:24

@King Imp: The numbers here do indeed speak for themselves. Just take a look at Heroes VI's weak performance. It makes me wonder this: could it be that the rumours about Black Hole using another game's "recycled" map editor software for the basis of their HVI project be true after all?
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 03 May 2015, 11:54

I never heard that rumor before about using someone else's editor. Might make sense as to why it was so drastically different than the H5 one.

Oh, and to be fair as CH isn't the only place that posts maps, here are numbers pulled from Maps4Heroes.com.

H3: 1242
H4: 631
H5: 715
H6: 70

While there is a slight uptick this time between H4 & H5, the numbers once again take a drastic tumble when it comes to H6.

Yup, keep making that editor more confusing guys! :disagree:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Kalah » 05 May 2015, 14:53

@prichindel: Done. Q&A updated.

prichindel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby prichindel » 05 May 2015, 16:16

@Kalah: Thank you!

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby crislevin » 06 May 2015, 12:43

If I can't run it, I won't buy it. Simple as that.

I have 860M+i7-4710 Asus ROG and desktop with AMD AThlon iix4 640+7950. I spent quite a bit for these things and not about to spend another 2k for one game.

The absurd chasing of highest graphic is destroying sales of HoMM series. They need to seriously stop this.
Edited on Wed, May 06 2015, 08:43 by crislevin

Rife
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Rife » 07 May 2015, 03:10

I could run H6 once in a blue moon on my laptop... and I don't have a desktop anymore. :( Things do not look good for me playing H7.
------
http://rifeprime.labrute.fr <-Wierd but fun french fighting game

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Kalah » 07 May 2015, 12:11

The only advantage of new games being resource demanding is the stimulation they give towards purchasing new hardware, which will of course enable one to play other games as well as the one you really want. That, and to use other resource heavy software like video/image editors, of course.

Oakwarrior
Biclops
Biclops

Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Oakwarrior » 07 May 2015, 14:35

We are actually taking a fair bit of inspiration from the H4 editor, KingImp :)

Useability is a top priority. But please still consider, that everything pre-H5 was 2D - it brings a fair bit of extra work to make it "human-friendly" :p
ImageImage

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 09 May 2015, 16:00

That's good to hear Oak and I can appreciate that it takes a bit more work, but I cannot accept that what we got for H6 was the best they could do. There was little difference between H5 and H6, yet I had no problem using the H5 editor. The H6 editor on the other hand required a Masters degree in architecture and mathematics to understand.

How hard is it to just allow us to place objects and have it work? Not everything needs to be about scripts. No, instead everything was a convoluted mess that required 10 steps to just do the most basic of things. Don't even get me started on needing to draw where battles were allowed to take place. Yeah, that was necessary. ;|

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes VII Q&A 2

Unread postby Pitsu » 12 May 2015, 06:36

Oakwarrior wrote:But please still consider, that everything pre-H5 was 2D - it brings a fair bit of extra work to make it "human-friendly" :p
Whose decision it was to not have it 2D, and therefore not "human-friendly", anymore?

Return to “Articles”