MMX Pre-released & Previewed

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
jeff

Re: MMX Preview

Unread postby jeff » 20 Aug 2013, 17:37

Ya5MieL wrote:Unfortunately, boxed edition doesn't seem to be available for me from uPlay (Croatia), so i will pass on this until i find a way to grab a box.
*sadface*
Yeah I don't know where the boxed edition will be available; hopefully world-wide, but that is the edition I am waiting for and will pre-order it. As of right now I can't find where that is available.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 20 Aug 2013, 18:27

Not here too. And according to new Ubisoft info, boxed edition won't be in North America for sure.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Aug 2013, 18:45

Avonu wrote:> Not here too.
Wait, there will be no boxed edition of MMX in the City of Griffin? :P

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 20 Aug 2013, 18:52

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Aug 2013, 18:58

Avonu wrote:Not here too. And according to new Ubisoft info, boxed edition won't be in North America for sure.
I don't understand the constraints that do not allow the boxed edition to be sold in the US. I may have to rethink my commitment to buy; if they don't have the commitment to make it available everywhere. :mad:

Ok it's been an hour and I have rethought it. I will still buy it as I am intrigued by the modding package. If I can figure that out it opens some very interesting possibilities. :)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 20 Aug 2013, 22:50

Re the bows still the same; requiring no arrows?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Preview

Unread postby Kalah » 20 Aug 2013, 23:09

It seems there will be unlimited arrows.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Aug 2013, 13:12

Kalah wrote:It seems there will be unlimited arrows.
I don't have a problem with that as the previous chapters were this way; it's all in how much logistics you want in a game. Wizardry and others had depleting arrow supplies, so it really is a matter of taste

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

MMX Preview

Unread postby crislevin » 21 Aug 2013, 14:04

Notice a good thing: you don't need to learn any skill from a certain house/shop/person, etc. Just pull up skill book and put a point onto that skill, its learned automatically.

The tile based movement is slowly growing on me, I just don't know if there is enough old school players who will tolerate the learning curve to let it grow on them. This definitely need to be adjusted somehow in future game. The developers listed many reasons for not doing free movement in this game, and at this late stage, there may be too many technical difficulties to implement it in this game.

To compensate tile based movement, the game has to make the content more fun and exciting. I hope thats being done, since they stated they used tile based system so they can free up time to do other things better.

One thing many people pointed out already, is the easily broken weapon, fast day/night switch, insufficient store re-stocking of supplies. Fixing these would help greatly the game experience. Its slow enough already on a grid, it becomes tedious when you have to run between towns and fields every 5 minutes on the big tile "chess board", thereby spending most time moving step by step doing meaningless labor.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Aug 2013, 15:11

@crislevin

I agree with pretty much everything you said; I don't see why they at least didn't use a hexagonal tile system, that would at least allowed for diagonal movement.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

MMX Preview

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 21 Aug 2013, 16:02

So, I can confirm that boxed version won't be available for Croatia, and judging by one tweet from ubi support earlier it seems to be the case for some other countries as well"Ubisoft Support ‏@UbisoftSupport 5h

@JaromirSebela Unfortunately we're unable to ship items to the Czech Republic and as such the physical copy will not appear on the website.."

In the end I believe the game box is only available in as few countries as boxed edition of H6 was.

Sad about this but i will pass on the game as i cannot support this.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Aug 2013, 18:13

Ya5MieL wrote:In the end I believe the game box is only available in as few countries as boxed edition of H6 was.

Sad about this but i will pass on the game as i cannot support this.
I understand and sympathize with your position. I truly believe it is time that Ubisoft comes clean and state exactly why these things are restricted. They bought the rights in a bankruptcy court here in the US and I don't recall any restrictions placed on them when they bought it. ;|

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Aug 2013, 20:15

I cannot support it either; as the manager of an M&M fansite whose majority of members are from North America, it's completely unacceptable to me.

The reason I'm guessing has something to do with this not being a AAA game and Ubisoft not wanting the increased distribution costs.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Aug 2013, 20:44

It is mystifying as I went ahead and bought the game and paid for a disc back up, which they are shipping to me. So what is the problem with the other materials. ;|

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 22 Aug 2013, 19:40

One question, becuase I am not sure, is this 50 space inventory for all team or each member has own 50 psace inventory?

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

MMX Preview

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 22 Aug 2013, 20:27

Inventory is party shared. Might have more than 1 page tho.
Edited on Thu, Aug 22 2013, 16:28 by Ya5MieL

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Aug 2013, 22:55

Avonu wrote:One question, becuase I am not sure, is this 50 space inventory for all team or each member has own 50 psace inventory?
As mentioned it is a shared inventory, like potions automatically stacked, and so only take up 1 slot, but weapons and such did not stack . Whether 50 different items will be limiting or not I can't say.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

MMX Preview

Unread postby Ryder » 23 Aug 2013, 11:05

crislevin wrote:Notice a good thing: you don't need to learn any skill from a certain house/shop/person, etc. Just pull up skill book and put a point onto that skill, its learned automatically.
I find that a bad thing, almost as bad as auto levelup.

Day/night cycle is ridiculously quick.
The game forces you too rest too often. Give me atleast 18 hours of up time before been forced to nap.
Weapons break way too easily.
Waiting for enemies to move when red light is on is painfully slow.
The automap from MM2 is better than what's been delivered here.

I could go on forever.

To me, it's a Might and Magic game in name only.

StoneCold
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMX Preview

Unread postby StoneCold » 31 Aug 2013, 01:25

Barrels???

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Sep 2013, 19:23

Ryder wrote: To me, it's a Might and Magic game in name only.
I agree with many of your points, but I disagree here. It has all of the feel of a Might and Magic game. Remember this version is not much more than an alpha and many items will/should be adjusted; such as the rest cycle, weapons breaking and the long wait for the AI to finish its move. Others need to be improved such as the minimap, the attacking of opponents and though a long shot improvement in the movement system.

@StoneCold
There are barrels but most hold items and are not the colored barrels of the past. :(

Return to “Articles”