MMX Q&A #2

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Apr 2013, 00:12

I would prefer the free movement system of MM6-8, but I realize they are taking a leap back into a genre (turn based rpg) that has been largely ignored by the gaming companies. I can live with tile based movement if it helps contribute to a financially successful game that leads to more of the same with innovations like free movement added in sequels. That makes the assumption that the product they deliver warrants our support. One question I have is there going to be a fly spell and/or water walk. I missed any references to those. My guess is fly will add cost to the project and may not be implemented.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Noneotherthan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMX Q&A #2

Unread postby Noneotherthan » 22 Aug 2013, 17:26

Started with MM at 4 played through to 8, stopped halfway through 9. Never played any HoMMs (make gasping noise now). I agree with a few previous posts - i think turn based combat should be an option/toggle. But also I really miss free movement. I can appreciate the attention to earlier games in the series by making the movement tick based, but wasn't it created that way due to engine/pc limitations of the day back then? I absolutely loved the fly spell when it was introduced in Mandate, and severely disappointed when it disappeared in IX (among other things).

Also a fan of the "paper doll" interface, since you never actually get to see your characters in the main view.

Return to “Articles”