MMX Q&A #1 Released

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 27 Mar 2013, 01:44

Indeed, and the older the school, the better!

. . . except for automaps. I like every possible indicator to be on my automap at all times. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby hellegennes » 27 Mar 2013, 05:04

The motto is "old school-new rules". Hence, changing previously established mechanics applies to the new rules.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby Tress » 27 Mar 2013, 14:15

1) Will game feature any sort of hirelings. Extra character slots (mm3), passive bonus type guys(mm6-7), mix of both(mm9)

2) Will game have linear or nonlinear plot line (if not non-linear, then how will choices be implemented and how they will affect story)

3) What will be dialogue/character interaction with world system. (actual dialogue like modern game,system where you ask any topic to npc like wizardry 8/ w&w, or classic mm version of some lines with opinion on topic)

4)Some words on game UI - will game have decent paper dolls, will game have static faces we see in demo/trailer or are those placeholders.

5) If possible minor spoiler on plot/connection to old games - will it feature animal themed cult, what is amount of sci-fi material(almost none as in mmix or huge part like 6-7)

6) Will there be any minor classic/retro game play elements retained (which are mostly abolished in modern games) - gems, character age, food.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 28 Mar 2013, 14:16

I'm concerned by the lack of minimap on the PAX demo. So here is my question, Kalah:

In older m&m we had a minimap on the normal screen, plus the normal map acceded by a hotkey. Will M&M X have a system like this?
Patience is less common than the common sense

JustTimmY
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby JustTimmY » 29 Mar 2013, 18:44

It would be good if M&M10 had free-roam and turn-based modes like in M&M6-8.

This movement by tiles in my opinion is good for dungeons. Outside you should move freely.

I bet the maps will be a lot smaller and you will be able to move only where is road which will suck.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby Sir Charles » 30 Mar 2013, 00:40

There will indeed be an automap/mini-map. At PAX that was one of the things I asked julien. He said they just hadn't implemented it yet.

And to Ryder, I didn't get a straight answer in regards to the trainers...but it sounded like they hadn't decided one way or the other. I agree that you should visit and pay for training. Odd otherwise IMO.

And yes there will be hirelings. You can even see the 2 slots for them in the screenshots.
Edited on Fri, Mar 29 2013, 20:41 by Sir Charles
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Re: MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 30 Mar 2013, 20:52

Ryder wrote:Can I ask a question or two please?

Is there going to be a map editor? I'd like to remake Darkside.
Is there a fly spell like MM2 where you land on a certain square in say B2? Is the map like that? (A1-A4, B1-B4 etc etc).
Is there a Lloyds Beacon Spell?
Is there a Jump spell?
Is there a Time Distortion spell?
Why dont you have to visit a trainer to go up levels?
Is there going to be a DVD version for people who are allergic to downloading games?
Is there going to be a demo?
How many spells are there?
How many quests are there?
Is there an automap to see what squares you havent mapped yet?
Is there pathfinding and mountaineering skills?
Are there promotion quests for the classes?

That will do for now.
Adding more to the list: Can we kill peasants?

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby hellegennes » 30 Mar 2013, 21:26

I too have a question, which I believe is important:

How big will the game be in terms of its world (ie how many cities, areas and dungeons).

jeff

MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby jeff » 01 Apr 2013, 02:30

I must say the answers were what I wanted to hear; let's hope it continues to be so.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

MMX Q&A #1

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 01 Apr 2013, 06:21

Okay, so game is tile-based. wtf?

Return to “Articles”