Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - No Country for Orc F

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
gsandro1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gsandro1 » 25 Nov 2012, 23:14

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/799

gsandro1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gsandro1 » 25 Nov 2012, 23:14

Thanks again for the great walk through, it has been a great journey to follow your help since the beginning. Although in this case I decided to go for Blood and Might with Sandor.

The plan is to play both ending missions of the game!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Jul 2013, 11:24

Blood does work better with a might hero; i did that with Crag Hack's campaign and was not disappointed. The specials stack better, and at higher levels, you can take out that pesky ranged stack (or other) with your ultimate technique on the first turn, no magic needed. Actually does a bit more damage than implode does at the same level on a magic hero. also lots of useful skills get boosted by blood, like pressed attack, archery, etc. I was taking out armies with just crag hack and a handful of furies, using pressed attack by itself, and it fuels the racial gauge quickly too.

that said, going the other way would have made life much easier against all the fire elementals, and here, since there is a lot of sieging to be done, the magic resistance will be uber useful.

just saying, for those wondering, both choices here are workable.

Also, if you decide to go with a custom hero, IMO the best trait by far is the +2 range to harpies/furies. I can't count the number of times this has come in handy, both offensively and defensively. the only other trait that even comes close is spirit walker, and that really only for your first ten levels or so.

Edited on Tue, Jul 30 2013, 23:36 by Sir_Toejam

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Jul 2013, 11:32

" in my game I was never able to get Sandor's rage to level 3 or 4 even at the very end of the campaign. "

I found the only real way to get the rage bar up quick was to throw in hero attacks. the buildings that are supposed to boost rage don't seem to work.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 30 Jul 2013, 03:40

another skill to consider, especially if you have at least level 4 arachne and you are going tears, is to pick ice armor. cast it on your orcs before they get hit or attack, it slows enemies, gives your orcs about the same level of might defense as stone skin (at least against the stacks you will face in the first two missions), and your orcs do +20% damage on top, meaning your lifedrain will be that much more effective. plus, it only costs 10 mana, which you regenerate every day with the set pieces you will get from the first mission. I haven't needed to cast a heal yet.

Return to “Articles”