A Pirate's Daughter → The Strait of the Lost

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 19 Jul 2005, 22:10

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/190

AlannaTrebond424
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AlannaTrebond424 » 19 Jul 2005, 22:10

I'm having trouble finishing this scenario... The game won't let me win. :-( I built the Eye of Chaos and everything...

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 20 Jul 2005, 03:09

Does everything include killing the red flagged mermaids?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 20 Jul 2005, 10:46

After building the Eye of Chaos, you should eliminate red player (mermaids)!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

therealateam
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

A Pirate's Daughter → The Strait of the Lost

Unread postby therealateam » 18 May 2008, 05:05

cant finish level for the strait of the lost. ive killed all mermaids - even says that red has lost and build the eye of chaos and i still havent won! What's wrong, what else do i need to do?????

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: A Pirate's Daughter → The Strait of the Lost

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 01 Feb 2021, 19:00

I accidentally killed the last of the mermaids prematurely, so I reloaded and went back to finish building up Cyrca. I installed the Eye of Chaos, built Tawny and Pete to L23 and Cyrca to L21. I went back and the Mermaids weren't there. The guild showed there was no red army.

I save at the end of each week, I went back 4 weeks and the last two Mermaids stack were there. I really didn't want to replay those 4 weeks, not any challenge except for a few stacks, dragons, water elementals, Efreet.. Mostly bookkeeping so I could be sure all my heroes had hit all the stat improvement buildings.

I didn't want to do that over so I looked up the cheat code to win the scenario!

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 26 Jan 2023, 17:32

Straits of the Lost (Max 23)

Once again Champion is just too hard for the computer AI. After a slow start there weren't any challenges from the AI. I think this campaign would be more entertaining on Expert or even Advanced.

All of the quest gates require Tawni to pass.

Some excerpts from my Journal. BTW, one helpful hint about managing your game. I keep a worksheet, so I know which heroes have visited which locations. Is there a way to attach a file?

Week 1, Tawni isn't built for single combat against dozens of Sea Monsters. This last battle against 30 SMs took 40 minutes.

Week 2-4, Took 4 asylums.

Week 5, Tawni took Blue's stronghold and eliminated Blue. Tawni took a neutral stronghold in the SW. The Green Keymaster was guarded by 15 TBs. After one H&R, Tawni went back with 5 TBs and 5 ghosts to finish them off.

Week 6, Put together Tawni, Pete, 4 BDs, 5 TBs and 150 ghosts to challenge the 13 BDs guarding the Red Keymaster. Lost 3 BDs, unacceptable, reloaded to assemble a larger army.

Week 7, came back with 6 BDs, 5 TBs 16 efreets, 205 ghosts, lost 5 TBs, 5 efreets and 44 ghosts.

Split my main army and sent Tawni to rescue Cyra. Bad news, 21 BDs guard access to the Prison.

Week 8, Took Green's last town, Green eliminated. Tawni maxed out. Pulling together an army big enough to take out 21 BDs is taking forever. Maybe H&R with Tawni and Pete is the way to go?

Week 9, Tawni and Pete killed 19/23 BDs, could have won with more PoIs. Came back and rescued Cyrca. I had been giving Tawni all the one-time boosts, now Cyrca will get most of them.

Week 10, Pete took to the sea to hunt the mermaids. Building 2 support armies.

Week 11-12, Retrieved the treasure from the White, Blue and Green Oracles.

Week 13, Pete can't reach the Gold Oracle w/o Tawni! I'm idling while building up Cyrca.

Week 15, Cyrca maxed out at the ToK. Dug up Grail and killed the last Mermaids on the same turn. Won on 4,3,5.

Huge army, 3 L23 heroes, 54 BDs, 49 TBs, 41 Efreeti & 1055 ghosts. This army could move 77 on water and 45 on land. There were 2 supporting armies that could beat any neutral left, led by 4 heroes, L11 to 13. There were 12 Order Lords L7-L10 that chipped in nearly 10K gold per turn.

MudElemental
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MudElemental » 13 May 2023, 21:17

I've completed this scenerio on Equilibris mod easly, without conquering Rumport before absolutely necessery (meaning, digging up the grail). This way the city is safe and scenerio is failure-proof; AI players don't travel via sea and the only land-way is blocked, unless Tawni opens the tower.

I've sailed west, took the barbarian towns and travelled via portal/ferry/underground to the east, easier this way.

Return to “Articles”