Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Bright

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Pyroxene
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pyroxene » 25 Jan 2012, 00:42

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/804

Pyroxene
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pyroxene » 25 Jan 2012, 00:42

The boss's auto-ability to reduce damage from melee units significantly means factions with 2 or more ranged units will fare better than the rest. I also obtained the achievement for not having multiple units hit by the boss's breath attack, even though I got hit a gadzillon times by it. Probably another bugged achievement.

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 16 Feb 2012, 16:18

the tale is so moronic that it makes a new low in Ubihole's gamemaking. The dragon of malassa is really Kate, the Griffin brood's mother. Slava's kids spent the whole game levelling up and gaining stat boosts so that they could kill their mother.

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 04 Apr 2012, 03:26

Thankyou maltz. Have enjoyed playing all the campaigns thanks to your excellent Walkthroughs. :)

ToniG
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ToniG » 16 May 2012, 19:49

Chapeau Maltz! Your walkthroughs are very well made! ;)

gsandro1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gsandro1 » 26 Jan 2013, 13:53

Finally after almost a year I am finishing with Heroes VI. I played this map twice with two of my best Blood type heroes (Anastasya and Sandor), in the first case the first enemy castle in less than a week time and in second few days after.

Overall, the map is ok to play in hard, although it is not in my opinion as challenging as it should be for a final scenario.

Thanks Maltz for the great guidance and the walkthrough.

ps Raelag as it appears at the end, it does not look like the original hero, only the name is his.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Dark with Excessive Brigh

Unread postby wimfrits » 26 Jan 2013, 18:42

cjlee wrote:Slava's kids spent the whole game levelling up and gaining stat boosts so that they could kill their mother.
:rofl:
Probably the most original HoMM story line so far.

@gsandro1: The map gets more challenging if you play faster ;)
I actually had 2 out of the 3 most exciting combats of the campaign in this map
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 30 Aug 2013, 03:46

sounds like a good mission for armageddon Kiril (or the custom version: Ignus, in my case), with no other inferno to face.

burn baby, burn.

AGAIN, as with the tears mission, there are NO HEROES for hire in this mission. time to update the walkthrough.

Yup, the combination of Ignus with the full magister set and staff of urgash, and Sarah with the full Warlord's set and the Blade of Binding is just too much for this map, even on full hard with max enemy stacks. with no other equipment, Ignus does over 3K per armageddon, and nearly 5K with a fireball, while Sarah summons 40 juggies and then nearly doubles their damage with "inner fire".

30 sacred kirin against 16 maniacs and 10 hell hounds? no problem. mopped the floor with them in 2 turns with sarah. 300 goblin hunters? no problem. killed them all in one turn with armageddon and ignus! Wandering sanctuary hero never even got a chance to blink, dead before her turn even started.

well, it did take a lot of work and planning to get to this point to begin with, so I guess the payoff is showing up now :)

my walkthrough for the first week:

build and upgrade succubus building day one and two. take sawmill on day 1 with ignus, then return to town. leave town on day 2 with lillums and extra maniacs. never go back. make a bee line for the sanctuary town, but take time to kill every stack that is on the way, and take the resources. There is an artifact market on the way that is worth having a look at; don't forget to sell any artifacts you no longer want or need. I picked up a crystal eyeglass there, so I'll never be short with that plus the two crystal mines you will get between sarah and town C.

have sarah kill everything in her area, yes even the kirin are no trouble (I got a yumi bow for that bit), then head her south to take the crystal mine and creature generator. don't conver the creature generator just yet, you might need the wood and stone to convert town C.

you should run into the sanctuary hero on day 5. swat it like a fly, take the resources nearby, and press on towards the town.

build up your starting town to level 3 for the cash inflow, and other than that, ONLY build a breeder building. with the stuff you collect on the way to town C, you will *just* have enough resources to convert it when you take it.

if you follow this guide, you should hit the town on day 6, and there should be no hero guarding it. if you wait till day 7, there will be a hero guarding it. it will take 17 of stone and wood, 9 crystal, and 7.5k gold to convert it.

after that, you should be unstoppable. I spent the next week collecting the rest of the resources and tagging the mines and forts in the area, then went back to town to pick up my now rather large elite force on day 1 of week 3. don't buy pit fiends yet, wait till you hit the next town.

Edited on Fri, Aug 30 2013, 04:15 by Sir_Toejam

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 30 Aug 2013, 03:55

FWIW, if you follow the storyline properly, THIS should actually be mission 1, and the tears path mission 2, otherwise a lot of the story makes no sense whatsoever.

the walkthroughs should reflect this. Play the blood mission FIRST, if you want to know why Cate is dead at the end of the tears mission.

perhaps the most serious omission in this entire walkthrough series, IMO, and an error on the part of the devs as well to label this mission "2".

other stuff:

-bug or not, it's still the case that while you can collect moon fragments, there is no tear quest. While of course true that summoning 3 phoenix by the time you get all the fragments would be pretty useless, the disc itself is worth 16k if you sell it, so at least there's that.

-don't bother converting forts, you will need the wood and stone for your town conversions and buildups. for that matter, be very judicious about converting creature dwellings early in the mission for the same reason.

-the scripted ai dump of a weeks worth of troops in the first stronghold town still happens. you just need to wait a single day, and it dumps them in there. wish there was a creature converter. OTOH, if you're playing stronghold, gratz! you just got 40k worth of free troops!

Edited on Fri, Aug 30 2013, 19:31 by Sir_Toejam

Return to “Articles”