Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Epilogue - Tears such as Angels W

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kregling
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kregling » 23 Jan 2012, 14:54

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/803

Kregling
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kregling » 23 Jan 2012, 14:54

My guess on how to get the achievement is that you have to take out some of the minions before you attack Michael. I believe each minion absorbs 10% of the damage to Michael, so if you eliminate 1, the other 9 minions still take 90% of the damage dealt to Michael, but at least Michael is now taking 10% of the damage instead of 0%. Anyway, my plan would be to take out 9 of the minions, then start attacking Michael. That way, he's taking 90% of the damage and the one minion is taking 10% of the damage. With some luck, Michael will use his ability to heal the 1 minion. So, given some luck and patience (just like all these boss achievements), this achievement is possible. Now it's time for me to test this theory

Pyroxene
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pyroxene » 25 Jan 2012, 00:25

You could just cast petrification on a minion before unloading on Michael. Hopefully you are using a magic-affinity hero and have skilled either the petrification or earth elemental spells. If not, it's a long shot at buying the appropriate scroll at the artifact merchant or finding one.

Kregling
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Kregling » 27 Jan 2012, 21:17

Petrify is a great idea. I wish I had thought of that

I tried out my strategy and it worked after a few tries. Michael seems to heal his troops on his second attack, every other turn. The one trick is to be careful about where you kill his troops, as Michael's Last Word ability (which shoots out in 8 directions from a corpse) damages his own units as well, which is a royal pain.

sparhawk77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sparhawk77 » 21 Apr 2012, 02:00

Unfortunately I got jumped by 2 heroes right by the portal. Could have used The Shackles as the last one gave my Princesses a cheap shot and then ran away. Had that happen a couple of more times after that. The armies are just big enough that you cannot kill them in the first turn but once they can see the game is over they high tail it out of there. Ah well what can you do

Zayeban
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zayeban » 13 Jun 2012, 14:02

To win a perfect victory on hard with no losses, do the following thing: Have one stack of creatures so powerful that can instantly kill one minon and have a higher Initiative then Michael (in my game i had 85 Sacred Kirins and some artifacts to boost my initiative). Place them on the battlefield and put all the other creatures away so that they are alone on the field. Since we have the highest initiative we will always start first, every turn. Start with the Petrify spell on your creature so that you can protect them for 4 turns. Now you can defend 3 turns, but on last 4th turn you must press wait so that the petrify spell is still on you. Since you started the turn first you will be the last one to have the move this turn and when you do kill 1 minion and end turn. A new turn begins and you start first, so cast Petrify again. Now you will see Michael using his Last Wish ability, kiling his own minions and damaging himself. From now you recast petrify every 4th turn on yourself and wait for Michael to constantly use Last Wish and damage himself to the point where you can one hit him when he is low. But dont forget to press wait every 4th turn so that you keep the petrify for the whole 4th turn.
Edited on Wed, Jun 13 2012, 10:26 by Zayeban

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 08 Jul 2012, 13:44

Disagree with "does not really have a powerful special attack". Last wish deals 12500 damage, 1-hit killed all my stacks caught in the way even at full health! Second time I spent half an hour, pen and paper, planning ahead exactly where the guardians die so I have "safe spots" where I won't be hit by the 10 corpse. Was it meant to be so complilcated though?

sufficiency
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sufficiency » 11 Oct 2012, 09:09

Michael's Last Wish killed all of my stacks at once :(

I believe Last Wish is activated by using his dead Michael's Guards. Once you stay clear from them it seems to be OK. After all of my other stacks distracted and killed his Guards (and ate all of the Last Wish) I only had my ~40 Celestial left.... but it's pretty easy to just use Stone Skin + Regeneration + Inner Fire to chip his health down.

Anyway, it's definitely not as hard as Uriel. That son of a gun is simply cruel.
Edited on Thu, Oct 11 2012, 05:09 by sufficiency

sufficiency
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sufficiency » 12 Oct 2012, 04:25

This mission feels next to impossible to complete with a Might hero. The hero defending A is an Inquisitor with a lot of high damage spells and a lot of fodders (and Guardian Angel for even more stalling). A Might hero, who does not have a lot of army, feels powerless against her.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 12 Oct 2012, 10:29

Orcs work pretty well against Haven, I did the mission with a Might Sandor and while I lost a lot of troops at A, I was able to get enough back before the next invasion started. Kiril got wiped out though.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 16 Mar 2013, 19:21

You said:

Don't bother upgrading all creature buildings - you probably don't have enough gold to buy all the creatures anyway.

----> If you play on Normal, you can upgrade all buildings and buy all creatures. :)

Also, I spotted a minor typo - "the fog or wars" ---> should "the fog of wars".
May the Implosion be with you!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 16 Mar 2013, 19:31

Question: When do we decide we are ready for the final fight on Normal and Hard?

It seems I was able to upgrade all towns to max & clear the map about just before Month 3 started. :)

(playing on Normal)

EDIT: Suggestion - it would be nice to have an updated walkthrough for patch 1.8/2.0, because there have been quite a lot of big changes since patch 1.2. For example, mass heal spells last fewer turns, but can be cast more then once per battle, plus direct damage spells have been buffed considerably and are much more useful than before/etc.
Edited on Sun, Mar 17 2013, 13:23 by Naki
May the Implosion be with you!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Aug 2013, 02:31

" Budget will be tight in this mission, so don't get any growth bonuses. "

actually, early budget is quite surplus thanks to all the stacks of gold and chests. you should be able to conver and build at least one elite building before the eo first week. if you pick the elite bonsus dynasty trait, you get two extra, which at this juncture is actually pretty good!

The attack from the second scripted haven army before you take the first town is significant on hard:

a dozen blazing glories and sun crusaders, 2 dozen vestals, and a couple of celestials, supported by a heavy magic using hero. no matter which hero you use, you will take losses guaranteed. hero will start off with chain lightning, then lightning, then fireball, then heal any units that were downed. Just fyi.

a hero with the guardian breastplate is good, but even then I still took some losses before the enemy ran away. Irina with staff of tides would be a better choice (400hp ice barrier is nice!), but the AI chose not to attack her :P Also, the sword that summons juggies works well here. fully upgraded, it will summon a stack of 40 for you. all you need to do is dispel the blindness the glories will put on them.

Oh, btw, there are NO heroes for hire at your starting town, or the next town, or even the next one for that matter. none. zero. zilch. Might want to reconsider the value of the free first hero dynasty trait. pretty much a wasted slot, since the only real value is right in the beginning to build up your first town, and so far as I can tell, you don't actually get ANY heroes available in the first month at least. oh well. yeah, looks like you don't even get to hire heroes at all in this mission.

I think maybe only one of the forts (D and E) give you anything, as I took fort E and received 15 sacred kirin, and 20(?) crystal, but got nothing for D.

_Toejam
Edited on Thu, Aug 29 2013, 12:21 by Sir_Toejam

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Aug 2013, 03:51

@ellie:

"Kiril got wiped out though."

you must have gone might Kiril. yeah, not a good choice for this map. primary magic user is best for this one. too bad I can't play my blood magic kiril here... 5k armagedon FTW!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 29 Aug 2013, 10:32

yeah, this walkthrough, other than the map itself, is pretty much out of date. the stacks you have to fight for F and G are actually HARD. no pushovers at all. took three tries to take g without LOSING outright! not just down a few troops, mind.

time for Maltz to replay this one :)

edit:

FWIW, I probably should have tried to take F before G, as F had fewer troops even after 2 more weeks than g did when I took it.
Edited on Thu, Aug 29 2013, 10:23 by Sir_Toejam

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Aug 2013, 10:41

Or you can just tell me which text needs updating, post the updated text here and I'll edit the article. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 30 Aug 2013, 01:30

yeah, here's what has changed:

-money is much less of a problem, resources are sufficient if not abundant. I'd recommend taking the elite growth dynasty trait, the movement trait, and the merchant trait (most important).

-DO NOT take "free first hero", as there are NO heroes for hire in this mission!

-the armies you will face on hard, are just that: hard. Not anywhere near impossible, but be prepared, and in the first week, expect either of your heroes to be attacked, so don't just put all units on one hero unless you know exactly where the enemy is.

-there are mines you can control in the side areas to towns F and G that will help provide you with needed resources, but both F and G will likely be fully built up when you take them.

-don't build up your starting town too much. pick your favorite upgraded elite building and make that, maybe upgrade a core building. you won't even need to get units from here after the second week. if you're going with Irina, I recommend building yuki onas in the starting town. even 8 of those on irina will carry you far. otherwise, building up to town level 3 eventually just for extra cash.

-set up Irina with ALL ranged attackers, and a handful of spring spirits and a couple dozen wazanimi. use the wazanimi to protect your ranged units, and the spring spirits to cast pain mirror on the elementals or phoenix you will summon endless times. Don't split your ranged stacks when facing enemy heroes, as any of the magic using ones will be casting chain lightning, and you could easily lose all your ranged stacks before being able to heal them.

-I only ever used two staves with Irina: Staff of tides when I needed early defense, and The Oblivion at all other times. The Oblivion is great against enemy heroes that like to cast mass buffs especially.

-set up Changbo with the Blade of Binding, and give him the rest of the armies. split your remaining spring spirts into two groups, one to cast pain mirror on your summoned juggies, the other for your kappas. use reinforcements on your kappas and attack with those and your summoned juggies, and nothing in the first area will withstand it.

-take Irina north as soon as she has reinforcements from the first week town growth, as maltz suggests, and work to take the northern fort before the enemy hero has a chance to react! the enemy hero should then try to take back the fort, which makes that battle cake.

-take changbo south to take the lodge, and eventually to clear the rest of that little area, and head on through the green portal.

-Irina can actually take town C without any further reinforcements.

-Irina CAN even take town G without the reinforcements from a week's growth from town C, but it's tough; in fact, I did it, but it took 3 tries - fun challenge if you're up for it (I did it with 8 yuki ona, 29 priestesses, 30 wazanimi, and 10 spring spirits; ended up with 6 sharks, 3 yukis, and 1 spring spirit left). For the easier route, Take town F first instead; you likely will take few losses there. It has far fewer troops.

-only ONE of the group of three forts in the middle will give you kirin and crystal. for me it was fort E; but it could be that it just gives them to you for whichever fort you take first, and if that's the case, again the fort nearest town F is the easiest of the three.

-if you rush town F or G, you will not be attacked at town C; the heroes will move back to defend their towns. if you wait an extra week, they should come to you at town C.

that's about it really. after you take town F and G, it;s just going through the side portals to take more forts and mines and resources to build up to taking the last fort and opening the final gate.

Edited on Thu, Aug 29 2013, 22:31 by Sir_Toejam

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 30 Aug 2013, 02:52

zayeban's strategy works perfectly. to speed it up, put your kirin in the corner and cast acid cloud in front of it. just don't kill the last minion before michael, and you'll easily get the achievement as well.

reward for completion of this entire mission.... 50K experience points.

uh.... thanks?

really, that's the best they could come up with? wow.

Edited on Thu, Aug 29 2013, 23:36 by Sir_Toejam

Return to “Articles”