Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Fair is Foul and Foul is

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
J4Ks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby J4Ks » 08 Dec 2011, 13:55

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/788

J4Ks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby J4Ks » 08 Dec 2011, 13:55

Thanks for your efforts Maltz. I use your info (walkthroughs) if I am stuck somewhere in a campaign and it's been very helpfull.

I just want to add one minor point in this campaign, cause it gave me an incredible headache after restarting it over 4 times.

The crucial part of this campaign are your resources, for your upgrades:

- 1 time I only picked the orepit, cause I didn't noticed the sawmill near the 2nd free army of Griffons.

- 2 time I picked both orepit and sawmill, I had no problem with Djordje to take Town A

Then I noticed a crystal mine, 3rd restart I thought if I could get that in the 1st week b4 Djordje I would have enough crystals to get the Griffons building or Crusaders.

Afterwards I head down to Djordje. His forces are doubled due to getting that crystal mine b4 going after Djordje and am unable to capture town A.

I reran it a couple of times to see if it was a bug or something. But allas we are not suppose to get the crystal mine before Djordje.....arghhh.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 17 Dec 2011, 21:31

I've managed to get Arachne to level 4 but there doesn't seem to be any Life Drain. Is anyone else having this?
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 18 Dec 2011, 12:06

Maybe this works: un-equip the dynasty weapon and equip it again.

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 18 Dec 2011, 20:52

It seems to be working now that I've started the next mission. How peculiar...
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Bucker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bucker » 25 Dec 2011, 11:22

After capturing Town C, I suffer from Heaven invading heroes outbreak. Although they're quite weak, they are quite numerous and tend to play hide&seek. Chasing one makes others trying to backstab me by capturing the city previously mentioned. AI in HoMMVI is indeed cheeky and annoying.
Here it comes!

J4Ks
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby J4Ks » 28 Dec 2011, 21:42

@Bucker; Perhaps you waited to long after capturing Town C.

I had no problem at all, when I took Town C, I headed straight for Town D which kind of neutralize Hide&Seek game, cause those 'bandits' just came from NW bridge out of Town K.

Do a Statue of revelation near that bridge or even on Town K and you got an advance warning, when they are marching towards your Town D.

doguso
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby doguso » 14 Jan 2012, 05:53

I think there's some kind of stupid hidden condition to making the hero at Town A weak. The first time I didn't realize I was on a timer and made it to Town A shortly after week two. After reading about the first week thing, I timed it to pick up the ore pit, gold mine and the barracks and made it to Town A by day 5 or 6. He was STILL too strong.

In my annoyance, I hightailed it to Town A and made it there by day 2. He was STILL overly powerful (15 vamps, 10 lamarus, 15ish liches, a lot of skeletons and ghouls and about 40 ghosts).

There has to be some kind of catch I'm missing here.... he should NOT be that powerful by day 2.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 17 Jan 2012, 11:04

I have the same issue as Doguso and face the same army composition.

RedTyke
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RedTyke » 22 Jan 2012, 13:17

Having trouble with Arache Level 4 - saved game before final town "unequiped " loaded weapon -quick combat - no increase in exp even tried end turn before reloading no increase in exp. what am i doing wrong

Grisinor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grisinor » 01 Feb 2012, 19:10

I reached Town A on day 6, Week 1. This was the army I faced there: 68 Skeletons, 54 Ghouls, 46 Ghosts, 24 Liches, 22 Vampires, 13 Lamassus!

How could you EVER win this battle!? Impossible!!

cococooky
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cococooky » 05 Feb 2012, 07:09

@Grisinor and the others; Yes this particular walkthrough needs to be revised, it's impossible the way described.

Edit: The enemy out front of town A, far from being weak, is too powerful, even in week 1 on normal difficulty.
Edited on Sun, Feb 05 2012, 08:07 by cococooky

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 07 Feb 2012, 11:56

Stronghold 2 on tears path gives Sword of the Whistlebone, I used that to capture town A. "Quite weak" is a "quite misleading" description though, we're not all as uber as Maltz!

stachnie
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby stachnie » 22 Feb 2012, 11:38

With patch 1.2 Imperial Griffins dive works, but AI never uses that.

I managed to get Arachne to level 4 when capturing Town H, even without cheating :) Now I play the next mission and it seems that:

- its effects are random but they grow with the strength of the army

- it is always n*15%, where n is a natural number.

For an army that consisted of 9 griffins I noticed results between 15 and 105%, for 100+ Imperial Griffins usually it is hundreds%, so maybe maximum effect is something like (number of creatures)*15%.

A general comment about Heroes VI campaigns: they are much easier than in Heroes V. I have passed Orc, Sanctuary and Necro at Hard and had no need to look at walkthroughs.

Edit (after some testing): for Arachne life drain is *always* n*15%, where n is the actual number of creatures in a stack. It means that it is calculated for each round and each stack separately. It is like a snowball.
Edited on Thu, Feb 23 2012, 01:33 by stachnie

sparhawk77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sparhawk77 » 26 Feb 2012, 05:53

I feel a tad dumb but I don't quite get the Arache thing... I save the game without it being equipped thern equip it, do Quick Combat, and then load the game... If I load the game then don't I lose the EXP? I know the answer will make me look like a fool but it won.t be the first time ... Also, I found town A super hard as well. I managed to beat it but it cost me way too much of my army. At the same time if you don't get A won't you be unable to get your army guys? Thanx for having an excellent site and walkthrough. Been a huge fan since HOMM2!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Haven - Fair is Foul and Foul

Unread postby Naki » 25 Mar 2012, 17:23

* Needs update for patch version 1.2.1!! (Soon to be 1.3)

* Needs info on QUESTS.
May the Implosion be with you!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Mar 2012, 19:41

Why on the Heaven in the Forum is this thread having four pages, including almost three blank?

--
End of OT rant.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Mar 2012, 16:56

Maybe something to do with the spam, which is deleted from the main page here? Another reason to get the redesign moving. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Isaacfirestorm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Isaacfirestorm » 05 Apr 2012, 15:06

If you follow Maltz instructions, and get the neutral sentries a little past the town on the west, you can take Town A first week. If you don't get the gold mine, ore pit, and sawmill, you won't be able to convert it before the first week is up, so make sure to get these.

xiilus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xiilus » 23 Jun 2013, 05:27

It seems flagging the mines and dwelling are necessary to make Town A weak. From reading Maltz's advice from the beginning of the previous mission, he mentioned that scripted heroes can be devastating if you rush to areas before the developers want you there.

I don't read walkthroughs until after I've beaten a mission, so I didn't know what to expect on my first attempt. When I saw that I only had a fort, my plan was to 1) rush to take a town immediately and 2) send a secondary hero back to flag the mines/dwelling. But then I saw an unbeatable army at Town A, so I looked to see if there was an easier town elsewhere. I saw there was a town to the west, but it was blocked off, as was the underground passage. I made a valiant attempt to fight the hero. They weren't kidding with the "Deadly" label.

On second attempt, I cleared the whole starting area. Then I went south, and the town was easy. Seems you can't truly rush, but mid to late week 1 is best.

Return to “Articles”