Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 06 Dec 2011, 17:24

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/794

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 06 Dec 2011, 17:24

Thanks for the walkthrough, at least now I know I should never ever attempt to take on those towns. Btw, you can get the anniversary achievement in campaigns, but the counter only goes up when there's no other player left on the map. So you couldn't get it on this map since Haven sticks around until the end, but could easily get it on the last Necropolis map.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 06 Dec 2011, 20:52

omg,these number are skyhigh compared to EVEN TEH GARRISON OF VERY MIGHT in HommV ToE!Not even the GARRISON OF DOOM which spawns 1 Archdevil and some other nasties EVERY DAY does not compare to this...wow....

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 06 Dec 2011, 23:20

Thanks for the information on the Anniversary Achievement. I wonder why would one keep waiting if no enemy remains on the map - looks more like a bug than a feature.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 07 Dec 2011, 13:47

question:why don't you have PM?unavailable for Sanctuary?just asking.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 07 Dec 2011, 18:59

Sanctuary and Haven do not have access to Dark Magic.

VAMPSVSZOUNDS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby VAMPSVSZOUNDS » 09 Dec 2011, 16:26

maybe another hero from the tavern?give her a big army,clash with all the big stacks,rinse and repeat.then go PM the enemy towns to hell,with a minimal army,and afterwards mop up with Irina's skills.

namostmareleg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby namostmareleg » 28 Dec 2011, 23:56

Hey, in my game inferno towns D and E already have 5 digit number troops on week 4! Is this some kind of bug or did I miss something important?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 29 Dec 2011, 16:02

That's weird - are you sure it is not town G and H? Is it patch 1.2?

namostmareleg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby namostmareleg » 01 Jan 2012, 22:37

No it's 1.1.3 but still... Yeah, I'm sure, D and E with inferno troops.

Maybe town G and H will also be "corrected" with a later patch?

cde804
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cde804 » 13 Jan 2012, 22:01

My MAGIC TEARS Irina has MightPower:35, Might Defense:21, magic power: 47, magic defense 39 an 470 mana points. Equipment: Staff of the tides, shadow comb, robe of sar-issus, boots of the wayfarer, gauntlets of giant slayer, emerald yumi bow. Might&magic abilities: logistics, pathfinding, reinforcementes I II, Tactics I II, Air magic I II III, lightening bolt (used just a few times, a wasted point), regeneration I II, earth magic I II III, All light magic except:sunburst, blindness and purity mass, time stasis, meditation and teleport.

I played it with patch 1.2 installed, difficulty hard (as always).

KEYS OF THE MAP:

1) The red player is your allied as long as you dont attack red heroes or towns, they wont attack you.

2) Wait a couple of weeks after you take town C, red heroes will be attacking town D. Meanwhile travel with scouts through friendly red lands and as much as possible through hostile orange´s land.

3) Go after towns taken by orange player so that you dont break alliance with red (if possible).

4)After you defeat orange and red (all but town I), send Irina to kill breeder queen while Changbo or any secondary heroe goes to take friendly troops in the north-east corner and join forces to go inmediatly after gerharts´ head.

I left no creatures in the map and finished it in 4M4W1D. Didn´t use tear of Asha, didnt buy Kirins/sacred kirins. Losses of the map: 30 Kappas shoyas, 20 pearl priestesses and 8 wanizames.

Last fight:

Irina:958 wanizames 1791Kappa shoyas, 986 pearl priestesses, 579 yuki-onnas, 208 Mizu Kamis y 541 Kenseis

gerharts:37 Celestials, 418 Sun riders, 285 Imperial griffins, 487 Radiant glories, 1184 Vestals, 1258 Marksmen, 1370 Praetorians.

For auto-combat against neutral unit´s the best for sanctuary to have no losses is to use Yuki onnas and pearl priestesses and eventualy Kappa shoyas. For manual combat after having tactics II, i used Yukki onnas, pearl priestesses, Kappa shoyas and Mizu kamis. turn 1 casted depending on the size of enemy creatures used reinforcements on Kappa shoyas and used their crashing leap attack. Then casted spirit bond on Kappa shoyas. In turn 2 i used regeneration mass or retribution III or a paralyzer (depending on the creature i was going to use it on). Range shooting, healing and eventually the summoning of light elementals to keep enemies away from shooters and blocking enemy shooters as well did the rest.

To achieve perfect victory over breeder queen you should attack with Kappa shoyas using crashing leap, the other units should go right to its back and attack from there recieving no damage. The breeder queen then every turn will use 2 consecutive times its normal attack. Thanks to pearl priestesses´Waves of Renewal plus regeneration mass plus healing mass or healing depending on the situation in 3 to 4 turns you get that perfect victory. In turn 1 i casted reinforments on pearl priestessess, yuki-onnas or Kappa Shoyas. Breeder Queen tended to attack 2/3 of the times my

pearl priestesses and only 1/3 of the time my Yuki onnas.

As you see it was completely different to what Maltz says. I think the 1.2 patch solved the problems mentioned by maltz as Killing Gerharts is a primary quest (not secondary).

cde804
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby cde804 » 16 Jan 2012, 19:36

mirez:same thing happened to me in 'we come in peace' quest.

While in town C during a couple of weeks red player sent heroes that passed by very close but went north to attack town D. I sent a scout all through red´s territory till gates and no hero attacked me. i was never attacked by the red as long as i didnt attack them.

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby crislevin » 19 Jan 2012, 17:16

red and orange actually attack each other, i waited for them to fight it out. I don't know if that actually reduced either of them tho. maybe a little.

Bucker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bucker » 21 Jan 2012, 20:40

Achievement for Breeder Queen can be completed by killing her before she has even possibility to move. May take some time to gather units, came here with BIG stack of Holy Kirins(around 400) to do over 70k dmg on single hit.
Here it comes!

joakovacs
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby joakovacs » 22 Jan 2012, 18:36

Thanks for the walkthroughs, especially the maps are very helpful.

I have just recently achived the Imp-possible victory with a Flood Conjurer Irina. :) How to do it, you may ask. Very simple, using muscles, and some nice artifacts boosts.

The Breeder Queen has no might attack, but a magic attack of 8750(!). As her attacks are magical you cannot block them and can only avoid being hit by any of her imp-attacks if you kill her before she can act with her 55 initiative. To do this you will either have to sit for several months to get scores of Sacred Kirin (initiative 60) - as suggested already - OR get some major boost on your initiative, leadership and destiny.

The Ring of Haste (+10) and the Boots of the Waverider (+5) will greatly increase the initiative, even your shooters will have 60 leaving only a Wanizame below 55.

The Guardian Helm (+10), Lion Mane Cape (+6), Crest of Valor (+2) and Crest of Courage (+4) can help you to deal an extra attack to the beast, while the Golden Horseshoe (+8) and Magic Spaulders (+3) can trigger a lucky attack her and there.

If you add a Mass Heroism (+16 Leadership & Destiny and +10% increased damage) to the mix, spice it Sacred kirin Hailstorm attack, Kappa Shoya leap and the obvious Giant Slayer ability then the Breeder Queen won't stand a chance against you. :)

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 30 Jan 2012, 10:46

I would have given up on this map if it wasn't for your walkthrough maltz.. Thankyou. (also thanks to joakovacs & cde804 suggestions)

sparhawk77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sparhawk77 » 06 Apr 2012, 20:11

Just did the Breeder Queen quest and found an extremely simplistic way of killing her. In my battle she only faced either the front or to her left (your right on the screen). I left my wanizames in the square closest to you on your left side of the screen. The Queen just kept firing her Imps on him, and once I put the Waves of Revelation on that stack it resurrected those losses. I kept the rest of my army in the upper right (from your perspective) corner, and finished her off. I ended up not losing any of my army.

Datau
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Datau » 12 Apr 2012, 19:13

I found the one way portal at (4) to be quite userful actually. Basically, my strategy consisted in taking as much resources on the sea as possible with secondary heroes while Irina rushed to the recruitement island without expanding in the mainland.

I then took the free troops there and entered the portal, directed towards town E. There are some neutral mines that can be flagged along the way, and some battle boosts locations. The first challenge is Nebiros, then the garrison at town E. Both shouldn't be impossible to win at this point. Congratulations, you just captured a fully developed town (with Capitol!) and can now watch as the AIs butcher each other for town D. Eventually there should be no problems in capturing it and the remaining towns.

BTW: never, EVER capture town B or C before you have a considerable advantage over the enemy. If you do you'll have to spend a lot of resources developing them, since both start at rank 1. Just leave them be, the AI is scripted in these towns: they won't fight for them, they won't build anything in them as long as the respective two quests aren't completed first. And we don't want that to happen too early.

gsandro1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby gsandro1 » 29 Sep 2012, 11:44

Maltz, thanks for the walkthroughs, they keep us company all the time with some great advices!

As for mission 4, the huge armies in Heaven towns seem to have been fixed to lower reasonable numbers. My game runs the 1.7.1 update.

As for stats I finished with hero rank at hard difficulty at month 4, week 2, day 1

Final battle with Duke Gerhart he had 1160 Praetorians, 1012 Marksmen, 940 Vestals, 274 Blazing glories, 220 Imperial griffins, 341 Sunriders and 35 Seraphs.

I finished him off with no casualties

sufficiency
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sufficiency » 11 Oct 2012, 10:23

Maybe I was lucky, but it seems that the Haven and Infernal factions also attack each other... while ignoring me for the most part. Nevertheless this mission is on-par in difficulty with the Spider's Strategem.

Return to “Articles”