Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 06 Dec 2011, 06:02

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/791
The river of time wash away all heroes

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 06 Dec 2011, 06:02

Again, Teleport is very very useful for sanctuary magic hero, if only because you have no flier and are often stuck outside walls forever during seige. being able to TP in your melee units helps a ton espeically in the really tough onces where your elementals alone are not enough. and of cource, Teleport with Kappa leap can be epic.

other skills you need:

a. rush: even with tactic you don't always guess 100% right , and with rush you can leap further can cause more damage anyway. also can help Kirin reach almost anywhere in one run.

b. ice bolt: helps a lot early on.

c. frozen field, very useful against mass walker neuturals.

Yeah, Irina's special isn't useful if you play her as magic hero, if you play her as might hero it's a lot more useful. (but as you've pointed out, not only is two of theri shooters magic, Kappa' and Kirin's special ability are also both magic ...) . Wazikame is very good actually, bite redcue movement by a ton .
The river of time wash away all heroes

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 06 Dec 2011, 23:22

Ice bolt (fixes a melee stack at exactly where it is) does look very sexy especially for the optional battles in mission 4. I just hope that we can teleport a hostile stack around, too. :D And thanks for other information.
Edited on Tue, Dec 06 2011, 18:23 by maltz

Oxi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Oxi » 15 Dec 2011, 14:32

Enjoying the game, enjoying the walkthroughs. When at work, I sometimes read through Maltz's walkthroughs, not only as a preparation for a quiet gaming night, but also because they are relaxing and entertaining ! Kudos Maltz !

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 19 Dec 2011, 20:58

Thanks! It is hard to make people smile but not offending anybody these days. I guess Blackhole doesn't mind jokes on them.

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 25 Jan 2012, 04:41

AI was not dormant in my game. I had Red try to take my Town (A) just after I owned it, then later they tried to take Fort B. They also tried to take a Secondary Hero, luckily she could Water Walk

Yukidama
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Yukidama » 30 Sep 2012, 17:49

mizukami is actually incredibly powerful if combined with priestess

you just have to teleport it right in the middle of enemy stacks

healer+retribution aura+spirit link = easy win

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 20 Jul 2013, 23:54

way better than ice bolt, is frozen ground. take ice bolt at first, until you hit your first blood/tears level, then respec and choose frozen ground instead. It plays perfectly with ALL of your troops' special abilities!

1. use tactics to arrange your kappa so that the are aligned with a big melee stack(s) that are within 3 spaces of each other (usually, these will be offset from the middle space by 2 spaces, or will be dead center if only one stack)

2. cast frozen ground so that two melee stacks will run into it on their turn. Have all your kappas units wait, while you shoot any other targets that will not be caught in the frost. move your kenshis forward so they will be able to hit the enemy melee stacks on the next turn, but don't get them in the way of the kappas leap attack.

3. the melee enemies will walk into frozen ground, and be stuck there. not just frozen, but UNABLE TO ACT, except for retaliation. meaning, they can't even attack when frozen like that on the same turn. NOW have your kappas do their leap attack. Since they have huge initiative, on the start of the next turn, turn them around and march them back towards you as far as you can. Have your kenshis take out any targets of opportunity outside of the frozen unitls, or just defend if there are no others.

4. when the unit's move forward again, they will get frozen AGAIN. attack with your ranged units, then attack with kenshis, then everything else. I haven't lost a single unit in the entire mission 2 to anything short of siege with this strategy. Just as a note, the frozen ground effectively will freeze stuff for only 2 turns (disappears at start of enemy's 3rd turn, or else whenever anyone is free of it, I think) .

oh, and definitely get thunderclap, and use lightning bolt instead of ice bolt after you do your respec. the thunderclap also works for your bolt, like it does for your priestesses, and lightning does way more damage (actual useful damage) than ice bolt.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 24 Dec 2013, 08:27

Maltz needs to quit thinking about this game like it's Heroes V. There's no tier-1, tier-2, ..., or tier-7. That's totally misleading, because it would imply that, for example, "tier-3" has a higher power rating than "tier-2", which is not always the case. There are just Core, Elite, and Champion.

BTW, Maltz recommended Pathfinding, so did Pathfinding work in the first few updates? I got this game fairly late, and for as long as I've had it, Pathfinding has been buggy; it does NOT decrease rough terrain penalty, but increases it. I've personally tested it. Patch 2.1 didn't fix it.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 25 Dec 2013, 05:59

Maltz needs to quit thinking about this game like it's Heroes V. There's no tier-1, tier-2, ..., or tier-7. That's totally misleading, because it would imply that, for example, "tier-3" has a higher power rating than "tier-2", which is not always the case. There are just Core, Elite, and Champion.

BTW, Maltz recommended Pathfinding, so did Pathfinding work in the first few updates? I got this game fairly late, and for as long as I've had it, Pathfinding has been buggy; it does NOT decrease rough terrain penalty, but increases it. I've personally tested it. Patch 2.1 didn't fix it.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Fury and the Mire

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 06 Jun 2021, 16:27

On my last playthrough, I completed the Trickster's Set, so all pieces are available.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

cjleeagain
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby cjleeagain » 26 Jun 2021, 14:12

Reading this reminds me of my gaming, I'm just gonna take a minute to rant again.

Sanctuary has no flyers! When in the history of Heroes did we get a faction with no flyers? The only unit that can hit inside the enemy base is the Kappa, and that's only using their ridiculous toad leap.

In H6, sieges can take a long time. Always suffered severe losses to my ranged forces.

Badly planned.

I can't remember what I said in the past (posted lots of stuff about H6, I know). But IIRC, I was able to survive only on the stupidity of the enemy AI.

EG when the enemy comes out, you lay that ice shards right in front of their door, whack them with Wanizame which keeps them from moving around, focus fire, keep them standing in the same place so Kensei can do that four waves chopping stuff, etc. Obviously this won't work on human players. Only AI is so dumb as to let you chop away.
Writer and Janitor

Main Site: https://www.thezil.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrganizationZil
My patreon page is https://www.patreon.com/zzo

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 23 May 2022, 20:57

cjleeagain wrote: 26 Jun 2021, 14:12 Reading this reminds me of my gaming, I'm just gonna take a minute to rant again.

Sanctuary has no flyers! When in the history of Heroes did we get a faction with no flyers? The only unit that can hit inside the enemy base is the Kappa, and that's only using their ridiculous toad leap.
A bit late, but:

Heroes 1: Knight and Barbarian towns.
Heroes 2: Knight and Barbarian towns.
Heroes 4: Depending on creature choice, Order, Life, Might, Chaos. (Death you have to choose between Devils/Bone Dragons, Nature between Phoenix/Fairy Dragons.)
Heroes 5: Dwarves

:)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Articles”