Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - In the Wake of Adver

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 16 Nov 2011, 08:52

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/783
The river of time wash away all heroes

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 16 Nov 2011, 08:52

For the purpose of campaign, going Tear magic will make life much easier on you in map 3, though Sacrifice is indeed less shiny than Wail of the netherworld . (but can be very underrated, it's basically a 67% damage reduction for all but one stack . and with your necromancy skill the damage taken shouldn't be a huge problem, slap a regen on that unit and you should do fine.

A really REALLY nasty trick for this map is this... you DON'T HAVE TO CONVERT THE TOWNS, using an all Haven lineup is actually much MUCH easier in the final fight because...

1. Crossbows are much more reliable overall in damage dealing than skeletons.

2. The Glories do light damage that not only hit all undead units for 20% more damage, BUT also by pass the damage reduction of your Ghouls (20% ) and even worse specters (35%) . Specter vs Glories is one of the worst matchup imaginable .

3. IIRC you can build Griffens if you don't convert the Haven towns. which obviously is a massive advantage seeing that you can't build any Elite Necro Units .

You obviously don't NEED to do this, and obviously there's the disadvantage of your necromancy not working on Havne units, but for dealing with this fight in particular it is quite tempting.
The river of time wash away all heroes

chemicalbuz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chemicalbuz » 29 Nov 2011, 17:39

maltz your walkthrougs are simple perfect! very very very thanks for you work!

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 23 Dec 2011, 18:50

For those seeking a thrill, you can capture town F with the Inquisitor hero in it. In my game, 2 scrolls of blind and a scroll of summon water elemental enabled victory without losses.

You can do with less if you know how to exploit strange AI siege behavior (I haven't played enough for that)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 10 Jan 2012, 12:40

Thankyou maltz. Once again your terrific walkthroughs make the game more enjoyable. I would have missed one of the Mass Graves without it. :)

crislevin
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby crislevin » 18 Jan 2012, 10:38

you guys sure that custom hero can be used for final campaign after 1.2? I don't see it listed as a big fix?

I hope it is though, My customized Irina is in her last campaign, I don't want to start all over again!.

Zayeban
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zayeban » 06 Mar 2012, 22:51

Also, every time you capture a haven town, check the marketplace for useful artifacts or scrolls first, before you convert it into a necro town.
Edited on Tue, Mar 06 2012, 17:56 by Zayeban

Brigandlord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Brigandlord » 08 Aug 2012, 11:16

Hi All,

Matz thanks for the great walkthroughs. Can someone tell how to get might affinity - I can't use the Arachne dynasty weapon.

thanks

Ninja
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ninja » 02 Apr 2014, 03:02

Thank you Maltz for your great walkthroughs.

In the final patch for anyone playing 2014+ the dynasty affinity weapons are bugged. These are for magic heroes such as Anastasya's SoulReaver Staff that have lower manna costs for dark/etc magic. If you reload a saved game with the dynasty staff equipped you will lose the benefit of several points of past magic power boosts each time. Either avoid the affinity staffs or unequip before saving your game.

If you are a might hero, Arachne is no longer as good, especially not when fighting undead when even the nerfed drain life is useless.

Dark spells that don't work against the undead (drain life, etc.) are less useful for Anastasya since she spends a lot of time fighting other undead, especially in the early missions. Against non-undead, agony and mass agony are much better than most presume. While the damage seems lower, it triggers not only on enemy actions, but also retaliations and a double hit when their morale triggers a second move. Mass Agony can be very good for sieges in particular.

Don't forget you can redo your skills each time when you reach the first and second level of blood or tears (probably mission #2 and 4).

I don't find Reinforcement II to be necessary (except for Stronghold) and you will get bored more quickly if you chose the same spells such as Earth Elemental every time. Try some other dark spells such as terror that are very good. I also find Ambush very helpful so you can reinforce/heal/regenerate before the enemy acts.

Dracornis1988
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Dracornis1988 » 03 Feb 2015, 11:25

Until now i can't confirm the bug regarding the staff.

Was it fixed perhaps?

Saved, left the game and reloaded after restarting.

Same Magic Attack, Defense and Mana as before saving..

Return to “Articles”