Heroes VI Preview

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Heroes VI Preview

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Feb 2011, 20:37

Yeah, I thought about putting something in about my spellchecking, but I thought I'd leave it to you. :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes VI Preview

Unread postby michiganjf » 02 Mar 2011, 01:02

I really like the way forts control their surroundings! Very cool, especially if forts have certain defensive advantages, like arrow towers, tough walls, and damage traps.

This is only fair, as the initial conquering army probably suffers losses to win the fort in the first place. I always made neutral towns a challenge to conquer in my maps, since players get defensive advantages once they win the town/fort.

It's never been fair that a little weenie sacrificial hero can go and steal hard-won mines and such.

On another point, I don't know why everyone always has to compare every new version of Heroes to previous versions. For instance, H3 already exists and I can enjoy it for what it is... why would I want any new version to be a clone? I already have H3!!! Each successive version should be something new which creates its own look, feel, and style of play, taking chances for success on its own merits.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes VI Preview

Unread postby rdeford » 02 Mar 2011, 03:01

@ michiganjf -- Regarding: "On another point, I don't know why everyone always has to compare every new version of Heroes to previous versions... "

I totally agree! As you say, most of already own H3. I want newer, better, and different, but based on the same underlying precepts: turn based strategy, exploration, resource management, buildup of forces, and might and magic heroes to lead armies. Outside those precepts, let the creative tiger out of the cage and let's get some new games rolling out!
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Heroes VI Preview

Unread postby Torur » 11 Jul 2011, 15:40

People always refer to H3 when talking about HoMM, cause it has set the standards for what we want in a TBS. That said, all new HoMM games should try to improve the formula, not replicate. We wan't more of the same, just better and improved.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
"George S. Patton, Jr."

Return to “Articles”