Cheats

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 20 May 2005, 12:13

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/156

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 20 May 2005, 12:13

nwcAphrodite

nwcOldMan

These two are a MUST even for non-cheaters. They just look so cool... didn't know 3DO had the time to make easter eggs like these.
==============
I still don't get that stupid WoG puzzle.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 May 2005, 23:25

With this one: nwcCityOfTroy - build all buildings you have to be in the Castle Screen for it to work.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 09 Jun 2005, 19:32

nwcAthena is a good one if you want to give one hero GM stealth and go exploring around a map in a hurry.

nwcPrometheus is good for both playtesting and for checking the map at the beginning of the game. Getting rid of the shroud will let you see the dwellings around you and check alters and treasures. If you don't like it, start over. Otherwise load the game again.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 09 Jun 2005, 19:32

As a general rule of thumb, these cheats come in very handy when you are making a map and/or playtesting a map.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 09 Jun 2005, 22:58

gravyluvr wrote:

nwcAthena is a good one if you want to give one hero GM stealth and go exploring around a map in a hurry.

nwcPrometheus is good for both playtesting and for checking the map at the beginning of the game. Getting rid of the shroud will let you see the dwellings around you and check alters and treasures. If you don't like it, start over. Otherwise load the game again.

Yes, but be sure to put the code in again afterwards to turn the Fog of War back on. nwcPrometheus is a "toggle" code and will stay on (or off) until you re-enter it.

Paladin
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Paladin » 10 Jun 2005, 08:08

nwcGoSolo has a tendency to crash my game. :)
A cat is fine too...

Dragon Angel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dragon Angel » 10 Jun 2005, 09:26

nwcExcalibur is one of my favourites in maptesting... tell how your map looks in a glimpse... you need to have a enough space in disc tough, the BMP files are huge.

also interesting for maptesting (besides Prometheus), nwcHermes... you don't want to be taking turns when checking for map passability. To kill the creatures that are blocking you i tended to use nwcStMichael, now I use nwcRa, shorter :)

what was really nice to test was GoSolo (+Prometheus)... you needed to kill the game afterwards, tough (no possibility to gain control of the game other time after using it), but it gave certain idea on how the AI behave... and you could leave it playing for some turns and come back. It's a pity it does not work in the expansions.
Don't be fooled by the title -- Dragons can disguise as peasants, too

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 10 Nov 2005, 20:23

Crusard, what do you mean by Easter Egg?
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 25 Nov 2005, 04:54

Are these for Winds of War? I tried some of these, I have WoW installed, all of them worked but nwcHephaestus. When i did that it took me to the 'new scenario' screen. Those last two, the battle ones, are really cool. They have their own movement animations and everything. Are there more? Or are these all the cheats released to the public? I've been typing in random stuff to try to get my hero to turn into something else cool.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Webdragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Cheats

Unread postby Webdragon » 28 Sep 2006, 03:14

Why don't the cheat nwcValhalla work in 1.2 ? Only thing that happens for me, is that when I get to "c" in the nwcValhalla the spellbook opens?!

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 28 Sep 2006, 06:37

If the spell book opens when you press c, then you probably didn't press the TAB key before starting to write the cheat. Press it and a blinking cursor will appear in the middle of the screen, then write the cheat.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

maxlas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Cheats

Unread postby maxlas » 26 Nov 2006, 13:54

I am stuck at the Great Wall Scenario (HOMM IV - Winds of War). It seems I can't find a way to pass. Any suggestions please?
Edited on Sun, Nov 26 2006, 06:55 by maxlas

Inisto
Peasant
Peasant

Cheats

Unread postby Inisto » 24 Feb 2007, 12:47

There is a teleporter guarded by Ogre mages to the west but its quite hidden in the landscape but it shouldnt be hard to find on the map if you watch the forest boundaries.

RobB
Scout
Scout

Cheats

Unread postby RobB » 29 Jun 2007, 00:50

I had to create a screenshot for my map test submission and used the nwcPrometheus to reveal the whole map. Now, I can't get the fog of war back and I can't see a cheat in the above list. Anyone know? Or is it there and I just can't see it?
RobB

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Cheats

Unread postby HodgePodge » 29 Jun 2007, 01:35

RobB wrote:I had to create a screenshot for my map test submission and used the nwcPrometheus to reveal the whole map. Now, I can't get the fog of war back and I can't see a cheat in the above list. Anyone know? Or is it there and I just can't see it?
It's a toggle, Rob. Just type the code in again and it will turn off. :)

jeff

Re: Cheats

Unread postby jeff » 29 Jun 2007, 04:03

RobB wrote:I had to create a screenshot for my map test submission and used the nwcPrometheus to reveal the whole map. Now, I can't get the fog of war back and I can't see a cheat in the above list. Anyone know? Or is it there and I just can't see it?
Another handy utility you can use to get a good screenshot is the heroesminimapper utility. You can download at Celestial Heavens in the download section. It is very easy to use and produces excellent screenshots, though a bit small.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

imaginary92
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Cheats

Unread postby imaginary92 » 17 Feb 2014, 19:09

crusard, 3do had enough spare time to make a whole new and completely useless dungeon in mm6: they created the nwc headquarters with staff and all. Yes, they did have free time.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Cheats

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Feb 2014, 17:40

I hope Crusard will read you reply... nearly nine years later. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “Articles”