Researching the Rumor

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 26 Feb 2009, 05:25

I found myself with a bit of time on my hands the other night, so I decided to look into the interesting rumor that popped up referring to Nival's replacement on the Heroes VI scene.

After roughly forty-five minutes of searching several extensive lists of video game producers and developers (many of which do not disclose their locations), I came across a company based in Hungary (as the rumor hinted at) known as Invictus Games. They display a proficiency for racing games and even share a close connection to 1C, one of the companies that contributed to King's Bounty: The Legend. Other than that though, there is no apparent evidence of the rumor's truth here, but I thought it would be nice to start throwing some possible candidates out there. Keep your eyes peeled!

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1235625955
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Feb 2009, 10:21

Racing games, really?! Now wouldn't that be something.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Lepastur » 26 Feb 2009, 11:09

I think that's not the key to find possible candidates. I guess it's more probable if we search about strategy developer which are just about to finish and publish some work, around from now into the next few months (even few months ago). And about the location, I think there's no founded reasons to center only in Hungary.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 26 Feb 2009, 13:37

And why would you think that it has to have a connection with King's Bounty: The Legend?

@Lepastur: I think it has been said that the company will be Hungarian.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 26 Feb 2009, 14:31

Probably the best choice, knowing that Heroes is a strategy game, and the Might & Magic title is in Ubisoft's hands... Oh, and by the way, the head of Invictus is doing 4x4 and car games since he learned programming (this game made him "famous" in Hungary around the mid-nineties: http://www.tar.hu/terep2/)... The best choice for HereosVI, really...

Possible candidates were thrown already, like BlackHole, Digital Reality. There's also a Crytek studio in Budapest, who surely work for Ubi... Neocore Games would be also an interesting choice, check it out:

http://www.neocoregames.com/index.php?action=1
Edited on Thu, Feb 26 2009, 09:37 by Ravenheart87

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Lepastur » 26 Feb 2009, 16:50

@Asheera: What has been said is that hints could point to Hungary, so we can say that's not for sure.

Oh, Ravenhart87 has revealed the horse I would bet for since I knew about the rumour (I wanted to keep in secret). First, because you've only to realize BHole is working for Warhammer (competence), and the new King Arthur's game will be released in few months. Just check its trailer and you'll see a style that could fit into Heroes series and Ubi's cheapness/quality ambitions.
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Sir Dabbler
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Sir Dabbler » 26 Feb 2009, 20:50

So if it has to be 'cheap' (meaning in my mind cost of bid for project)would it be to much to ask to make an excellent smaller game that could be broadened with the expansions? Replayability would be key to first game though. This would keep man hours down in the beginning; allowing to profit from sales and hopefully reinvest additional money into expansions. Instead of trying to score with a homerun on larger scope game; play small ball and accomplish the same thing over the course of a few expansions. Would it be cost effective? Just a randumb thought.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Kalah » 27 Feb 2009, 02:24

I'd like to stress once again that this is only a rumour.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 27 Feb 2009, 04:54

Well, Ubisoft obviously doesn't think very highly of the Might and Magic brand, so this rumor makes sense in the idea that the game will be developed by some unknown studio that develops for the cheap and then forgets to bug test the game before it comes out. Just like Nival.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 27 Feb 2009, 06:19

"I'd like to stress once again that this is only a rumour."

Yeah, rumor, but thinking of Invictus doing strategy games is more than rumor, it's nonsense, believe me...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Feb 2009, 09:24

@Sir Dabbler

Not a good strategy when it comes to the consumers... unless they price it low enough...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir Dabbler
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Sir Dabbler » 27 Feb 2009, 12:07

ThunderTitan, Cost point is always a concern. But if it's good + fun I would be willing to pay a little more. I hate it when a game is promised to be good + great instead it's flat and boring yet is rated as good. Seems some of the rateings get (in my opinion) inflated because nothing has blown them away so it's one of the best this year; but it's still a reasonable poor effort. Another Randumb thought.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Researching the Rumor

Unread postby arturchix » 02 Mar 2009, 21:21

Heroes of Need for Might and Magic Speed. :P

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 02 Mar 2009, 21:23

:lolu:
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Researching the Rumor

Unread postby Storm-giant » 02 Mar 2009, 21:26

arturchix wrote:Heroes of Need for Might and Magic Speed. :P
:rofl:

Return to “News”