King´s Bounty: The Princess Expansion

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Nov 2008, 02:26

<a href="/http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php ... playing</a> brings the news of an expansion pack for King´s Bounty: The Legend.

<i>"Katauri Interactive is already working on the first expansion, King's Bounty: The Princess, adding new races, classes, bosses, arenas to fight in, improved interface, bonuses for awarded medals, and the ability to play as a female character, Princess Amelie."</i>

Four screenshots are shown, including one with, ahem, the Princess' fighting gear. For more information about the expansion, check out <a href="/viewtopic.php?p=253244#253244">this post</a> (by Avonu) and the <a href="/http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/">official Web site</a> (new information in Russian for now).

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1225765573
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 04 Nov 2008, 05:08

Well, I am looking forward to it. I have only played the demo of the King's Bounty so far and it is a great game. I have already purchased the full version, but am waiting for my new computer to arrive this week before I install it. Hopefully, the expansion will arrive just as I am about to finish the main game!

Mitzah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Mitzah » 04 Nov 2008, 08:35

But again..no map editor..limited (to 0) replayability.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 04 Nov 2008, 19:21

No replayability? Give it a rest. It's exactly the same as playing a Heroes campaign a few times only much more enjoyable.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Nov 2008, 20:30

Except that a Heroes game consists not only of a campaign, but of single scenarios and multiplayer modes. Give credit where credit is due.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 04 Nov 2008, 22:28

Do people complaign about an adventure game (who doesn't have any more content for online gaming)? Do people start whining when a game ends and they have a good time? Come on people,this is no HoMM game. Kings Bounty was different in some aspects, and is was an ADVENTURE game with Turn Based battles. No singleplayer maps, just a big adventure. Don't compare those two, please. And keep in mind that this is the "first" add-on, which could mean that more will come, maybe then you get a editor. For now, think about what type of game this is, and judge it on that...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 04 Nov 2008, 22:59

I never cared about replayability in single player. The few games I replayed multiple times were Quake, Diablo and Final Fantasy VI. Multiplayer is another issue. I envy all who complain about replayability - they must have enough free time for it, or nothing important to do.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Nov 2008, 07:02

Replayability is for people that can't get enough games each month...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 05 Nov 2008, 08:01

Doesn't seem to be a question of whether you CAN get them or not. Some people have still standards, as old-fashioned as that may seem.
ZZZzzzz....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Nov 2008, 08:15

Jolly Joker wrote:Some people have still standards, as old-fashioned as that may seem.
you're just assuming stuff about the past... hookers can say what they want, but stealing is way older then women's ability to say no and actually have it so...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 05 Nov 2008, 08:46

Seems to be a comprehension problem: just because you CAN have something (no matter which way), you don't necessarily take it, or do you? Some things don't even seem to be worth the time stealing them, not to mention playing. Has something to do with standards as well.
ZZZzzzz....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Nov 2008, 16:01

Jolly Joker wrote:Some things don't even seem to be worth the time stealing them,
Tell me about it... actually it's the new PC's fault... that and EA started making decent games (and it's killing them apparently, 600 layoffs etc.).

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Nov 2008, 16:12

I was more interested in replayability when I was a poor college students (who played MOO, MOM and Civ2 to death). Today I tend to finish the single-player portion of the game and move on to something else.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Nov 2008, 16:21

For me King's Bounty did lack replayability. But it was great fun on my playthrough and it took about 3 weeks. Pretty good for a birthday present, and more intriguing than a game like Dreamfall that took about 4 days and was much worse than its predecessor.

As for the expansion I'll probably pick it up, but I'm in no rush. I'm surprised to hear news about it so soon. There's nothing on the official English site or forum.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 05 Nov 2008, 16:49

I reviewed the game for the TV channel I work for, and while I liked the gameplay mechanics and overall feel of the game, for me it lacked 2 essential things : a compelling universe and an interesting story, and that's what bored me in the end. So if the expansion improves those parts, I will probably give it a try.

And while Amelie's outfit certainly is... err... unrealistic, I must say the artists at Katauri are quite talented for making beautiful 2D artwork :)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 05 Nov 2008, 22:10

The universe certainly is far from developed, but there is something there to be developed into something unique, and what is there is actually pretty similar to the original M&M universe. It was a huge revelation for me when I first talked to the Rage Spirits to hear them speak of the Titans who created humans as buffoons and the demons as a more advanced race, and that contact with the demons means that we're not *completely* backwards. And there's lots of sci-fi in the universe. I laughed when talking with Sleem and Lina came out of nowhere with talk about organic compounds. She said she'd love to show my character around her world, and I'd love it if an expansion or sequel let me take up that offer.

Also, the game's been pretty ambiguous about whether the "other worlds" are in other planes/dimensions, or if they're other planets, but the Dragon Skaar's comment that the star of the dragon world of Ultrax is dying suggests other planets to me.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 Nov 2008, 03:43

***Some more story spoilers***

So yeah if you've finished the game. I was amused enough most of the time. Sure the frog stuff was annoying but it was clever. And I thought it was funny that astronomer Carl's crazy theories about the world being on the back of a turtle were actually true.

***end spoilers***

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 06 Nov 2008, 07:49

ZZZzzzz....

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 06 Nov 2008, 17:47

Euhm, that link has something to do with....what excatly?
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 06 Nov 2008, 21:25

darknessfood wrote:Euhm, that link has something to do with....what excatly?
Sometimes I wonder whether people are actually reading things.
... astronomer Carl's crazy theories about the world being on the back of a turtle...
ZZZzzzz....

Return to “News”