King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Oct 2008, 15:40

A patch for the English version of King’s Bounty: The Legend released by Atari has been released some time ago. According to the official Web site, "the patch fixes several issues with video and game balance, as well as some other bugs." Download the <a href="/ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/King%27s_Boun ... oc">change log</a> or <a href="/ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/King%27s_Boun ... 5.rar">the patch itself</a> (in rar format). Thanks <a href="/http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/news?ref=0 ... PGWatch</a>.

The game still gets very positive reviews, with a score of 85.3% on GameRankings, nearly seven points ahead of Heroes of Might and Magic V (the comparison being inevitable).

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1225122027
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironmallet » 27 Oct 2008, 16:55

Somebody should do this with HoMM3.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 27 Oct 2008, 23:59

Somebody should do what? There are plenty of updates for H3 and its expansions.

Welcome to the Round Table.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 28 Oct 2008, 00:36

@ AS: So when do we get a KBL forum section? ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironmallet » 28 Oct 2008, 00:52

So you mean that there are remakes of HoMM3 with the graphics of HoMM5 floating around? Please do provide links.

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Darmani » 28 Oct 2008, 04:14

In a way, HoMM V is a remake of HoMM 3.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Oct 2008, 10:04

Darmani wrote:In a way, HoMM V is a remake of HoMM 3.
:lolu: you must be kidding right? HoMM3 is FAR MORE superior then HoMM5. I'm not bashing 5 though, because the game is pretty dahm good, but BY FAR not as good as 3. HoMM3 has a magical charm that makes you wanna play for a loooooooong time, didn't had that with 5. Also, i't has nothing to do with the storyline, which was better and not full of clichés. No I'm not trying to bash you or anything Darmani, but it's how I feel about it.

@Ironmallet: If you really like game,s you should not be appealed by looks, judge a game by the gameplay itself. A game can look SO great, but if the gameplay sucks, you won't play it for a very long time. Give HoMM3 a chance and you WILL enjoy it, no matter what...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 28 Oct 2008, 10:57

@darknessfood: I completely agree with what you say about H3. Although I like H5 very much, H3 is unquestionably the better game of the two, and the game that I still spend the most time with by far.

Nevertheless, Darmani is perfectly correct. H5 is essentially a remake of H3, more than anything else. It owes *far* more to H3 (with some nice ideas incorporated from H4 as well) than to anything else. It's a sort of modernised reinvention of H3, and I'm pretty sure its creators have acknowledged that.

Obviously there's still plenty of life left in the original H3, though, especially with WoG available (though I personally prefer the WoG-less standard game, generally). H5 is 'inspired by' H3 rather than trying to reimplement it, and it brings a lot of good new things of its own (I like its combat system and the skill wheel a lot). But I still much prefer H3 overall. It was just perfect.

Incidentally, I like H3's graphics too. Who cares if it's not a 3D engine? The graphics are beautiful in their own terms, and work perfectly for the game. I don't see any need to remake the game for that reason. (And the music simply couldn't be better, IMHO.)

Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironmallet » 28 Oct 2008, 12:17

@darknessfood, I've been playing HoMM3 and its expansions since 2001. That's why I inquired about a potential remake in the first place. And yes, HoMM3 is quite easily the best game in the whole series.
Edited on Tue, Oct 28 2008, 08:46 by Ironmallet

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Oct 2008, 13:11

Well if it's any news, the new WoG will provide a 32bit suport. It will be looking better I guess...

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 29 Oct 2008, 03:31

I just got the demo - this game is awesome!

Does anybody know if he chests that appear during battle-scenes disappear if I don't pick them up during battles?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Oct 2008, 10:04

Well, they only appear during battle, so if you don't pick them up, where do you expect to get them instead?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 29 Oct 2008, 14:36

Well, at the end of the battle you get loot - so maybe they would be included in the loot, but I don't know.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 29 Oct 2008, 14:49

Another question: What world is King's Bounty: The Legend set in? Is it in the old Might & Magic universe or in the new Might & Magic universe or in a separate universe altogether?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 29 Oct 2008, 15:33

The last time I checked, King's bounty: Legend and HoMM share little together.

In other words, KB:L happens in its own world.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 29 Oct 2008, 16:29

Alright - thanks! I just kind of assumed that all M&M games shared a common universe (and now share a different common universe). I suppose, King's Bounty is not strictly speaking a M&M game...

Another question: This game is a remake of the original King's Bounty (which I haven't played). Does 'remake' in this case mean that it is basically completely the same (same storyline, monsters, etc.) or is it simply a in the same spirit?

BTW: I am loving this game so far!

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 29 Oct 2008, 16:44

Alright - thanks! I just kind of assumed that all M&M games shared a common universe (and now share a different common universe). I suppose, King's Bounty is not strictly speaking a M&M game...

Another question: This game is a remake of the original King's Bounty (which I haven't played). Does 'remake' in this case mean that it is basically completely the same (same storyline, monsters, etc.) or is it simply a in the same spirit?

BTW: I am loving this game so far!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Oct 2008, 16:57

You cannot call this a remake in the sentance that everything from the past is in this game, only better. They took the name, and battlestyle and made a unique game, visualy and gamewise. Things that are the same with the first one are roughly said:

1) Same gameplay. Walk trough in Realt Time and battles Turn Based
2) 3 Class system, no more.
3) GREATNESS!!!

It's just a great game...

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 29 Oct 2008, 17:03

I have to agree on the greatness. This game is pure awesome! I am getting the full version for sure over the weekend if not sooner.

Oh, and the music is absolutely fantastic.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: King´s Bounty: The Legend Patch

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Oct 2008, 17:07

Roman wrote:I have to agree on the greatness. This game is pure awesome! I am getting the full version for sure over the weekend if not sooner.

Oh, and the music is absolutely fantastic.
Yeah, the music is really awesome!!!

Return to “News”