King´s Bounty English Demo

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 23 Sep 2008, 17:43

I've seen that there are many different creature types to hire and skill concentration can be weighted towards good or evil factions. This means, at the least, one can replay with emphasis on the opposite alignment from the first go round. In the demo evil creatures were available for hire, but except for experimental purposes in the demo, it didn't make sense to hire evil because the stronger creatures were good and I didn't want the morale penalty. This means that one will likely go with one alignment or another late in the game. I noticed that replaying the demo with the same character, available creature hires changed a bit, as did object spawns of every type of object. This in itself will change up game play a little.

Also, I think game time will likely be significantly longer than 30 hours, unless you really make an effort to rush through.

The original king's bounty didn't change significantly for replay either, but every couple of years I pull it out and enjoy replaying it anyway, just to give me a break from games I've exhausted, like heroes. I think this King's bounty will have that kind of replayability as well.

All in all, $40 U.S. won't be an excessive investment for that amount of return in game play.
Edited on Tue, Sep 23 2008, 13:45 by michiganjf

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 23 Sep 2008, 20:17

That's crazy talk Jolly Joker. I've played every M&M game so many times I've lost count. Every game is the same. Creatures in the same spot. Chests in the same spot. Quests exactly the same. Where's the replayability in that? The replayability is there because they are great games and a pleasure to play no matter how many times you do the Isle of Lost Souls or the Tomb of Varn. Even Heroes maps/campaigns

are similar every time you play them and the maps are always the same. I'm sure you've replayed them countless times and still enjoy them.

Every game is going to be different in KB and apparently there is over 60 hours of gameplay, not 40. I cant wait to play it.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 23 Sep 2008, 23:38

Well, I wanted to see if I could beat the Medusa hero by playing on easy mode... I managed to defeat the Medusa's army with 3 horseman left at the end of the battle. Easy mode gives out a slew of runes, so I was able to put together a fairly advanced skill set. I chose to raise Master of Spirits to level 3 as quickly as possible and used rage spells as often as possible to advance rage spells as far as I could.

I ended with the demo as a level 6 warrior with 1836 leadership and a full kickass army compliment. I had 5 attack, 11 defense, and 1 intellect (due to wheel shield's -1 int.) I also still had 8 Griffin eggs left, and 175,336 gold. I was about a quarter way to level 7.

"Big Pato," the level 15 Giant Hero is definitley unbeatable in the Demo, even with the full army I have left and my advanced skill set... I can't wait to hire some of those ogres and giants!
Edited on Tue, Sep 23 2008, 19:38 by michiganjf

natasha
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby natasha » 24 Sep 2008, 01:33

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 24 Sep 2008, 06:51

GameSpy Review = GREAT! 4.5

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: King´s Bounty English Demo

Unread postby Macros the Black » 28 Sep 2008, 02:44

@michiganjf: Have you tried the artifact battle?

(if you don't know what I'm talking about, there's a belt artifact in the game that you can upgrade by battling a bunch of enemies.. really hard fight. If you have the belt, go into you inventory, hold your cursor over it and click "upgrade")

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 28 Sep 2008, 15:05

Yeah, I've done a few upgrade battles now and some are much harder than others. In the demo I successfully did a boot upgrade and a belt upgrade. Since I bought the game, I've only tried one upgrade and it kicked my butt... it was for a rod that enhances leadership and has four upgrade levels... the first upgrade alone had six gremlin towers of 1760 points each, as well as loads of troops! Needless to say, I reloaded my last save and blew off that battle. I can only imagine what the fourth level of upgrade might be like.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Sep 2008, 13:09

What I find really annoying is that I can't tell how strong an enemy is, or I don't know how, so I have to save before every battle.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Sep 2008, 16:39

I don't get those rage points. I accumulate them, and then they drop down again. What gives?

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 29 Sep 2008, 17:16

You can develop your scouting skill to see the strength of enemies before you fight them. The more you develop the skill, the more info you'll get on an enemy stack.

Rage is a warm-up skill... you have to fight to get rage points, or you can beef up rage before battle using red rage potions or certain charged artifacts.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 29 Sep 2008, 17:33

Okay, I've discovered the scouting skill and now can see some basic info about the monsters (weak, impossible, etc..) which is enough for now.

Still don't understand rage though. Do you require any special skills to use it? Like I said, the amount of rage I have fluctuates and doesn't seem to do anything.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 29 Sep 2008, 21:17

Metathron wrote:Okay, I've discovered the scouting skill and now can see some basic info about the monsters (weak, impossible, etc..) which is enough for now.

Still don't understand rage though. Do you require any special skills to use it? Like I said, the amount of rage I have fluctuates and doesn't seem to do anything.
Yeah, when you "beat" the main quest of the demo, you get a Box of Rage, inside are Spirits of Rage. These can get special abilities, which work similarly to spells but cost rage instead. You can cast a spell ánd a rage ability in a round.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 30 Sep 2008, 17:35

Yes, talk to King Mark for the quest to get the rage box and complete his quest. In the full version of the game, the path to obtaining the rage box is more involved, and after you finally get the box, you have to speak to the rage spirits and do what they ask before you can use rage.

michiganjf
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby michiganjf » 09 Oct 2008, 19:42

I found 6 options for wives in the game... has anyone found more than this? I finished the game with my warrior having completed 97 quests. Unfortunately, I started a new Mage game and then realized I had forgotten to go back to that stupid pyramid after having activated all of the monoliths... I guess I'll have to wait and do that with my mage to find out what the pyramid was about. Also, if you've put together sets of artifacts, please post them. I have not completed a single set and would like to try one or two.
Edited on Mon, Oct 13 2008, 02:04 by michiganjf

Return to “News”